Surprise one night stay at AKL savannah view!

mommy2paris

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share my happy news!!

We are visiting the world in December, and staying offsite at Windsor Hills.
We have always wanted to stay onsite at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but deluxe is just not anywhere in our budget!

However, as a surprise, I have booked an additional one night stay, added to the end of our trip, at AKL, club level with savannah view!!!

I am so excited. I will keep it a secret, and I have written a "poem" to surprise the family with, on the morning they think we are heading home.
I plan on spending all day saturday and sunday at the resort, and taking a late flight home, instead of heading home early saturday morning!!

Here is my little poem... I am hoping someone on the DISigns board can turn it into a cool letter for me!!

Dear Somers Family,

I hope you enjoyed celebrating the holidays in Disney!

You've worked hard all year and the girls have been good.
Everyone had a great time, and I knew that you would!

Eight days of fun, But now it is done.

Turn your frown upside down, and
Don't be sad that your trip is through!

I have a special surprise for you!

Grab your bags and head to the car,
there is still one last thing to Do!
You're going to Animal Kingdom Lodge,
A Club Level Room, with a Savannah View!

Merry Christmas!
Love,
Mickey Mouse

Do you think they will like it?

Oh my gosh, yes!!!!!

I have been thinking about doing something similar, but am going to wait and see until MUCH closer to the trip. We are driving, so we have some flexibility. How fun!

I love the note...I'm so happy for you that you were able to make it happen! Sometimes, I think it's even more special when you just get one night to make something like that happen.

We were given a night in the AKL for our anniversary last month. It was before ds's came down. It was lovely.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! I get so excited just thinking about it!!

I could never afford to stay longer than 1 night, and we spend so much time away from the resort on a regular day, that I don't know it would be worth it, even if I could afford it!

But, I am planning on spending all day saturday and part of sunday just hanging out at the hotel, and taking everything in!

Thanks again!

I have a question...how long did you wait to book that? If I wait a while...to make sure we have the budget for that kind of surprise, will it be too late to get a savannah view? Not to hijack the thread...you just made me think about it!

I actually just made the reservation yesterday, but did have some difficulty.
I wanted regular savannah view room, but there was none available, so I had to go up to Club Level w/Concierge in order to get savannah view, and it was about $45 more I think. And the sunrise safari that I wanted to take is already booked up with a wait list, so I gave up on that!

Hope this helps!! Good luck with your reservation!!

MY sister booked mine through DVC. She was on the wait list to get the Savannah view. When we opened our curtains there was a giraffe and a long horned cattle outside our room.

I would love to do something similar. May I ask what that one night costs?

I would love to do something similar. May I ask what that one night costs?

Depends on when you are going...look at waltdisneyworld.com and plug in your dates. That will give you an idea.

I think for when I want to go, it was 360 a night, but that's not the club level. That was just a savannah view with a king bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter