• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprising our girls with MVMCP, Wishes dessert party & free dining 11/14-21 at Pop!

WOO HOO!!!!

I love that feeling. :goodvibes

SUCH a relief! All that anxiety until the moment of truth.

Great updates!!

Congrats on having the trip paid...now you can start thinking about your NEXT one! :lmao:

You have some great purchases! I didn't realize they starting making the Happy Monster Band stuffed animals. They are great!

T-shirts are cool!

That Florida book looks like it could be really helpful and fun to help pass the time.

My husband is getting as bad as I am, so he'd probably be on board with that!

I'd never seen the Happy Monster Band guys before; they're the perfect, hugable size and the girls will LOVE them!

So stoked you are paid up!! Must make you feel light and airy!

Do hope, Dearie, you'll take loads of pictures for us at the dessert party; that sounds marvie!

Jose and I finally figured out where to spend our final few TS credits, and you won't believe what he picked. He got online, researched the restaurants and found one he insists we take the girls to this trip. I thought he'd want something for himself, but he surprised me completely when he picked...

Akershus! I was completely shocked that the Princess dining was even on his radar, but he's suddenly so excited to see the girls in a room full of princesses!

And you know what this means, right?

I get to buy dresses for the girls! :thumbsup2 Their old ones are looking worse for the wear... time to upgrade to new ones! Woohoo!

So the new itinerary looks like this:

Nov. 14: Drive to FL. Check in at Pop Century.

Nov. 15: Go to the pool and Downtown Disney.. Garden View Lounge for afternoon tea. Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express (?)

Nov. 16: Epcot. Lunch at Le Cellier. Jose and I, dinner at California Grill.

Nov. 17: Magic Kingdom. Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. Dinner at 'Ohana.

Nov. 18: Epcot. Lunch at Akershus. Dinner at Biergarten.

Nov. 19: Animal Kingdom. Lunch at Tusker House. Wishes Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Nov. 20: Magic Kingdom. Dinner at The Wave.

Nov. 21: Check out of Pop Century. Possibly visit Epcot. Begin leisurely drive home.

Nov. 22: Finish driving home.

I can't believe how quickly this trip is coming up. Not being able to count down with the kids is taking all the air out of my tires! It's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue and not slip up. ACK!

So stoked you are paid up!! Must make you feel light and airy!

Do hope, Dearie, you'll take loads of pictures for us at the dessert party; that sounds marvie!

Oh I think a lack of pictures is something you never have to worry about on my trip report... :rotfl:

OMG-you have another trip coming up...IN NOVEMBER...how did I miss that?

Well Congrats...

sorry about the flu...:sick:....:sad2:...glad everyone's healthy now...

Good for you -ressies at Cal Grill for your anniversary...very nice...

popcorn::

That's too funny bc I was going to recommend Akershus! We had a very delightful time -- we went for dinner and I know some people don't like this food so go for breakfast instead.

However, it wasn't the food, but the atmosphere -- dining in a 'castle', having like 5-6 princesses and of course having our daughter dress up in crown and gown (we got ours from ToysRUs for $20 total).

Well done for keeping the secret so far, I bet it will be worth it when you finally get to tell the girls :goodvibes Do you know how you're going to do it yet? :wizard: Yay for being all paid up too, it certainly makes it all seem that bit more real :banana:
Akershus is awesome! Me and Steve loved it... He went to placate me at first but he loved the food and the princesses were all so sweet and definitely not fazed by the lack of kids in our group. Mulan in particular was absolutely spot on... I swear she must have just jumped out of the movie!! princess:

OMG-you have another trip coming up...IN NOVEMBER...how did I miss that?

Well Congrats...

sorry about the flu...:sick:....:sad2:...glad everyone's healthy now...

Good for you -ressies at Cal Grill for your anniversary...very nice...

popcorn::

Thank you! And yeah, I'm not sorry to see the flu go. A couple of the kids still have some respiratory stuff lingering but for the most part, all is well. :thumbsup2

And we cannot wait for Cali Grill!

That's too funny bc I was going to recommend Akershus! We had a very delightful time -- we went for dinner and I know some people don't like this food so go for breakfast instead.

However, it wasn't the food, but the atmosphere -- dining in a 'castle', having like 5-6 princesses and of course having our daughter dress up in crown and gown (we got ours from ToysRUs for $20 total).

Oh we're all about the food at Akershus; it's very similar to the Russian food I grew up with, and my husband is THE most adventurous eater I've ever known. It should be fantastic! I'm thinking about letting the girls pick their dresses at Disney World. I know it's more expensive but Stasia is REALLY not into dressing up, whereas Lexi very much is. I figure if I let Stasia pick something herself she might be more attached to it. Of course I can't let them pick dresses before we go since they don't know we're going, and I don't want to pick one for Lexi only to find out that's what Stasia wants... I like dressing them alike but maybe not as matching princesses! ;)

Well done for keeping the secret so far, I bet it will be worth it when you finally get to tell the girls :goodvibes Do you know how you're going to do it yet? :wizard: Yay for being all paid up too, it certainly makes it all seem that bit more real :banana:
Akershus is awesome! Me and Steve loved it... He went to placate me at first but he loved the food and the princesses were all so sweet and definitely not fazed by the lack of kids in our group. Mulan in particular was absolutely spot on... I swear she must have just jumped out of the movie!! princess:

We're still hashing out the ideas for how to surprise the girls, but the most popular one is to create a DVD for them with us springing the surprise. We thought we'd stop at one of the rest stops in Florida on our way down, and I'll take the laptop out onto a picnic table or something and put it in. That way we can videotape their reactions without them being suspicious. But who knows what we'll come up with between now and then!

Good pick on the Akershus! We really enjoyed my daughter's 15th birthday here. Although, we felt the interaction was rather rushed! But we adore the Norwegian food, and that's what was the draw for us. The atmosphere is gorgeous- I know you'll love it!

Wow, all of your ADRs look great, I can't wait to be making mine :banana: Congrats on Akershus, that one looks great. It's on my maybe list right now. I can't wait to see how it goes for you guys, your girls will love all of the Princesses, i'm sure.

I would be ready to burst too if I was keeping our trip a surprise, you are very strong. I would not have made it this far. I'm too excited. Sometimes my girls have to calm me down.

I'm still trying to get caught up but I wanted to say GREAT dining choices.. the tea time will be much fun. Also YAY for being paid in full. There is only one feeling that compares to booking a wdw trip- when you finally make your last payment! hehe Then it truly feels like its happening!

Nov. 16: Epcot.
Nov. 17: Magic Kingdom.
Nov. 19: Animal Kingdom.

We have the same parks planned for these days!

I can't believe you haven't told the girls yet. Although, DD knows we're going, but she thinks we're staying at CBR (I moved us to AKL) and she only knows we're eating at Chef Mickeys. The rest she'll find out along the way!

I could have sworn I replied to these earlier... how bizarre!

Good pick on the Akershus! We really enjoyed my daughter's 15th birthday here. Although, we felt the interaction was rather rushed! But we adore the Norwegian food, and that's what was the draw for us. The atmosphere is gorgeous- I know you'll love it!

I tell you, I won't mind the rushing so much; Stasia does NOT want to be touched by characters! The faster they come by and let Tatiana and Lexi see them before moving on, the better. :rotfl: Just say no to toddler meltdowns! ;)

Wow, all of your ADRs look great, I can't wait to be making mine :banana: Congrats on Akershus, that one looks great. It's on my maybe list right now. I can't wait to see how it goes for you guys, your girls will love all of the Princesses, i'm sure.

I would be ready to burst too if I was keeping our trip a surprise, you are very strong. I would not have made it this far. I'm too excited. Sometimes my girls have to calm me down.

Thank you! It is getting REALLY difficult to keep this a secret. I would be so bummed if I let it slip though. Must. Keep. Strong. :laughing:

I'm still trying to get caught up but I wanted to say GREAT dining choices.. the tea time will be much fun. Also YAY for being paid in full. There is only one feeling that compares to booking a wdw trip- when you finally make your last payment! hehe Then it truly feels like its happening!

Hi again, Jen! I'm dying to see the girls at tea time. We have tea here at home, but it will be another experience for them altogether at Grand Floridian

We have the same parks planned for these days!

I can't believe you haven't told the girls yet. Although, DD knows we're going, but she thinks we're staying at CBR (I moved us to AKL) and she only knows we're eating at Chef Mickeys. The rest she'll find out along the way!

Are you planning on making it for rope drop? It would be awesome if we can 'accidentally' run into one another! I'd wager your daughter is going to flip her lid when she finds out about AKL!

We always plan for rope drop. We just don't always get up, moving and out the door in time to actually make it for rope drop! :rotfl:

I tell you, I won't mind the rushing so much; Stasia does NOT want to be touched by characters! The faster they come by and let Tatiana and Lexi see them before moving on, the better. :rotfl: Just say no to toddler meltdowns! ;)

Amen, amen, amen to that sista!

So we're knee deep in that awkward time of planning where we've made our plans, booked our reservations and are simply waiting for the time to come. So what do I do to fill the time?

SHOP! :thumbsup2

First, more Disney Couture to oogle at.

3956744587_d9133918d7_b.jpg

It's a treasure chest ring inspired by Peter Pan! How do I love thee, let me count the ways...

3957523656_33f50749ce_b.jpg

And it opens to reveal jewels...

3957523310_74b2a6e1db_b.jpg

inside it has an X and says, "Tink was here"!

3956744749_21b8024d14_b.jpg

CUTE, right? I heart it.

I picked up some goodies while I was wandering around Michael's craft store as well.

A note pad for Tatiana; heaven knows she's going to need all the entertainment she can get on that long car trip!

3956745633_af61bfccdb_b.jpg

And of course I had to get similar notepads for the little girls; whatever their sister has, they want!

3957524924_9b7f2ebba5_b.jpg

And pens, but of course.

3957525520_63dd0878e1_b.jpg

I got these for Tatiana as well; whether she uses them on the trip or not I don't know, but I couldn't pass them up.

3957525200_85dd765bf3_b.jpg

The obligatory glow bracelets. These will be a must have for our MVMCP for sure.

3957524596_04e1e45903_b.jpg

And the first of the Christmas knicknacks are showing up in the stores! We're still talking about making gift bags/boxes/stockings for the kids and these things could come in very handy!

3956745881_6e83800236_b.jpg

We looked at the options the Disney Florists had for in-room celebrations, but they only have the same thing we did in January. Been there, done that. I wish they had a seasonal version, at the very least. Nonetheless I think we'll just bring some things with us and I'll let Jose take the girls to the pool or something one day while I bring out some version of an in room surprise of our own. We'll be at Downtown Disney our first day down there which will give me an opportunity to scout out Disney World themed gifties. :thumbsup2

I'm loving this pre-trip Report!!! Your girls are going to be sooo excited when you finally reveal your destination!:thumbsup2 I loved the outfits that you purchased for the little girls and your long necklace is pretty cool.:) I can't wait to see what princess dresses you choose for the girls to wear to the princess breakfast! Will your older daughter get dressed up or at least wear a princess crown? This trip is going to be so much fun for your family. I'm sorry your DS won't be going on the trip. It's always hard when one of your kids decide that they don't want to go on a family vacation with you. It happens eventually to everyone. Hurry back with more plans.;)

I'm loving this pre-trip Report!!! Your girls are going to be sooo excited when you finally reveal your destination!:thumbsup2 I loved the outfits that you purchased for the little girls and your long necklance is pretty cool.:) I can't wait to see what princess dresses you choose for the girls to wear to the princess breakfast! Will your older daughter get dressed up or at least wear a princess crown? This trip is going to be so much fun for your family. I'm sorry your DS won't be going on the trip. It's always hard when one of your kids decide that they don't want to go on a family vacation with you. It happens eventually to everyone. Hurry back with more plans.;)

Thank you so much! I doubt Tatiana will get dressed up at all; she'll probably wear a t-shirt or something but that's about the extent of her dress up desires. At almost eleven years old she's kind of past it. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter