Surprising the kids

Pixieflip

Are we there yet?
I know it comes up all the time, but I just scored a fun way to surprise my DD12 for her upcoming surprise 13th birthday trip. On the Disney shopping website, they have the plush Mickey and Minnie with the personalized postcard in their hands... and it's on sale for $9.95 (regularly $19.95) plus $3.95 for personalization.

I ordered one that says, "Happy Disney World B-day, Tara!" Can't wait to unveil it to her in May!!!

You could also do the "We're going to Disney World!" or "Land!"

Plus, today there is free shipping with the code LUCKY.

Happy planning...any other new ways you're surprising the kids?

I know it comes up all the time, but I just scored a fun way to surprise my DD12 for her upcoming surprise 13th birthday trip. On the Disney shopping website, they have the plush Mickey and Minnie with the personalized postcard in their hands... and it's on sale for $9.95 (regularly $19.95) plus $3.95 for personalization.

I ordered one that says, "Happy Disney World B-day, Tara!" Can't wait to unveil it to her in May!!!

You could also do the "We're going to Disney World!" or "Land!"

Plus, today there is free shipping with the code LUCKY.

Happy planning...any other new ways you're surprising the kids?

Thank you!

I am also surpising my 12 year old with a trip for her 13th birthday!

We did this in November for our DD. We got her up in the morning the same as she does every day for school and after eating breakfast she went up to her bathroom to get ready and we had a poem written on the mirro with a hangman puzzle for her to solve. We left for the airport as soon as she finished getting ready. She was totally shocked and cried. It was not the jumping up and down and screaming we expected (you would think we know better by now), but we had the best vacation ever! It was truly worth every penny.

We did end up changing some of our dining reservations after we told her, since she was not in on the planning, that was probably the only drawback.

Thank you!

I am also surpising my 12 year old with a trip for her 13th birthday!

We're going May 14 to 18. Is that before you??

What other surprises do you have planned? I have two t-shirts planned for her/us. And I have some cute custom invites for the flight, resort and dining ADR's. I also have a scrapbook to give her and one new movie for the plane ride. I have the Mickey head balloon to float out of the gift bag (I've done the box thing twice, so need something different) with the "You're Invited" envelope on the ribbon. After that, I think I'll tie the Mickey plush to the end of the ribbon. Might even leave out the envelope this time. Mickey might be enough!

Still brainstorming, so if you have any wonderful ideas, send them my way!

We're going May 14 to 18. Is that before you??

What other surprises do you have planned? I have two t-shirts planned for her/us. And I have some cute custom invites for the flight, resort and dining ADR's. I also have a scrapbook to give her and one new movie for the plane ride. I have the Mickey head balloon to float out of the gift bag (I've done the box thing twice, so need something different) with the "You're Invited" envelope on the ribbon. After that, I think I'll tie the Mickey plush to the end of the ribbon. Might even leave out the envelope this time. Mickey might be enough!

Still brainstorming, so if you have any wonderful ideas, send them my way!

I have no decided much yet. I did order the plush today. Of course I had just placed an order yesterday (figures!) which included the Mickey Ears.

I would like to involve her little brother in the telling of the surprise. So I'm not sure if I am going to make him a shirt yet, I also ordered him the 2011 Park Onsie yesterday.

We are just missing you! We arrive on the 25th staying till the 3rd. We leave on a Weds so right now the plan is to either tell her the saturday before or I am going to tell her now that we are going somewhere else to visits friends. The pro's to that is she will have plenty of time to pack her own things and make sure she has all her school work. But then I was thinking when we got to the airport I could tell her where we are really going, but after changing my flights today that will be 5:30am and I'm not sure it will have the same effect it would as telling her a few days before when she is awake and aware.

I am hoping to surprise my DD8 at the end of May. My DH and DS always go on a camping trip Memorial Day weekend, so I thought it was time that DD and I had our own trip. I plan to have the car packed and ready when she gets home from school and tell her we need to go somewheres. When we are on the interstate and she figures out it is more than an errand, I will tell her we are going on a surprise trip. I am hoping with her DVD player and Ipod I can keep her distracted as we cross the state lines. I am hoping she doesn't realize what state we are in. My plan is to not tell her until the next morning at breakfast if possible.

I haven't decided whether to have her a new "I'm going to Disney World" shirt or give her a note to read at breakfast. decisions, decisions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!