Sushi!!!!???

From what I have read over and over again, it would be The California Grill in the CR. Here is their most recent Sushi menu from allears.net. :upsidedow

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yellowfin Tuna Three Ways - poki, tartar, and tataki $20 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,]
Sashimi - Yellowfin Tuna, Salmon and Hamachi $16
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Snake in the Grass" - Shrimp Tempura with Avocado, Eel, and Cucumber $22
[/FONT]Double-Crunch Rainbow Roll - cobia, salmon, tuna, tempuracrunch, and tobikko $19
Hurricane Roll -
spicy crab, shrimp, tuna, cucumber and tempura squid $19
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spicy Sensation - Scallops, Tuna, Avocado, Tobiko, and Fireball Sauce $18
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]California Roll[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - jumbo lump crab with avocado and cucumber $17
Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter - Maki and Nigiri $24
[/FONT]​

California Grill has great sushi... I have also heard the place in the dolphin or the swan (i've never personally tried there). Hopefully the new Japan in Epcot will have some yummy sushi as well.

I can vouch for CG's Snake in the Grass - it is wonderful! I was kind of hesitant at first because I wasn't sure I would like the eel but our waiter assured me that I would and said it was his favorite. He was soooo right because I loved it!

I haven't tried it anywhere other than at Wolfgang Puck's, but that was some darn good sushi and I've gone back several times for more!

I thought Kimonos had pretty good ,but not great, sushi. It tasted fine, but I would have liked a more artful presentation. I like it when it's so beautiful that I regret eating it, but I've only had that caliber of sushi in Japan and San Fransisco (they probably have it somewhere in Orlando--heck, maybe even at Kimonos, but not for our meal.)

We also got the tempura. It was good, but I wished they'd had shrimp, fish, and more traditional vegies than chicken, shrimp, and asparagus.

We tried sushi for the first time at Cali Grill. We weren't planning on having it their but our waiter really suggested it and it was delicious!

We ate at Cali grill 2 weeks ago... YESS THE SUSHI WAS HEAVEN (best in the WD "world".

I'm kinda picky when it comes to sushi... wait I'm VERY picky... the sushi chef actually came out and especially made sushi for me!! I had tempura squid with avocado.. MMMMMMM :cool1:

CG all the way. If you are not a sushi snob, Yoshie will make you one!

Yellowfin Tuna Three Ways is amazing.

I guess I have the advantage of proximity. I've had the sushi at Wolfgang Pucks, which is very good. I've had the sushi at Kimonos, which is the best sushi anywhere on Disney property and you don't need an ADR to get in. I've had the sushi at California Grill, as a matter of fact I was there Saturday and here is "snake in the grass", "tuna three ways" and something that I don't recall(maybe yoshi's platter or combo...) . sushi at Cali is about an eyelash below Kimonos, it's hard to get a rez on short notice, but the view is beyond compare and not to be missed. My expert advice: try to go to CG for the total experience, but if you can't, you will still be thrilled at Kimonos.

danasb-day009.jpg

Cali Grill has great Sushi! DW has only tried a few selections until we went to Cali Grill and she tried and loved every one. They had a great Sushi bar at Japan in Epcot, I don't know how the Refurb will impact that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter