SW DIS Meet confirmed

Kevin Stringer

Chat Host
After much organising and untold pain on my behalf (alright, so Tam made one phone call) the pub has been booked.

The date: Saturday 8th June. (just right to celebrate England crushing the puny Argentinians the day before).

The time: 12:00 noon. (High noon, I'll have my beer bottles strapped to my side).

The location: Same as last year. The Old Lodge on Minchinhampton Common, Gloucestershire.

Please let me know if you can make it, along with numbers.
Those planning to buy me a beer will get preferential treatment. This usually involves me (the question master) cheating on your behalf during the Great Disney Quiz.

Hilary and Fiona will be doing all the work as usual, while I will bark out the occassional order that nobody listens to, before retiring to the corner to sulk.

If anyone needs directions, then e-mail me and I can send maps. Don't be surprised if you end up in Istanbul though.
Also, if you are coming far enough to require a place to stay (or intend to get very drunk) I will try to sort something out that does not include a tent on my back lawn.

Cheers

Kev

By the way, anyone making referance to pink handbags will be banned. It's SO last year sweetie.

Awh Kev, no pink handbags :( , hardly worth going now is it?!! :)

Count me in, hopefully I'll be able to find my way there again.

I'll buy you a beer for preferential treatment - so, what extras do I get then?!

Astrid x

Just bumping up in case anyone else is interested.

Come on folks we don't bite!

Well, Hilary does, but the rest of us are well trained!

Kev

Now look here, Kevin, just because you know Shirley-baby won't be here to admonish you next week there's no need to start picking on me!

Take no notice of him, everyone, we'd love to see you all at the meet.

Hmm, so that's Kevin, me, Fiona, Astrid and Sam at the moment......... that's not nearly enough people to empty Kevin's wallet when it's his round.

Come on, check your diaries and 'sign up'.

I am replying for both me and Shirley.

She is unable to help write this reply due to the fact that for several weeks now she has been reading every book/article/news cutting in anticipation of the Great Disney Quiz.

No Katharine this time as she will still be at school (bless).

looking forward to seeing you all again.

...... DH and I are coming :D !! Long distance ....... so would love some maps sent please Kevin honey.

Naturally I shall be along to defend my Quiz Queen crown :rolleyes: Whaddya mean, it was just a fluke last year?!

I would love to come, but unfortunately on the 8th of June I have a pressing engagement at the Magic Kingdom - such a shame:D

Bev

Debs, didn't anyone tell you that last year's winner has to sort out this year's quiz? ;) (and has to come up with even better prizes than last year!)

:eek:

;)

:p

:cool:

Oh, all right, that isn't true, but it was worth a try............

Sorry to disappoint you all, but the Dazzle's will be coming!!

Please be kind - we're Virgins you know! This will be our first Dis Meet, so we'll make apologies now for . . .

a) probably failing miserably in the Great Disney Quiz
b) bringing DD Katie (9) . . . who will be very shy when she first gets there, but will soon liven up the occasion
:Pinkbounc

Kev - sending PM cos I don't have a clue where Munchkincommon is!

Looking forward to putting faces to those names soon.

Annie, Darryl and Katie

I would love to have been there but am travelling back from Spain that very day:(

Hopefully next time:)

We've booked into the Cotswold Hoburne Campin Park at South Cerney for the weekend so we can intimidate the locals as well as ruin yer posh meet :eek:

If anyone drives past that area to the meet, could we foller yer?

Originally posted by SpottyDog
We've booked into the Cotswold Hoburne Campin Park at South Cerney for the weekend so we can intimidate the locals as well as ruin yer posh meet :eek:

If anyone drives past that area to the meet, could we foller yer?

Dave - if we knew where the Camping Park was yer'd be welcome to foller us, but haven't a clue where any of it is, so hoping to see you next Saturday;) :D

Did someone mention a UK DIS Meet?

I sure could go for a dozen or so pints of Courage Best. ;)

Have a good time. :wave:

Hi all,

for those who didn't receive the email, we are now unable to go to the meet due to unforseen circumstances.

Hope you all have a wonderful day

...... oh no! I was really looking forward to meeting you Paul & Shirley - sorry you won't be there.
...... and Chris! Aren't you and Beth coming? You aren't going to let a little matter like The Pond prevent you from coming surely??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter