Surprise WDW Trip Days 9 & 10

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lezah, Sep 9, 2002.

  1. Lezah

    Lezah <font color=9999CC>There is definitely something t

    Jun 13, 2000
    August 24 - We got up late today, dressed and drove into Kissimmee to go to the Super Walmart. We had run out of sunscreen and water and weren't going to pay the $12.00 and 2.50 each for them at the resort. We also wanted to finally eat at the Cracker Barrel for brunch/lunch as we don't have them in Canada. We got way cheaper gas here too (25 cents a gallon cheaper) than in Orlando. We got our sunscreen ($7.97 each), 2 cases of water at 2 for $5.00 and some snacks and muffins for breakfast. We then headed for lunch. We went back to the hotel and unpacked our goodies and then got on the bus for our PS for Fantasmic Dinner package for Mama Melrose. While on the bus, I checked our list of PS's and things to see. I noticed that tonight was the only Spectromagic scheduled for the time we're here. We quickly decided to cancel MM and go to the MK insteak for SM instead. We got off the bus at MGM and got on the TTC bus. We took the monorail to MK and went to townhall to cancel our PS and move it to Wednesday instead. When we were leaving, the barbershop quartet were giving a show so we sat down to enjoy them. We then caught the flag retreat for the first time ever. Then we headed to Fantasyland to try and go on Winnie the Pool. There was a 50 min wait and the FP return time would run into us getting our spot for SM. We got out of line and headed for the Tomorrowland Speedway to see what the wait was there. It was only 30 minutes so Jordan and Rob decided to wait. I headed up to the grandstand to snap a picture. This was their first time on this one and they really enjoyed it. When they were done, the villains were doing a character meet and Jordan got pics and autographs from the Queen of Hearts, Jafar, Governor Ratcliffe and Prince John. Jordan and I then did Mad Tea Party (Rob gets sick on spinning rides). We than headed over to It's a Small World where Jordan and I rode it alone again. Rob can't or the song is in his head for days. We got a place for SM in front of the Hall of Presidents and waited for the parade to start. This was our first time for this parade and we weren't disappointed. It was awesome. We than headed to the bridge from Liberty Square to the hub where we caught a bench to watch FIS fireworks. Our view was slightly obscured by tree, but at least were sitting. We even saw Tink starting it off. This was another first for us and it was really great too. We waited on the benches for about 40 minutes to let the crowd thin a bit so that we could take some pictures of the lights on main street and the castle. It was simply beautiful. Jordan and I stopped for a bathroom break on the way to the buses and when we came out we couldn't see Rob anywhere. I called him on the 2 way and he didn't answer. Then Jordan spotted him over by the laggon videotaping the Electrical Water Pageant passing by the MK. This was yet another first for us. 3 spectacular shows in one night. We couldn't believe our luck. It was the perfect end to a great night. We caught the bus back to the resort, had a snack and then off to bed.

    August 25 - We slept in this AM had a muffin and went off to the pool. We had a PS for Whispering Canyon for 1:30 pm. We swam all morning and then showered and dressed for WCC. We drove to WL (we were late so we couldn't take the bus) and checked in. WL was spectacular and after lunch we explored and video taped the lodge. We then drove to DD because we'd promised Jordan that we'd go back when Dad could come with us. We parked at PI and walked towards DQ. We stopped in some of the stores on the way. The Virgin Megastore is something else, but I thought if anywhere, I could find some Donny Osmond CD's there, but they had none at all, just the listings for them. We all loved the listening stations. We then went in to DQ and spent a few hours in there. We stopped in the cafe for a snack. We bought our creation from the Animation lesson. We then left DQ and went through PI to the Marketplace. I wanted to check out the marketplace so we only gave a cursory glance to PI, but what we saw looked like a ton of fun. Jordan wants to go back to dance, someday maybe, next year maybe. I could have spent a fortune at any one of the stores at MP. I will be back here just as soon as I win the lottery. The Christmas store was awesome. I would have loved to spend all day in the stores there. We were all exhausted by then. Rob sent Jordan and I back to the resort by bus and he hiked back to the car. I don't understand how it's possible the our feet are more sore from today, without any parks at all and only DD than they have been yet. Jordan and I stopped at the store that sells the photo albums and scrapbooking stuff. We picked out a couple that we really liked and we'll have to bring Rob back to check out which one he likes. We caught a bus and raced the rain back to the resort. It was thunder and lightening out by then. We arrived at the resort and went into Maestro Mickey's to buy Jordan the medium sized Pooh bear that I'd promised to buy him tonight if he was good (It was only $18). I made one last pin trade for the night with the CM checking out. We met Rob goig down the hall as we were coming up it. He was coming to meet us with the mugs and the umbrella at the buses in case it was raining. Isn't he a sweetheart. Off to bed after a quick drink and snack. We're exhausted, but I think maybe our week has caught up with us.
  2. jennymouse

    jennymouse <a href=""targe

    Mar 9, 2001
    You're doing better than me, I usually hit the wall around day three and need a rest.LOL I hope to get to visit WL during our trip too as I've never seen it! Thanks again!
  3. yepod

    yepod DIS Veteran

    Aug 18, 2001
    Sounds like a very nice time @ the MK!

    It IS A LONG walk from DD West side to DD Marketplace!

    Thanks for sharing!

Share This Page