Survivor Winners at War Season 40

It would've been great to do that but instead they've brought back the Isle of Extinction, almost guaranteeing that there will be 17 jury members.

Also, if Sandra isn't voted off first, what are they even doing playing this game? Whether you like her or you don't, she's a 2-time winner, and you need to respect that with as quick a vote out as possible.

Boston Rob will likely be another early boot. He's too good at manipulating people to be allowed to stay.

I am rooting for Natalie, because I've been a fan of the Twinnies since their TAR days.

I miss the freaky food challenges and that in season 1 they actually had to eat rats to survive. All they were given was rice and they had to learn to make fire in order to boil their water. I’m sure most of that was changed to avoid lawsuits if someone got ill. But it was much more a game of survival than alliances, scheming and blindsides, as fun as that is.

I can't believe this show has lasted that long! I know it's 2 seasons a year, but still...20 years?! I remember when Jeff Probst was a correspondent on one of the entertainment shows...

What next? They should do one with all the second place winners? Then the third place winners? The ones who got voted off first?!

I miss the freaky food challenges and that in season 1 they actually had to eat rats to survive. All they were given was rice and they had to learn to make fire in order to boil their water. I’m sure most of that was changed to avoid lawsuits if someone got ill. But it was much more a game of survival than alliances, scheming and blindsides, as fun as that is.

I agree with the survival aspect - I really miss that. I know they still lose weight and all but it doesn't seem like the "surviving" part is as important.

I disagree with the alliances and scheming - I think that's been around since the beginning and I do enjoy that. I liked when it was all mental and there was no "luck" thrown in with someone finding an idol.

It would've been great to do that but instead they've brought back the Isle of Extinction, almost guaranteeing that there will be 17 jury members.

Also, if Sandra isn't voted off first, what are they even doing playing this game? Whether you like her or you don't, she's a 2-time winner, and you need to respect that with as quick a vote out as possible.

Boston Rob will likely be another early boot. He's too good at manipulating people to be allowed to stay.

I am rooting for Natalie, because I've been a fan of the Twinnies since their TAR days.

I know, right? I mean, I love Sandra--I think she's great. Smart and funny and plays a great social game. But--SHE HAS TO GO!!! YESTERDAY!!!

Won't it be fun if there are no "dead weights" to bring to the end? That's always annoying when some really bad players get kept around because everyone knows they won't get votes. Be more interesting if it's all hard players and a close vote at the end.

I'm looking forward to this season. I didn't realize that they were going back to their beginnings. That's a nice twist.

I'm looking forward to this season. I didn't realize that they were going back to their beginnings. That's a nice twist.
I guess that I didn't catch that. What beginning are they going back to?

I was all set to not care for this season but am pumped as usual. It was nice to see where a lot of the "extra" stuff was introduced into the show. And some of the game "firsts". I would have seen some of the earlier seasons mentioned more like Australia and Africa but I guess it would have had to have been a longer show then. I wouldn't have minded though.

Last night’s preshow was disappointing. Too much of recent seasons (30-39) and not enough of the earlier ones (1-29). But that’s my opinion. Loved seeing Amber and Parvati again!

I wasn't going to watch anymore after last season's mess. But...I'm in. They got me with all past winners. Loved watching the show last night that was a recap of the past 20 years. Loved seeing the OG Survivor and I too wish they'd get back to that.

I was all set to not care for this season but am pumped as usual.
I wasn't going to watch anymore after last season's mess. But...I'm in. They got me with all past winners.
giphy.gif

I totally thought that the premier was Wednesday and I was waiting to watch it -- guess I should pay closer attention. Enjoyed the highlights though.

Last edited:
I can't believe this show has lasted that long! I know it's 2 seasons a year, but still...20 years?! I remember when Jeff Probst was a correspondent on one of the entertainment shows...

What next? They should do one with all the second place winners? Then the third place winners? The ones who got voted off first?!

Heard the rats were organic so not an issue. :teeth:

First one's off would be great to see them play since they never had a good opportunity to do so.

I'm in. I'd love to see a first off season as well. It'd be horrible if they brought back Francesca and she was voted of first for the third time, lol.

I don't understand the tokens - If you are on EoE you can get advantages (find them, or maybe they are given out?). But then players in the game can buy the advantages for tokens they somehow squirrel together - OK but what to the EoE players do with the tokens? Maybe they will be allowed to buy food or comfort items in the EoE general store?

I dunno - I thought EoE was dumb. Everyone there is just hanging around getting sunburned with nothing to do. I think I'd rather be on Ponderosa with a comfy bed and an open kitchen. Maybe EoE rejects don't go to Ponderosa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter