Supposedly you know your hairdresser.....

This is a chain hair cutting place. Not a local salon.

I can see corporate lawsuits coming

It will be interesting.

Our local chic fil a had an employee who lived with someone who tested positive. The store immediately closed for at least 2 weeks as a precaution. I think this is the way public businesses should be.

They had symptoms while at work. Their employer should have relieved them upon showing symptoms. No excuse.
It is very likely there was no "employer" on site to send them home. Every chain salon I have been to is individuals who rent a station and are paid by the cut. It would be up to them to call in and say I am sick I am not coming in. They, in the end, made the choice to work. Not saying that the owner, if they had knowledge of them working ill, shouldn't also be held accountable.

How does one "forcibly encourage", pray tell?
“Oh well if you leave you’ll lose pay the rest of the day”.... “oh we’re so busy and overwhelmed right now, can you finish out the day?” .... “well if you are sick i’m going to have to rent your chair to someone else”

i have a family of hairdressers and they have all started their careers at places like this. and they’ve all been told things like that by their managers.

This is bad. I suppose the good news is they were actually able to work so only had mild symptoms. I hope if I get COVID, I get it mild like this.

I am very curious how many will test positive if both the client and the hair dresser were wearing masks. I guess it will tell us if the masks do anything to prevent the spread.

Last edited:
The posted article does not mention that they were forced/encouraged to work. If they were then YES the owners should be prosecuted as well.
Here, businesses have a long list of measures and precautions they must enact in order to be allowed to open/remain open. The first is having a written Covid19 response plan and a required protocol is to screen employees for symptoms. Among many other things, it's the law under our provincial Emergency Measures act and any employer failing to do so is closed immediately and may have their business license revoked permanently. My own company, deemed essential, has had 3 random inspections from by-law enforcement officers since mid-March.

There's no way that employer wasn't aware the two workers were sick with something; not for that long and the article specifically mentioned them being symptomatic. That would be an open-and-shut case here - $12,500 fine and permanent business license ban. Here also, since the beginning, enforcement officials have made a habit of highly publicizing violators to make an example; everything from kids kicking soccer balls to lack of hygiene in restaurants.

I am very curious how many will test positive if both the client and the hair dresser were wearing masks. I guess it will tell us if the masks do anything to prevent the spread.

I’m wondering about this myself. And did the second hairdresser get it from the first? How so, if they were wearing their masks?

This is bad. I suppose the good news is they were actually able to work so only had mild symptoms. I hope if I get COVID, I get it mild like this.

I am so thankful I live in a city, province, country that doesn’t have me thinking if I get it...

My current city making news, ugh.
Hey I’m here too:). My daughter read today that the first stylist thought she had allergies (supposedly told to her by her doctor) and got tested after she got worse? That I can understand- I was in urgent care last weekend for allergy induced asthma, low pulse ox, cough etc- but no fever- no CV test. So before we get out the witch burning wood pile and gather the pitchforks perhaps we should pause, get ALL the facts. Or is everyone from now on supposed to run for a test at the first cough regardless of the cause?

Hey I’m here too:). My daughter read today that the first stylist thought she had allergies (supposedly told to her by her doctor) and got tested after she got worse? That I can understand- I was in urgent care last weekend for allergy induced asthma, low pulse ox, cough etc- but no fever- no CV test. So before we get out the witch burning wood pile and gather the pitchforks perhaps we should pause, get ALL the facts. Or is everyone from now on supposed to run for a test at the first cough regardless of the cause?
Couldn't agree more...the insanity of the last few months is really what is scary.

Some places are doing far, far more testing than others. Two weeks ago I was making arrangements over our local Tele-health system to see a doctor for a UTI. Because I had 1 degree of fever (caused by the raging infection) I had to have a Covid test before anything else AND go into mandatory quarantine until the results came back, even though my symptoms were very obviously due to something else. As of last Monday, in our city people can now self-refer for Covid testing (either symptomatic or not). Throughout the province there is capacity for 10,000 tests a day if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!