• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super Goofs March Challenge

Here it is Friday again and, not only is this your last chance workout day, it is the end of March also. We have put up some great numbers this month. I am very proud of all of you. I hope that everyone is meeting your goals, if not, please let all of us know. There is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips, you just have to ask...:goodvibes

Cecilia: Such good luck vibes coming for you this weekend. I know you are going to do well. :wizard: for good weather, :wizard: for fleet feet and :wizard: for strong body and mind!!! Have a great run!!!

Beth: You have been sooooo consistent. You are my idol! I can only strive to be as dedicated as you.

Lynnielou: Great job sticking with your plan and knowing when to cut back. You are improving by leaps and bounds.

HockeyGirl: Great to have you back with us and so glad that the knee was not a more serious problem.

Pungodingy: You too are very consistent. Your speeds are improving and I think you have shown the most perseverence and strength of anyone on the boards.

SAP1227: It is one of the hardest things to know when you need to start anew. Changing our patterns is not easy. I am very proud of you for knowing when it is time for something new (or old) to jump start you again.

Jmasgat: I hope Zion is as beautiful and my IL's reported it to be!

All of those injured or taking a rest due to illness (yes me included): Much PD for speedy recoveries. April is a new month. Spring should FINALLY arrive (did I mention it is snowing) and we should all be on the road again. Ahhh, won't that be nice. I think we should definitely strive for an injury/illness free month.

DirtyBunny, Donac, FloridaGirl: I have no miles/hours for you this week. Please let me know if someone needs to go on the DL. Raenstoirm is there right now.

In my little corner of the world, yes, I am still sick. I tried to run yesterday that turned into a run/walk that turned into a walk/run and mostly just a walk except for the downhills where I ROCKED!! :lmao: So kidding. :rolleyes1 I ended up at 3.25 miles at an average 12:47 pace which all things considered is not horrendous but with all the miles I am missing this week, I feel pretty bad. I am going to TRY and get to the gym today, it will depend on my head and lungs when I get done working today. :sick: I would like to hit the elliptical or bike and make up my lost mileage but that may not happen. I may have to let March go and start again in April. :sad2:

Have a great day Super Goofs. Tomorrow morning, I will be starting the April Edition of the Super Goof thread. Please post all miles/hours there for April!! :cheer2:

Lisa: I hope that you are feeling better! This 'sickness' has stayed away from me, and I want it to stay that way! Yeech...... Hope the weekend looks up for you, and good for you for cleaning your house....I would have kept napping....

Wednesday: 60 min stretch
Friday: I'll have to post it later......one ds is staying home from school, so my LR may be altered....

Beth

Good Morning everyone-
Today was my scheduled long run but its SNOWING again. I want to cry!
I will be away for a week next week with limited computer access so I will post totals when I get back.
For this week Wednesday- rode for 2 hours
Thursday 5 miles in 60 minutes and 60 minute spin class
I will try to get on the treadmill today but I woke up with a UTI- like I have time to deal with this today. My flight is bright and early tomorrow morning and I am freaking out about all the things I need to do. UTIs were not on the list!

Hi, all. Back to reality, here. Got 4-6" of wet heavy snow overnight. Did my first run since last week--it was dreadful. I slogged through 3 miles in 28:30 and felt my legs every minute of that time. I really feel like the week off hurt me mentally--better get it back soon since my longest run is coming up this weekend! Plus, I picked up a cold, so my head feels like yecch.

Other trip XT:

Monday--6 miles / 4 hours (River trekking)
Tuesday--2.5 miles / 1-1/2 hrs (Hiking)

Maura

3/26
1 mile/17 mins
45 mins chipping ice and shoveling in what used to be my driveway

3/27
1 mile/16 mins
30 mins chipping away...

more snow now, to fill in all the progress I've made on the driveway, and to push me back in to the treadmill

I will not scream, but I do want too....

Girl Scout sleepover this weekend, lots of pool time....

3/28
1.5 miles/23 mins
30 mins shoveling snow ('bout 6 inches, and still coming, but not amounting to much now)

HI everybody! Glad to hear everyone is getting some great workouts in!

Yesterday's total:

2 miles 19:15

Well, I went out and pushed it a little too hard yesterday...I never run that fast, and boy is my knee feeling it today. I need to slow down!!! i will go out for my LR on sunday but I think I am going to turn it into a walk/run and take it easy and just get in the 7 miles I need to get in.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I will be scrapbooking all day tomorrow!!!!!

3/25
2 miles 19:30
30 min of strength training

3/26
2 miles 21 min

3/27
30 min of strength training

3/28
60 min of pulling Zachary around in a sled

Can't remember last time I updated with my numbers...sorry.

Saturday...30 mins bike/7.04 miles
Monday...45 mins bike/9.79 miles
Tuesday...30 mins bike/6.43 miles
Wednesday...92 mins walk and jog/6 miles
also...45 mins bike/9.73 miles
Thursday...30 mins bike/6.20 miles

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

Here are my March hours. I hope it isn't too late. I simply haven't been able to sign in lately!

Sunday March 2 - 5 miles...1 hour 30 minutes
Monday 3/3 - Curves - 30 minutes
Tuesday 3/4 - Curves - 30 minutes
WEd 3/5 - 2 miles walking - 30 minutes
Friday 3/6 5 miles - 1 hour 22 minutes
Saturday - 5 miles - 1 hour 30 minutes
Mon 3/10 - Curves - 30 minutes
Tues 3/11 - walking 3 miles - 45 minutes
Wed 3/12 - Curves - 30 minutes and walking 2 miles - 30 min
Thurs 3/13 - Curves - 30 minutes
Friday 3/14 - 5 miles - 1 hour 40 minutes
Mon 3/17 - curves - 30 minutes 2 miles 30 minutes
Tuesday 3/18 5 miles 1 hour 20 minutes
WEd 03/19 curves 30 minutes
Thurs 03/20 curves - 30 minutes
Sat 03/22 5 miles - 1 hour 25 minutes
Monday 03/24 - curves 30 minutes
Tuesday 03/25 1.5 miles 30 minutes curves 30 minutes
Thurs 03/27- Curves - 30 minutes
Friday 3/28- Curves - 30 minutes
Sat -3/29 5 miles walking - 2 hours
Monday 03/31 curves - 30 minutes

Good thing I was entering this in my palm :)

Hope all is well!

Laura

My total for March is 15 miles and 2 hours of exercise. I am going to give APril a try but I don't know that I am contributing all that much to the group. You guys have some impressive totals'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter