SURPRISING info on DOUG LIVE!

passjelly

Earning My Ears
According to a source look for the Doug show to be moving to Universal/Nickelodeon as they have bought the rights to all the characters and the show. Also look for Doug to leave One Saturday Morning. VERY SURPRISING I don't even think an attraction/character has ever left the mouse house for the globe down the street.

Thank Goodness! That was a bad show, IMHO.

~Brad~

and yet another empty show building :( -Cris

I love the Doug show! I even got picked to be a "Beet" once! Yes, time for a new show - but don't leave building empty!:jester:

Quite a few people really seem to dislike the Doug Live show.

I agree that it wasn't exactly wonderful, but my kids loved it. We all enjoy the Doug cartoon and I was disappointed in the Doug Live show. But we need to remember that some things will appeal more to the kids than to us adults and that is OK.

Huh??? Nick RE-acquired Doug???? That's interesting, hadn't heard that one yet.

Why would they do that, they just bought the rights to Doug a couple of years ago. Doesn't make since to me that they would sell it already???

That is really interesting considering that Disney bought the rights to it from Universal in late 1998? (Somone correct me if I am wrong).

That would be a major loss for Disney and ABC since it is one of the better watched shows on Saturday Monring Kids Shows.

:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

I find the rumor at the top of this thread very, very difficult to believe.

According to the rumor, "they ('Universal/Nickelodeon') have bought the rights to all the (Doug) characters and the show."

The Walt Disney Company acquired the Doug character in 1996 when it purchased Doug-creator Jim Jinkins' production company, Jumbo Pictures, Inc.

If recent a transaction had actually taken place in which Disney sold all "Doug" rights to Universal (which is owned by Vivendi) and/or Nickelodeon (which is owned by Viacom), the news would have been reported in the business press and we would have seen it.

And Disney doesn't strike me as the kind of company that would do anything that would make a competitor stronger.

Werner Weiss is right about "Doug" and Jumbo Pictures. For those that are uncertain about the shows beginnings, its roots started as one of the three original "Nicktoons" back in 1991 with "Rugrats" and "Ren and Stimpy". 65 episodes were created an aired on Nick. (They still are today). I can definitely tell that the Nick Doug and Disney Doug are different by the music and animation.

The only way I could find Doug in the hands of Universal as an attraction is the deal Nick and the Globe made not long ago. Universal aggreed to make two Nick-based attractions for its theme parks. A Nick-themed area reccently opened in Universal Hollywood this year. They also announced that they would build another attraction for Studios Florida next year. To be honest with you, I would not bet on Doug appearing at the Globe anytime soon. I predict that a Rugrats attraction may be built next year. Face it, the Rugrats are a billion dollar franchise worldwide and have more recoginziblity than Doug ever will. Who would go for Doug? Not me!

I always hated that show. Back in '91, I always wanted it to end because Rugrats was on after it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter