Surprised at Le Petite Cafe in Riviera

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Regarding the way they charged. I've seen plenty of people stop in for a pastry, so I finally did the same last week. Asked for a cupcake, I figured that like any Bakery, they'd charge me at the cash register. Not exactly-the cashier handed me a black folder (like at TS restaurants) with the bill inside and a suggested tip amount on it. Was it normal for me to be surprised? I could have gone downstairs to Primo Plato for a cupcake. By the way, I was the only one there.

Well you know the French love a good tip !

Is that supposed to intimidate the guest or just “ educate” us .

Did they place in a fancy French pastry box?

What time did you visit? During the morning and afternoon I have never had this happen, but in the evening when they turn over to a bar with alcoholic drinks, I experienced what you described. I think that has something to do with this.

Well you know the French love a good tip !

Is that supposed to intimidate the guest or just “ educate” us .

Did they place in a fancy French pastry box?

Actually he just handed me the cupcake, but when I asked for a plate, he gave me a paper plate, no different from any FF place.
And it was early evening, around 6:00.

I noticed that too, and now that I think about it may have been in the evening.

Love that almond cold brew!

I got a lavender iced tea lemonade there (yummy) in December in the afternoon and just paid at the register.

Tipping culture is getting absurd in this country.🙄🙄🙄🙄 When do teachers get thier tip each day? What about the firemen, where is their daily tip?
Nurses? Tip by bedside?

I agree that it's the time of day. We stopped in for coffee and a pastry one morning and were just charged like a normal QS place - no tip expected. But when we went down around 5 PM for coffee (no alcohol involved) we were handed the bill with a place to add the tip. Once it switches to the bar menu, they expect a tip regardless of what you order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter