SURVIVOR 39: ISLAND OF THE IDOLS premieres Sept. 25, 2019

I missed it, as usual, but just read a recap. Dang! I wonder if we’ll ever know what happened.

Note: hidden text since I don't know if everyone wants to see it - highlight to read.

This is as close to an explanation as I've seen:

"PEOPLE has spoken to multiple people involved with the show’s production, who confirmed that the incident in question — which involved a member of the show’s production team — happened after an immunity challenge as Spilo and other contestants were getting into a boat to transport them back to the camp.
At one point, Spilo allegedly touched the female crew member’s leg. According to multiple sources, he insisted that the contact was inadvertent and accidental as he lost his balance while trying to get into the boat. At least one of the remaining contestants witnessed the incident.
But the show’s production team wasn’t convinced that the contact was merely incidental. After consulting with the show’s legal team, producers eventually decided to remove him from the show."

Probst in his post show interview:

“I’ve endeavored to be as forthcoming as possible with you regarding everything that has happened this season. In this situation, out of respect for privacy and confidentiality, I can’t say anymore.”

Personally I think Probst et al should have at least owned up to what People is reporting instead of taking a we can't talk about it at all stance, since that only feeds speculation and rumors.
I've already seen people post that cast and crew have been known to "rumble in the jungle" during filming, and that's probably what happened. Maybe I'm naive, but I choose to believe the show would not allow that. While still not acceptable, especially in light of earlier complaints of inappropriate touching, the People explanation at least makes sense to me. Before I read it I was really starting to wonder how much contact cast and crew are allowed.

Something about he touched a female crew member’s leg as he was getting into a boat to return to camp. He claims he lost his balance.

Something about he touched a female crew member’s leg as he was getting into a boat to return to camp. He claims he lost his balance.
You know, it's POSSIBLE that last incident was inadvertent, but he had already demonstrated a pattern of creepiness, so I can see why the lawyers decided to just cut him loose.

And yet, despite documented video evidence that it was happening before, they did nothing because it was during the course of the game.

I'm gonna record the finale for my wife, but I think I'm done with the season. I just don't see them giving this much of a fair shake during the taped reunion.

I still like Janet. And coo coo Noura is fun to watch (like did she really think putting Dean's shoes on the sign was some sort of game move...lol). But a bit ticked at the Dan thing. Ticked at the show for not giving us more info on what happened. If Dan truly was groping then he should have been kicked out incident 1....not day 30 incident 3. So I am thinking I am done with the show. I feel like this was a concerted effort, by show, to make this season all about social issues. I feel played.

Elaine's Ponderosa (I like her, sad she got voted out)

I'd kind of wondered why they gave so much airtime to the Dan thing before, and why he got such a really bad edit since they didn't send him home. Now I get it - they wanted to make sure they looked like they were in the right when they kicked him off later. The whole situation bothers me - that dude should have been kicked off much much earlier.

Really a bad season, I only watched last night after seeing lots of spoilers going crazy today.

I guess they weren't a lie after all.
The rumors were that Dan was evicted the week that Aaron and Missy went with the double boot. Rumors were Dan and Elizabeth and Dan being sent home (not jury). Yes he was sent home but not that week.

Never say never, but I just don't see it. The current Final Tribal setup tends to mitigate the bitter jury effect, so Dan wouldn't pick up votes in that manner.

Never say never, but I just don't see it. The current Final Tribal setup tends to mitigate the bitter jury effect, so Dan wouldn't pick up votes in that manner.

Maybe except if you notice - since Kellee got kicked out for complaining about him - he has not received any votes, none, zero, at any tribal council. I don't think the contestants were as aware of stuff as the show has made it obvious for the viewers.

True but that is the heart of a solid alliance. If you're doing things well enough you can steer the votes however you like.

The only saving grace is that dumb old Dean (who still thinks he has a legacy advantage useable at 6 people left) won't get a chance to "use" it since there are only 5 people left. LOL. Especially if he decided to "use" it as he told Rob and Sandra he wanted to....that is, to intentionally draw votes to himself and then "play" his legacy advantage. I would have loved to see THAT play out. LOL

The only saving grace is that dumb old Dean (who still thinks he has a legacy advantage useable at 6 people left) won't get a chance to "use" it since there are only 5 people left. LOL. Especially if he decided to "use" it as he told Rob and Sandra he wanted to....that is, to intentionally draw votes to himself and then "play" his legacy advantage. I would have loved to see THAT play out. LOL

I would have loved to see this as well. I was just shocked with what he was saying he was going to do with it.

This is from Varner so take it for what it's worth:

Can't post due to cuss words but look up his tweet.

This is from Varner so take it for what it's worth:

Can't post due to cuss words but look up his tweet.

I've never given Varner much thought after he outed Zeke and tried to claim that he was untrustworthy because he was transgendered. So I can't treat much of anything Varner says with any level of respect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter