Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would believe disney would welcome any business and foot traffic once it reopens.

disney is trying to do the right thing -- they even released frozen 2 for us to watch last night - thank you! :)
Let's make it clear, Disney already had a plan in place that they were going to remain open and implement that would have been far better for the long term health of the public, they were even exempted from the ban on gatherings over 250.

They only chose to shut down because of public perception, if they were truly interested in protecting public health long term, they would have stuck to their guns and said, no, because closing will cause more harm long term than remaining open and adjusting some operations.

If they don’t extend it, do those tickets become useless after the expiration? Or can you use them and pay the upcharge difference?
The easiest thing for DL to do is extend all SoCal and Kids’ tickets. WDW has added on a month extension to their FL Resident tickets.

The next easiest thing would be to comp or ‘even exchange’ the remaining ticketed days. That would take more guest time or Ticket Window time so I’m sure Disney chooses the easiest route and extends the tickets.

But if they don’t do that the tickets are worthless after expiration- correct? I’m just trying to pass on info to her- I’ve never used promo tickets like that so don’t know how it works.

But if they don’t do that the tickets are worthless after expiration- correct? I’m just trying to pass on info to her- I’ve never used promo tickets like that so don’t know how it works.
Tickets that have a ‘use by’ date have always retained their value towards other tickets or an upgrade.

I’d just reassure her that Disney isn’t going to claim those tickets are ‘worthless’ because of park closure during a pandemic.

Disney has said unused tickets can be refunded during this, they have said what they are doing about partially used tickets, aside from APs, which they have stated Disneyland APs will be extended based on the number of days closed and the pass level type.

I reeeeallly want to know what the extended downtime procedures are. Like do you run the monorail and trains a few times a day? Jungle Cruise boats running along empty a few times per day?

I know seasonal theme parks do it all the time, but curious what DL does.

I remember growing up and being told IASW continues to run with the volume lowered overnight...perhaps different now in a digital age.

I have a feeling this closure could be a lot longer than we think. I work as a travel agent outside of the USA and we have a number of clients who work at WDW who have had their work visas cancelled without warning and have until Tuesday to vacate their WDW provided accommodation. Why would they be laying off staff if they didn't forsee this extending for some time..

Was just curios since they have people working in the shops of DTD that they might still have the construction/rehab work going ahead as well.

I have a feeling this closure could be a lot longer than we think. I work as a travel agent outside of the USA and we have a number of clients who work at WDW who have had their work visas cancelled without warning and have until Tuesday to vacate their WDW provided accommodation. Why would they be laying off staff if they didn't forsee this extending for some time..

They did just end the college program for everyone in the current spring program at WDW . Is that what your clients were in? It's the first one I definitely think of that has provided housing. Or something else I've forgotten about?

This one doesn't really shock me if I'm being honest. Makes me sad, but doesn't shock me. The program is generally the length of a semester so a relatively soon end date. From a business perspective it would be better to just end a college program early. Free up resources if things continue past the initial closure. Basically a plan for the worst, hope for the best situation.

I did like that they are going to pay the college program participants through the end of the month still, but effective immediately will cease taking out the housing allowance.

Edit: ah! New article popped up. I did forget about the cultural representative program. I believe these are also limited in length programs, yes? So still makes sense to me even though I find it sad.

2nd edit: looks like full time were allowed to stay though? Honestly been awhile since I talked to someone in this program so I've totally forgotten 99% of the details. Be right back while I go refresh my memory and read up on what they're doing for these people :). Only knew the college program details offhand.

Last edited:
Yes! I've been wondering if they may delay the opening of Avengers Campus, too.

It's hard to know if the closure will help or hinder all the maintenance and construction. On the one hand, if the park is closed, they could have all hands on deck. On the other hand, workers could be sick or taking time off to spend with their families.

We need some inside scoop...

I've been scouring the internet trying to find a clear answer to the ticket refund question. Can't seem to find one. Calling would be impossible...

Anyone get a REFUND for Park Hoppers?

I bought three 4 day hoppers - UNUSED. I can reschedule for two of us, but i will not be able to reschedule 3rd person - and even a long extension through 2021 won't work. That ticket needs to be cancelled.

I understand that during normal, personal reasons your expired ticket can be used towards the purchase of another ticket. But we don't plan on going back for years, so I'm hoping they're offering refunds...

I originally posted this in the Disneyland Resort Closure super thread.

I talked with a cast member friend last night and he did confirm that all maintenance/refurb crews will continue to work. I also saw an article that said they had moved construction cranes in behind Toontown so I would guess construction will continue also.

Tried to post a link to Toontown article but I guess that is not ok.

Last edited:
You will need to call Disneyland ticketing to plead your case. I wish you luck, reports from the WDW side of things is Disney is holding firm on no refunds of park tickets.

What's interesting is that they already extended my pass to April 30. I thought they weren't going to extend until the park was about to open. So I wonder if they are hoping to open before than, if not then just keep extending them?

Was snooping on comments on the AP Facebook page.

Someone with a 3/17 expiration date (on a Deluxe) got extended to 4/30 as well. So now it's looking like the 4/30 date is just a flat extension for anyone that expired during the closure regardless of days missed.

This makes me even more confused how they'll handle the extensions for everyone else that isn't expiring during the closure.

Also I am seeing some people say they don't see an updated expiration yet in the same comments and they expire during the closure. Definitely seem to be doing this in waves even among those who expire during the closure.

I originally posted this in the Disneyland Resort Closure super thread.

I talked with a cast member friend last night and he did confirm that all maintenance/refurb crews will continue to work. I also saw an article that said they had moved construction cranes in behind Toontown so I would guess construction will continue also.

I’d link not allowed, can you describe in excruciating detail how you found it? I’d like to read.

Not sure why not allowed, ive posted pertinent LA Times/OC Register articles here no problems.

I’d link not allowed, can you describe in excruciating detail how you found it? I’d like to read.

Not sure why not allowed, ive posted pertinent LA Times/OC Register articles here no problems.

That's because there is a particular, well known Disney news website that is banned from being posted on Disboards. You can tell this when it shows up with **** in place of the website name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter