Survey on Disney in room products vs. home products

monica9

DIS Veteran
Do you use Disney resort shampoo and soap or do you bring your own? Trying to pack light and wondering if I should just use theirs and bring my own face soap and conditioner. Also, I forgot if they give conditioner?????

I usually bring my own shampoo, take disney shampoo home and never use it. The whole process takes up room I can use for other items in my suitcase.

Just wanted to take a little survey

My husband and kids usually use the hotel toiletries when we travel, but without the Aveda shampoo and conditioner I love, I would probably shave my head. :thumbsup2

I'm pretty sure there's always been conditioner in the rooms we've stayed in at WDW. Not sure if the toiletries vary by resort level though . . .

I take my own, but bring 14 or so little bottles of the Disney stuff home with me as it's great for weekend camping trips.

I use their soap. I used to use their shampoo/conditioner combo in the moderate resorts but now that I've been highlighting my hair, I bring my own special stuff.

I prefer my own lotion over theirs too. Once I forgot my body lotion and luckily I was staying deluxe so they provided lotion but it wasn't near as good as mine. It was better than nothing though.

Each level of resort gets different types of stuff. When I stayed value, it was soap and combo shampoo/conditioner in the room and that's it.

When I stayed moderate it was shampoo/conditioner, soap and a couple of times they put in lotion but not every day so I don't know if that was a mistake or what.

When I stayed deluxe, it was a seperate shampoo and conditioner, soap and lotion.

When we stayed at a value or moderate resort I would bring my own because I don't like using shampoo/conditioner combos since my scalp tends to be on the oily side. When we stay at the deluxe I use what they have. They have the H2O product line and the shampoo/conditioner are separate. I have come to love the H2O products!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

My DH and stepson use the soap and shampoo/conditioner that's provided by the resort. My daughter and I have very sensitive skin so I bring our soap and shampoo/conditioner with us. Can't take the chance that either one of us will have a reaction to what they provide.

To correct a PP; Mod resort CSR has been using the seperate H2O products for a couple of years and I know that POR (at least the RGR) now have the seperate H2O shampoo and conditioner products. I also heard they started using the newer H2O seasalt products.

Do you use Disney resort shampoo and soap or do you bring your own? Trying to pack light and wondering if I should just use theirs and bring my own face soap and conditioner. Also, I forgot if they give conditioner?????

I usually bring my own shampoo, take disney shampoo home and never use it. The whole process takes up room I can use for other items in my suitcase.

Just wanted to take a little survey

Yep - we do the same thing you do!

I do not care for the h2o products at the resorts. I bring my own. I use a sulfite free shampoo and conditioner and amala lotions/facial cleansing/moisturizer.

My husband will use anything, including our pet shampoo, so he's perfectly content with the h2o stuff.

We do not bring home any of the Disney stuff.

I use the soap.

Any time I travel anywhere, I take "no tears" baby shampoo because, without a hand-held shower head, I know I am going to get shampoo in my eyes!:eek:

We use whatever is provided.
We just don't want to drag our own stuff halfway around the world! Plus it's a good way of trying out different brands if you are staying in a lot of different places :)

I only bring a special lotion for my feet.

We drive so we tend to bring our own shampoo and all. We may or may not use their soap. I like bringing the Disney stuff home to spread out the magic a little longer.

I bring our own stuff.

Shampoo
Conditioner
1 bar soap (usually dove or olay so it's suitable for face & body)
Tear free shampoo/wash combo (for dd4).

I double bag it all together in gallon size zip locks. Use the soap for our time there and throw out the remnants before we leave, the rest will come back home with us. It really doesn't take all that much room in my suitcase, and I hate to not have *my* stuff with me!

We use the Disney provided soap at the sink and in the shower, we use our own shampoo and conditioner. We use to bring the Disney provided shampoo, conditioner, and unopened soaps; but as a PP wrote we never used them. They collected and collected and collected, so we stopped taking it home.

MinnesotaMouseketeers said:
We use the Disney provided soap at the sink and in the shower, we use our own shampoo and conditioner. We use to bring the Disney provided shampoo, conditioner, and unopened soaps; but as a PP wrote we never used them. They collected and collected and collected, so we stopped taking it home.

If they start to pile up, we donate them to the local women's shelter-- Spread the magic to folks who could use some pixie dust!

We drive so we tend to bring our own shampoo and all. We may or may not use their soap. I like bringing the Disney stuff home to spread out the magic a little longer.

Me, too. When I am there I am surrounded by Disney magic so I don't need really need their shampoo/conditioner and soap. Although, some bottles do get opened and used while there. I try to scoop up as many as I can before my children use them and save them for home. I use them for when I run out at home, or for small getaway trips.

Recently, when I took my DD18 to her first year at college, I threw a few in a bag and then in her room (she shares a bathroom with one other person), I put out the bottles and the soap just like at Disney, but I did not know how to make a towel animal :confused3

I have fallen in love with the H2O products also.

Also, our one stay at AKL concierge, in addition to shampoo/conditioner/lotion, we also received a bottle of sunburn lotion/cream. You know the kind you refrigerate and then use to take the sting out of sunburn, but that was the only place. And I remember taking the bottles home, but then later on, when I really needed it for one of my children, I could not find it, so now I sometimes wonder if I only imagined the Mickey Magical Sunburn cream.

I bring my own b/c i dont want to find out if im going to have a bad reaction to it

I bring my soap and shampoo/conditioner. I use Finesse, it's the brand I like. Besides, those tiny little bottles will not last between me and the children in a day! We would need 2 bottles of shampoos and 4 bottles of conditioner which I know they will not provide per day. So bringing my own is a must.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter