Surfing in St. Martin

TJ_from_Nashville

DisneyRookEase
This may be a long shot, but has anyone ever been surfing on their day in St. Martin? We are doing the Eastern in January 2007 - the waves should be pretty good that time of year. Searching on the web it looks like there are a couple places that rent boards but I am wondering if I can convince someone to pick me up at the boat, drop me off at a beach with a board and then pick me up four hours later. The web says Guana Bay and Mullet Bay have good waves, but they are on opposite sides of the island, so it would be nice if someone would take me to where the waves are breaking that day. I am a beginner surfer, but have gone several times in California and had a blast, so thought I might be able to sneak in some surfing on my cruise.

I did some snooping around and got this response from a surf shop in St. Martin. Posting it here in case someone is looking for an original excursion idea:

we do surf lessons for $50 per half day, including board rental, an instructor could meet you at the cruise ship peir. as far as the location goes it will just depend on the swell direction, you would be real lucky to get mullet bay it is a great wave!! let me know if you would like to book a trip i can arrange everything for you, if you have a group it might be worth while to book a boat to cruise the island and check a few different spots.

cheers

jeff ward
599 581 70 82
jeffward - soulseekersurf

I plan to do this on the Jan 20th Magic cruise, so if you want to join me, let me know!

<insert surfing smiley here>

I was all set for this big surfing adventure - have traded emails several times with Jeff, but this week I sent the final email to finalized when and where to meet and can't get a reply. I have left a couple messages on the surf shop machine, but nothing :sad2: Leaving in 9 hours :sad1: I guess I could check my email on the ship, but not having much hope. May have to join the rest of the family at the butterfly farm - eek!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter