Surprising our girls with MVMCP, Wishes dessert party & free dining 11/14-21 at Pop!

I think that's so sweet you guys enjoy talking about the upcoming trip to gether! I long for a DH that "gets it" and would even THINK about going to WDW! Mine would rather go camping and sit in a camp chair by a fire. :confused3

I'm just as surprised, believe me. When I first started bringing up the idea of a family Disney trip he was SO not on board. He'd never stepped foot in a Disney park before. After some not so subtle convincing he got on board, but it wasn't until we were knee-deep into our first trip this January that he got it. Now he loves it ALMOST as much as me!

Oh shut up! (In the nicest way possible...) :rotfl: I would LOVE to meet up with you while we're there, especially with our being at the party on the same day! Let's definitely make plans to 'accidentally' run into each other. ;) We're going to be much more relaxed about where we'll go and what we'll do. The days I chose to go to the parks are based on Tourguide Mike's recommendations... he didn't steer me wrong in Jan/Feb so I'm just trying to avoid crowds as much as humanly possible... everything else is fair game. ;)

Happy birthday to your daughter!

Are you going to write a PTR/TR?

Had a busy few days with the birthday and all, so I'm just getting back to you now. I won't be doing a PTR because there's really not that much to report--
We have an outline of what parks we want to do on what days & ADR's, but since DD will be 14 months old a the time the whole family has decided that we will go at her pace and if plans change, they change. We're just going to go with the flow--probably get up for morning EMH since DD is up early anyway, do some touring, go back to the resort for afternoon nap/swim (hopefully the weather cooperates!). Most of our dinners are 6:30-7ish so then we'll do a few things after dinner too.
We got a great deal due to the fact that my Dad is retired military, and we know we'll be back now that we have a little one--so I'm not trying to cram everything in one trip. We have our must-do's at each park and our ADR's and MVMCP so everything else is just icing on the cake. We're just looking forward to being together as a family and celebrating my Mom's birthday with her. I'm not going to be a commando this trip. When we were kids we always went the week before Thanksgiving and the crowds were very low. so hopefully it will be the same.
I will do a report of CSR for my fellow CSR friends on the thread, but not sure if I'll do a full blown TR yet. I'll see.

SOOO thrilled for you that you got into Pop! :yay: I stayed there my last trip with my cousin and her then-4 year old daughter and I enjoyed it a lot. So did the 4 year old! I think your family will enjoy it too.

Thank you!

I went all commando on our last trip; this time around I'm looking forward to going with the flow. The only real plans we have revolve around Tour Guide Mike's recommendations, our MVMCP and of course our ADR's. We only had ONE table service meal on our ten day trip in January... I'm thrilled to have at least one a day this time around! (One can only stand in line for their food so often before you're longing for a seat and a menu!)

So I mentioned I'd made my first Disneyshopping.com purchase for the trip to come... I'll tell you, I was kind of saddened to know I wouldn't have months and months ahead of me to hide away gifts for the girls... I'll just have to make the next month and a half work really really REALLY hard to be up to my shopping standards. ;)

So here's a purchase that's more necessity than anything else. Anastasia has outgrown her swim suits in the last month or so and would be needing a new one for this trip, undoubtedly. If we weren't going to Disney in November I'd skip it altogether, but I can't possibly take her near all those pools and not let her in... which leads us to:

3924496510_cf608aa6d2.jpg

Stasia's new Tinkerbell swim suit! It's way cute, what with the little ruffles on the sides and all. And the suits she's outgrown just happen to fit Lexi perfectly as she's one size behind her. Hurray for hand me downs!

The next purchases are for a very specific moment in our itinerary. They're two dresses, perfect for Stasia and Lexi to wear to, well... can you guess?

3923712057_bb245382b0_b.jpg

Oh yeah... I got the girls Disney Tiki dresses to wear to 'Ohana! :woohoo:

And because they're SO cute, I have some details of the material to show you.

3924496958_cb966f967d_b.jpg

3924498050_44bcd24943_b.jpg

3923713179_8ac513c362_b.jpg

3924499334_8eb441f078_b.jpg

3923714623_94ca66fca4_b.jpg

Jose has a Hawaiian style shirt he can wear to dinner, but I've got to see if I can find something for Tatiana and me... If not we'll see if we can't at least find something in the right color family. But I couldn't NOT get these dresses for the girls! :thumbsup2

I love the dresses!

Do you have a dollar tree near you? Our always has alot of disney stuff.

the Hawaiian clothes are super cute!

Thank you! I cannot wait to take pictures at the Poly in those dresses. :goodvibes

I love the dresses!

Do you have a dollar tree near you? Our always has alot of disney stuff.

Not near, per se... we have other dollar type stores but the last one I was in was kind of 'blah'! I'm counting on Christmas stuff coming out as soon as Halloween rolls nearer (or is past); with our trip falling just as Disney rolls out their holiday decor I'm going to try to bring on Christmas in November!

Oh gosh! Those are simply the cutest dresses! They are going to look so adorable in them at your dinner at O'hana!!! princess:princess:

So, not a commando trip, eh?? I love the fact that you'll get a sit-down meal each day. I think it's a really nice way to stay "in the touring groove", but have a little break, in AC. Will be nice to see your "non-commando" itinerary when you post it!

Oh gosh! Those are simply the cutest dresses! They are going to look so adorable in them at your dinner at O'hana!!! princess:princess:

So, not a commando trip, eh?? I love the fact that you'll get a sit-down meal each day. I think it's a really nice way to stay "in the touring groove", but have a little break, in AC. Will be nice to see your "non-commando" itinerary when you post it!

The only reason I've hesitated posting an itinerary as of yet is because we've contemplated park hoppers and that would change how we spend half of our day, most days... still, I think I'll post something soon (today?!) so you can at least see what we're working with!

Those Tiki dresses are too cute! If I ever have daughters i'll be dangerous when it comes to shopping, clothes are my weakness as it is :laughing:
We're using TGM for this trip, never have before so glad to hear his plans worked well for you :) Did you only visit parks on green days? Or some yellow?

Those Tiki dresses are too cute! If I ever have daughters i'll be dangerous when it comes to shopping, clothes are my weakness as it is :laughing:
We're using TGM for this trip, never have before so glad to hear his plans worked well for you :) Did you only visit parks on green days? Or some yellow?

I love shopping for the girls; it is TOO much fun! Especially with a trip on the horizon.

I did only visit parks on green days, but we were going at such a slow time of year I wonder if it could've made much of a difference anyway. I'm still planning on visiting only on green days, just to be safe! It always seems to work out well...

Love the Tiki dresses. So stinkin' cute. And what a cute Tinkerbell swimsuit! I am so living vicariously through your purchases. Well Jose be upset if I tell you SHOP WOMAN, SHOP!!!! :lmao:

Love the Tiki dresses. So stinkin' cute. And what a cute Tinkerbell swimsuit! I am so living vicariously through your purchases. Well Jose be upset if I tell you SHOP WOMAN, SHOP!!!! :lmao:

Well he may not like it but I'm ecstatic to fulfill your request! ;) I think we're paying off the trip in full this weekend which will mean I can actually focus on SHOPPING!

Now that the haziness of the flu is lifted from my brain, I have a chance to sit and look at our tentative itinerary for November. Here it is at a glance:

Nov. 14: Leave before dawn for the drive to FL. Surprise the girls once we reach the Florida border. Check in at Pop Century. Pass out.

Nov. 15: Sleep in. Enjoy the pool and Downtown Disney.. Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express.

Nov. 16: Epcot. Lunch at Le Cellier. Jose and I, dinner at California Grill.

Nov. 17: Magic Kingdom. Dinner at 'Ohana.

Nov. 18: Epcot. Dinner at Biergarten.

Nov. 19: Animal Kingdom. Lunch at Tusker House. Garden View Lounge for afternoon tea. Dinner during MVMCP at Tony’s Town Square.

Nov. 20: Magic Kingdom. Dinner at The Wave.

Nov. 21: Check out of Pop Century. Possibly visit Epcot. Begin leisurely drive home. Stop somewhere in Georgia (?).

Nov. 22: Finish driving home.

I'm comfortable enough with the itinerary itself, but I need to add another table service meal in there somewhere. We'll have just a couple of TS credits left over after the dinners shown reserved above and I can't let them go to waste! Any ideas? I keep trying to think of a must-see restaurant, but one's escaping my mind.

Any ideas?

What about adding a late breakfast on the 21st after you check out? Help keep the magic going?

Denise

Okay two thoughts on that... the first one is, can we still use dining credits and our KTTW cards after we've checked out? Then the second thought on that is, I'm not sure where we'll be that last day. It all depends on if we add another ticket or not so that kind of leaves the day wide open and difficult to schedule an ADR. But we'll have loads of counter credits to use so that's probably what we'll do. But we COULD add a breakfast on during the week somewhere...

What child care service will you use during your Cali Grill dinner? I'm just curious, DH and I have never tried one before. :goodvibes

What child care service will you use during your Cali Grill dinner? I'm just curious, DH and I have never tried one before. :goodvibes

Kids Nite Out seems to be the sitting service of choice, so I'm going with them. With Tatiana being 11 she's old enough to keep an eye on things for me, so it's kind of like I'm there with them, which is good. She can tell me everything that goes down!

Dudes and dudettes (are there any dudes out there?), I was perusing the dining board about an hour ago and saw that someone had successfully booked a Wishes Dessert Party for a MVMCP night! HOLY COW!

I immediately grabbed my phone and ran out of the room to call dining reservations. Remember I can't say anything in front of my kids, and of course I would find out as we're all sitting around watching tv tonight. So off I ran, and would you believe when the reservationist asked for my resort confirmation number I had actually memorized the darn thing? What does that tell us.

Anyway, I got a wonderful agent named Andrea who was fantastic and helpful and hooked me right up with a reservation for all of us the night of our MVMCP! She said the party itself would go on for about an hour before the fireworks, and my ressie is at 8:30 so I would assume that means fireworks are around 9 or so? I have no idea... nonetheless I am STOKED. My daughters are going to flip out at the sea of desserts and the prime viewing for the fireworks!

So now I'm really taking a look at my Nov. 19th itinerary. I'm thinking we either need to scratch Tony's altogether or make it an early reservation (it's at about 7), and I probably need to move our afternoon tea to another day as well.

Time to get out the eraser!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter