Surf's up!

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
Our daughters (both college age) want to take beginners surf lessons. Who have you used and what did you think? Pros and cons of surfing North Shore vs. Waikiki Beach. We'll be there mid December.

North Shore in December will not be for beginners at all. That is prime surfing competition big waves time. Waikiki is the place for surf lessons.

:scared::scared1: This is VERY, VERY true!!!! If you were not there in winter, you would have more options. I've seen the surf so bad on North Shore even the pro's weren't out there!

you do not need to go to the north shore, they have lessons in Kapolei. Waikiki would be cheaper but more crowded. Do not know any names but fire surf for years would pick you up in Waikiki and take you to the Aulani area to avoid crowds

I second Waikiki beach. There are numerous surf instructors along Waikiki beach; I know of two who are posted right outside Hilton Hawaiian Village right by Rainbow Lagoon. I always see them with numerous students!

We used Hawaiian Oceans surf school on Waikiki Beach, right behind the Duke statue. They were very nice, had both my kids up in like 15 minutes, and got great pics.

We used Big Dave Wave Surf on Waikiki. Kids had a great time. Me? Not so much lol...but then again I'm clumsy. Check out Groupon for deals.

We used faith surf school on waikiki outside the outrigger waikiki beach hotel. Friendly instructors and I even got a tow back to shore from ours because my little arms were knackered and I wasn't making much forward movement :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter