SW Indiana; NW Kentucky; SW Illinois New Poll!

Our Meetup~

• December Saturday

• November Saturday

• If in December: Secret Mickey (Secret Santa Gift Exchange)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can help plan it! If we could by chance do it either in November or December that would work best for me as October is SHOT! Every weekend we have something going on! Also if we do it close to the holidays we can do an ice breaker of a Secret Mickey! :cool1:

i cant in octcober either or the first weekend in november...Would a wednesday night work or do we want a weekend?!

It really is up to those travelling a distance, as far as I am concerned. It seems with the amount of folks on here we have from all over Evansville might be the "Hub". And no I'm not saying that cause I live here!

I drive everyday 150 miles round trip so if I need to drive that is fine by me, but I would ask that it's on the weekend so that I can arrange childcare, etc.

Evansville is good for me. weekends are best for me, but I will try to do whatever. there is no way to meet everyones needs, so just set what you can and Im sure as many people that can will make it.:goodvibes

I am about a hour and a half from Evansville....I will actually be driving down there tommrrow for my friends babys funeral services (viewing)...so sad!

Hi,
I am from Southern, IL. I live just outside of Omaha. It is about 45 minutes from Evansville. I go there a lot to shop!! It would be great to meet all of you.

I'll set it up on the thread.

We are thinking:
Evansville on a Saturday

Questions:
Evening or Afternoon

Do a Secret Santa (Secret Mickey) if it is in December?

It doesnt matter that will be fine. Then once we give the poll a couple days we can do another on what day is best! sound good? Any other questions just PM me!

Hi

we are in Bloomington, IN ..we have been to the "World" 5 years in a row, couldn't make it this year though, goin in 08 can't wait!
love the DIS, best WDW site on the web :wizard:

Just wanted to say HELLO to my fellow Kentuckians. I am on the other side of the state- Greenup, Ky. I am from Northern Ky, though. (Cynthiana - it's near Lexington). It's fun to see there are so many people from the same area. Hope you have a great Dis meet.

Was reading the thread and had to jump in!

I grew up in Southern Illinois. I live in Illinois, just outside of St. Louis and work over in St. Louis. :thumbsup2

We will be in Disney from December 15th -22nd. It's our first time there during the Christmas season and are very excited. :dance3:

I grew up in Metropolis, IL. My oldest son still lives there! GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

We are heading to Disney next December (first time at christmas..) I cna't wait.. :santa: :santa: :santa:

Hey friends - I just found this thread.
I'm in Murray, KY and I LOVE the DISboards (and Disney, of course)!

Hey friends - I just found this thread.
I'm in Murray, KY and I LOVE the DISboards (and Disney, of course)!

Are you kidding? I work in Murray. I'm a teacher at CCMS. We are taking a trip with our entire family next Christmas to Disney, guess who they put in charge? I've been spending a large amount of time planning.

You wouldn't happen to have any points to rent would you? I'm getting ready to rent from someone on the boards, which is quite nerve-wracking. Renting from someone you do not know....

I actually have some advice to give on renting DVC points. DO IT! But there are some steps to take to insure your purchase is done right and most importantly so that you don't arrive at WDW expecting a resort room and be looked at confusedly!

1. Demand references.
2. Pay with PayPal or some other secure payment method that helps protect against someone taking your money and not fulfilling their end of the bargain. Most folks will charge a 3% surcharge b/c they get hit with a fee. But it is worth the peace of mind.
3. Prices should not be above $13 a point. I got outrs for 10-11 a point. Anything over $13 a point in a long term purchase is a rip off.
4. Your renter should work with you on reservations (provide you a room reservation code), Magical Express, Dining Reservations, and Room Preferances.
5. Constant communication is absolutely key in these relationships! Before you pay a dime make sure you a have a rental agreement and that you each have a copy of the agreement and the payment schedule and any penalties for late or missed payments. This is a business transaction, and if you protect yourself in a manner like this it will help to protect your vacation.

Hope This Helps!
Amy

Hello Everyone!

I just found this thread. I live in Washington, Indiana. I grew up in Terre Haute and lived in Evansville for a short while. I am glad to find some other Disney fans in Indiana. Our next trip is Jan 22 and I can't wait. It should be fun to chat with other in the area.

Nikki

dcrouch, mommymcqueenof3, abcboys, bigkid@disney, mrsksomeday, chamonix, dpcheercoach, and sarcasticblonde...ya'll will know where I'm located. :goodvibes

I've been in Herrin for 6 years, which is 10 miles east of Carbondale...Go Dawgs! :thumbsup2 DH and I are both originally from Murphysboro, which is 7 miles west of Carbondale.

Evansville is just a hop, skip and a jump away for me...I'm 10 minutes off of Interstate 57 (Marion, IL) and then it's 40 minutes to Mt. Vernon and Interstate 64 and about another hour and I'm there. I know there is another way to go on the backroads through Harrisburg, but the bridge into Indiana has been out of commission since the one in Minnesota collapsed so can't go that way now.

I'd be up for a DIS meet! Shopping in Evansville is pretty good so make a day of it I say. ;)

Our next trip to WDW is a "grownups only" one...January 5-10. We had some DVC points that we needed to use so as DH said, we hafto go. :p Then we're going back March 10-14 for spring break. Our DS's high school marching band (Carterville) is marching before the afternoon parade in MK on March 13. We offered to chaperone, but DS said we've done our share already. :hug: So, it'll be grownups only again. I have to tell ya...the grownup only trips have been harder to plan than the ones with DS. :rotfl:

Nice to see so many folks from the Tri-State area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter