Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Repeat:
A reminder to everyone participating in this thread: Please keep your comments respectful and courteous to others. It is totally possible to disagree and to discuss serious topics while being respectful and non-dismissive or non-demeaning toward others. This is a sensitive and very stressful time for many people, so let's be mindful of that in how we react and comment to others. For those of you who are making the effort to be thoughtful and aware of other's feelings, thank you.

This thread is about helping each other by sharing information about the temporary DLR closure and issues relating to that, e.g. ticket questions, trip rescheduling, news/updates about the parks, etc. This is not a thread about arguing or proving who's right or smarter or superior in their knowledge. Arguing is not helpful to anyone here, and argumentative posts will be deleted. For those choosing to help and encourage others in this thread, thank you!

I think this is new. I apologise if it is not.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/Looks like they have announced extensions to single and multi day tickets through the end of 2021 (plus the 13 days for multi day tickets). For single day tickets they are sticking with the tiers at this stage. I assume if you reschedule to a more expensive day, you would pay the difference.

Also announced is Disney operated businesses in DTD will close from 8pm Monday.

Again, apologies if this is old news. I have been following this thread but don’t recall seeing this info re expiration dates and DTD.

Stay safe and well everyone. Maybe with all the added hand washing atm those bar nuts will be safe to eat . . . . . . .

Last edited:
I think this is new. I apologise if it is not.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/Looks like they have announced extensions to single and multi day tickets through the end of 2021 (plus the 13 days for multi day tickets). For single day tickets they are sticking with the tiers at this stage. I assume if you reschedule to a more expensive day, you would pay the difference.

Also announced is Disney operated businesses in DTD will close from 8pm Monday.

Again, apologies if this is old news. I have been following this thread but don’t recall seeing this info re expiration dates and DTD.

Stay safe and well everyone. Maybe with all the added hand washing atm those bar nuts will be safe to eat . . . . . . .
Thank you for posting the link -- it's always helpful for people to have something official to refer to!

From Westsider from another site : Quote

The schedules for all Ops CM's at DLR are created by an army of over 100 CM's called Production Schedulers. Those Production Schedulers are tweeting that they have all just been told tonight not to report to work tomorrow, which is a 180 degree change from what they were told on Friday as they were supposed to be some of the hourly CM's that were to still report to work.

Schedules are created three weeks in advance. All work on future schedules for all 20,000+ Ops CM's at DLR is now on hold indefinitely. The Scheduling teams would have begun working on creating the schedules for week ending April 11th if they had reported to work tomorrow.

With the CDC alert that no gathering of more than 50 people should be allowed for the next 8 weeks, and with no Production Schedulers working on creating new schedules for CM's anyway, it's now obvious that DLR will remain closed for more than a month. Likely much longer.

The schedules were already created through week ending April 4th, and those schedules were how CM's were going to be paid for their scheduled hours for the next two weeks. But now, beginning April 5th, no hourly CM's will have scheduled hours created or posted. It's unclear how you pay someone for hours they were never scheduled for, so CM's should prepare for a statement from Disney explaining that. Hopefully TDA makes a clear statement on if hourly CM's will continue to be paid past week ending April 4th, especially now that no schedules are being created past that date. Unquote

From Westsider from another site : Quote

The schedules for all Ops CM's at DLR are created by an army of over 100 CM's called Production Schedulers. Those Production Schedulers are tweeting that they have all just been told tonight not to report to work tomorrow, which is a 180 degree change from what they were told on Friday as they were supposed to be some of the hourly CM's that were to still report to work.

Schedules are created three weeks in advance. All work on future schedules for all 20,000+ Ops CM's at DLR is now on hold indefinitely. The Scheduling teams would have begun working on creating the schedules for week ending April 11th if they had reported to work tomorrow.

With the CDC alert that no gathering of more than 50 people should be allowed for the next 8 weeks, and with no Production Schedulers working on creating new schedules for CM's anyway, it's now obvious that DLR will remain closed for more than a month. Likely much longer.

The schedules were already created through week ending April 4th, and those schedules were how CM's were going to be paid for their scheduled hours for the next two weeks. But now, beginning April 5th, no hourly CM's will have scheduled hours created or posted. It's unclear how you pay someone for hours they were never scheduled for, so CM's should prepare for a statement from Disney explaining that. Hopefully TDA makes a clear statement on if hourly CM's will continue to be paid past week ending April 4th, especially now that no schedules are being created past that date. Unquote
I know it's very much the unknown, but I wish Disney would just announce they are planning a longer closure then initially mentioned. I have a trip scheduled and the limbo is killing me as I am sure it is for a lot of people.

I’m gonna make a prediction now...Monday, May 18 reopening. Backup guess....Monday, May 11.

I need some Vegas odds on this one!
Vegas odds.... Well it looks like Vegas is beginning to shut down too.

I don't think it will be May 11th, if Disney was considering it then they should go with Sunday May 10th for "Mother's Day".

I thought it was funny when I saw the re-opening date April 1st "April fools Day"

I know it's very much the unknown, but I wish Disney would just announce they are planning a longer closure then initially mentioned. I have a trip scheduled and the limbo is killing me as I am sure it is for a lot of people.

I think it is more that disney is trying to do things in phases to avoid overloading their lines. They announced the resorts for WDW closing about the time the parks closed. So I'm betting on an extension after they get the resorts/DS/DD closed friday night or saturday.

I'm in limbo too for WDW since I have a trip around mid-april for star wars half marathon (BTW, DLR needs to get their races restarted)

This is INSANE if they're shut down for 3 to 6 weeks. I know it needs to be done, and I'm glad they're following guidelines and not fighting that, but holy cow this has got to hit the bottom line HAAAARD. Anyone wanna take bets that this might have come into play on Bob Iger stepping down? I suspect he was already thinking about it, but if he had any forethought to this coming it might have been what triggered the immediate actions :P

Washington state schools are shut down until April 24th and they just shut down all entertainment, restaurants (delivery/take only now), bars, etc. Things are still going to get worse before they get better.

This is INSANE if they're shut down for 3 to 6 weeks. I know it needs to be done, and I'm glad they're following guidelines and not fighting that, but holy cow this has got to hit the bottom line HAAAARD.
I know we're all focused on Disneyland, but consider the bigger picture. There is going to be a lot more suffering over the next 2-3 months than people are willing to accept right now. Disney is at least able to get through this intact. Many, Many, Many others will not be.

I was semi-planning a trip in late June or mid-July. At this point once we have the days firmed up the most I'm going to do is make a room reservation and pay the deposit. Anything else (tix, airfare, etc) is going to be on hold until we get a clearer picture.

I'm now thinking end of May at the earliest.

I know we're all focused on Disneyland, but consider the bigger picture. There is going to be a lot more suffering over the next 2-3 months than people are willing to accept right now. Disney is at least able to get through this intact. Many, Many, Many others will not be.

It's going to hurt bad... we have friends that run small businesses--nail salons, a small restaurant, a coffee shop, and a barber--and their business has virtually vanished overnight.

Most small businesses have < 1 month of liquidity (2 weeks, if the 2019 report from the gov't is to be believed). It's going to get ugly.

This is probably BEYOND obvious, but the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco is officially closed until 3/20/20...and likely beyond April 7 as they have not yet directly addressed Mayor Breed’s latest shelter-in-place mandate.

Sincerely, Captain Obvious.

I’m gonna make a prediction now...Monday, May 18 reopening. Backup guess....Monday, May 11.

I need some Vegas odds on this one!
We're supposed to be going for Memorial Day weekend. If that's the weekend following the re-opening, they place is going to be CRAZY. I'd like to reschedule, but we booked with timeshare points that expire June 1 and I don't know if they will extend that given the circumstances.

More than that, I am deeply concerned about the likely job losses and business closures that are inevitably going to occur with this. My heart breaks for people who will lose their livelihoods through no fault of their own. I'm concerned as well as with the precedent we are setting. If this becomes the new norm for addressing these outbreaks, this is going to happen every 2-3 years. I get that it's out of "an abundance of caution" (most overused phrase of the last week), but i also get that these precautions are wreaking havoc on the country as much as the disease itself is. The whole situation is lose/lose/lose. There is no win.

It's going to hurt bad... we have friends that run small businesses--nail salons, a small restaurant, a coffee shop, and a barber--and their business has virtually vanished overnight.

Most small businesses have < 1 month of liquidity (2 weeks, if the 2019 report from the gov't is to be believed). It's going to get ugly.

Yes, my son has quite a few friends who have restaurants. They're really scared of losing their businesses as well as upset at having to lay off their employees.

Yo from the SF East Bay (Contra Costa County) :rotfl:

I was in Costco when this news broke. It went from relatively sane to somewhere between double to triple the people. And quite a few more rude people (someone kept getting too close to me and ended up slamming their cart into my handle bars from behind me; barely missed hitting my hand). I booked it out of there with the few things I went in to get (important things like Mexicoke and Dr Pepper :cool1:).

I also had to stop by the Disney store today to do an exchange I've been putting off. Manager said that they found out late last night too about the closure of the stores without much notice before the emails went out.

All my work is officially not happening right now except for some budget work from home tomorrow for my main job. But then I'm basically twiddling my thumbs because I can't work from home on most things. We're not even allowed in our office building starting at midnight tonight. I hope I remembered everything I might need in the next couple weeks :crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter