SW on New Years Eve

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
My oldest DS's family decided to add a day onto their Disney trip and enjoy NYE @ SW this year.

Their flight should allow them to enter the park shortly after 10:00 am that day

Will be staying @ the Hilton vacation club nearby.

Is the preferred seating thing a good idea for NYE?

Not sure if their hotel offers quick queue or not. Normally would tell them to wait to judge the crowds, but not sure if it ever sells out on holidays.

Looks as thought the park will be open until 12:30 pm. Anybody remember when they usually set off the fireworks? Any specific places better for viewing?

Any suggestions I can pass along for visiting on what I assume will be a very busy day/night most welcome.

My oldest DS's family decided to add a day onto their Disney trip and enjoy NYE @ SW this year.

Their flight should allow them to enter the park shortly after 10:00 am that day

Will be staying @ the Hilton vacation club nearby.

Is the preferred seating thing a good idea for NYE?

Not sure if their hotel offers quick queue or not. Normally would tell them to wait to judge the crowds, but not sure if it ever sells out on holidays.

Looks as thought the park will be open until 12:30 pm. Anybody remember when they usually set off the fireworks? Any specific places better for viewing?

Any suggestions I can pass along for visiting on what I assume will be a very busy day/night most welcome.

I have gone to SeaWorld for New Years Eve multiple times now so definitely have plenty of experience with it

New Years Eve fireworks go off at midnight. They start with Holiday Reflections around 11:55pm and that is a fireworks show as well. Then at 11:59 they start the countdown to New Years. In years past the sky tower rises to the top and when it hits the top is when its midnight. Since sky tower has not been working much this year not sure if that will be the plan again. However best viewing will be at Bayside Stadium lower level as close to the front rows as possible. The upper floor blocks some fireworks due to the roof. From this stadium you will see everything and they also have confetti and streamers here. But this stadium fills fast so be aware of that you need to be there early. If you do miss out on this spot you can view fireworks all across the lake but you will miss out on confetti etc.

SeaWorld on New Years eve typically gets busier around 5pm and then is absolutely packed around 830pm and 9pm. Preferred seating is a good idea if they want to have decent seats and not show up 45 mins early. With preferred seating you will be right in the middle and show up 15 mins before show time so it definitely helps maximize your time in the park seeing lots of things.

Hope this helps

I have gone to SeaWorld for New Years Eve multiple times now so definitely have plenty of experience with it

New Years Eve fireworks go off at midnight. They start with Holiday Reflections around 11:55pm and that is a fireworks show as well. Then at 11:59 they start the countdown to New Years. In years past the sky tower rises to the top and when it hits the top is when its midnight. Since sky tower has not been working much this year not sure if that will be the plan again. However best viewing will be at Bayside Stadium lower level as close to the front rows as possible. The upper floor blocks some fireworks due to the roof. From this stadium you will see everything and they also have confetti and streamers here. But this stadium fills fast so be aware of that you need to be there early. If you do miss out on this spot you can view fireworks all across the lake but you will miss out on confetti etc.

SeaWorld on New Years eve typically gets busier around 5pm and then is absolutely packed around 830pm and 9pm. Preferred seating is a good idea if they want to have decent seats and not show up 45 mins early. With preferred seating you will be right in the middle and show up 15 mins before show time so it definitely helps maximize your time in the park seeing lots of things.

Hope this helps

Actually, "Holiday Reflections" hasn't run in several years. I believe they now do it after the last "Winter Wonderland on Ice" show. And I believe last year SeaWorld dropped the ball and didn't shoot fireworks off until about 12:15, you could hear fireworks going off everywhere else, but none at SeaWorld. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

But yes, Bayside stadium is the best place to see the show and you want to be there early to get good seats.

Actually, "Holiday Reflections" hasn't run in several years. I believe they now do it after the last "Winter Wonderland on Ice" show. And I believe last year SeaWorld dropped the ball and didn't shoot fireworks off until about 12:15, you could hear fireworks going off everywhere else, but none at SeaWorld. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

But yes, Bayside stadium is the best place to see the show and you want to be there early to get good seats.

Holiday Reflections is only on New Years Eve now. It leads into the New Years Fireworks. Since the New Years Fireworks are short the Holiday Reflections show adds a little more to it. And yes you are right about New Years being late last year at SeaWorld. Do to a reserved seating issue in the stadium Winter Wonderland on Ice last show started late. It could have been handled so much better

My oldest DS's family decided to add a day onto their Disney trip and enjoy NYE @ SW this year. Anybody remember when they usually set off the fireworks? Any specific places better for viewing?

keishashadow can you provide any feedback as to your DS and his family experienced on NYE at SW? We are considering spending NYE this year and I would like to know what they thought being their first time too.

Hope this helps

If we are to buy preferred seating for the holiday shows does it also give us preferred seating at the Bayside Stadium for the fireworks/confetti, etc? I'm not sure if you were referring to that as the show or the Ice Show. They aren't in the same place, right? How far in advance do you need to show up if you have preferred seating? Is it rather civil or is there chaos at New years? DH and I are not huge fans of crowds but can handle it if it's civil/organized - vs crazy drunk partiers. I'm guessing it's not necessarily a party crowd but more families and couples enjoying NYE? I know everyone is entitled to have a good time, but I am just trying to set my expectation level. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter