Surgery on Monday

Katekins13

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone... The disboards have helped me out in so many disney related ways, that when I didnt know where else to turn - I figured this was the right place.

Monday I am having the scariest surgery of my life - removal of a brain tumor. I am only 31 and I am married with a 7 month old daughter. I am so scared of not waking up and never seeing my family again - but I know that the sooner I have the surgery the better. Earlier this month we took a two week land/sea vacation at disney and I made sure to take pictures of everything! In fact, in order to keep my mind off of the surgery I've begun planning a vacation next year for my entire family (parents, siblings and their families). Believe it or not - it has really helped. Now two days before the surgery I just can't my mind straight... I don't know what I'm looking for from this...maybe just some good vibes...

:hug: So sorry you have to go through this. We all handle things differently and in our own way. Its only natural to have so many thoughts racing through your mind.

I had 2 tumors out during my cancer surgery (thy ca). I already knew what I might be facing ahead. the dr. told me I might not be able to speak again. So I sat quietly while crying and wrote a letter to each of my adult sons and my dh. I had a really rough recovery and my dh held my hand while I was in a coma for 2 days.

Before that we also had a disney trip with youngest ds. I treasured every moment of that trip.

Make sure you have lots of help for when you get home from the hospital. I am sure you have a lot of family support so that is so good. My family has passed away and we are blessed to have an amazing church family. They constantly made us meals and that was such a blessing. 3 hungry boys and a hungry dh.

Its good to have another disney trip to look forward too. It got me through the other 4 operations and radiation, drs visits etc. Just dh and i went back and he hugged me and said you are finally here again as we looked at the castle. He said, you made it! That said it all and that picture is one we always cherish.

Take it one day at a time and dont push yourself during your recovery Your body will have been through an ordeal.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Hang in there sweetie!

Are you from NJ? I am one too, but now am living in NY.

I am sending, hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way. I have never been through what you are going through but one of my friends has. Meeting with his pastor before surgery really helped to ease his mind and calm his soul. I am happy to say he came through and is doing very well. I will pray for the same outcome for you.

luvmarypoppins said:
:hug: So sorry you have to go through this. We all handle things differently and in our own way. Its only natural to have so many thoughts racing through your mind.

I had 2 tumors out during my cancer surgery (thy ca). I already knew what I might be facing ahead. the dr. told me I might not be able to speak again. So I sat quietly while crying and wrote a letter to each of my adult sons and my dh. I had a really rough recovery and my dh held my hand while I was in a coma for 2 days.

Before that we also had a disney trip with youngest ds. I treasured every moment of that trip.

Make sure you have lots of help for when you get home from the hospital. I am sure you have a lot of family support so that is so good. My family has passed away and we are blessed to have an amazing church family. They constantly made us meals and that was such a blessing. 3 hungry boys and a hungry dh.

Its good to have another disney trip to look forward too. It got me through the other 4 operations and radiation, drs visits etc. Just dh and i went back and he hugged me and said you are finally here again as we looked at the castle. He said, you made it! That said it all and that picture is one we always cherish.

Take it one day at a time and dont push yourself during your recovery Your body will have been through an ordeal.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Hang in there sweetie!

Are you from NJ? I am one too, but now am living in NY.

Thank you - thankfully I have a wonderful family who will make sure everything is taken care - esp bc I'm out of work for three months.

Yes I'm in NJ, currently down by LBI. I'm actually having the surgery in NYC at NYU.

Mrs. Ciz said:
I am sending, hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way. I have never been through what you are going through but one of my friends has. Meeting with his pastor before surgery really helped to ease his mind and calm his soul. I am happy to say he came through and is doing very well. I will pray for the same outcome for you.

Thank you so much!

Sending prayers out to you also! Ugh it just sucks....obviously no one deserves or should be sick in a perfect world but you are so young :( I pray all goes well and a speedy recovery and prayers for your family too.

Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery! Come back when you are feeling better and give us an update!

I can understand your fear completely.. I have had a few brain surgeries..

You are in constant thoughts and prayers...:hug:

I was like yourself. I didn't sleep or even hold a straight thought a few days leading up...

Please update us when it is possible for you.
Wishing you a speedy recovery without any complications..
XO

Thank you everybody. Just reading everybody's kind words helps. Twelve hours until I need to be at the hospital and I doubt ill sleep at all but I'm going to spend the night with my family and enjoy every moment!

Thank you everybody. Just reading everybody's kind words helps. Twelve hours until I need to be at the hospital and I doubt ill sleep at all but I'm going to spend the night with my family and enjoy every moment!

:grouphug:

I wish you all the best as you face this challenge. May lots of love (and luck) sustain you in your recovery. :grouphug:

Aww, that is so scary with such a little one. :hug: One of the overwhelming fears I had during my whole cancer experience was my kids possibly losing me. It's very common for those with kids going through this type of thing. Keeping you in my prayers for a quick and uncomplicated surgery.

Thanks again everyone -it's greatly appreciated.

I'm on my way - hope to post again soon!

Praying for a great outcome and that your recovery will be even faster. :hug:

I didn't see this thread until now. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

I totally get what you are going through. I had my gallbladder out when my kids were young and I had such anxiety as well. I also didn't sleep at all for a few days leading up to wisdom teeth surgery. The unknown is so scary. I hate the thought of someone else being in control of my body.

I hope you have a smooth recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!