Super cheap or free date ideas?

GatorMama

DIS Veteran
We recently babysat a friend's little girl overnight so our friend is going to keep our son for a big chunk of time for us soon. Probably this weekend. But DH and I have no idea what to do! I'd love to go to the movies, but that's a little more money than we want to spend (need to save every penny for that trip coming up!) We've thought about going to Busch Gardens (we have annual passes, so it wouldn't be spending extra money beyond snacks while we're there... and we have refillable cups for popcorn and drinks, so it wouldn't be much for that either. It might be nice to ride a coaster TOGETHER! :hug: Any other ideas?

one of the things my dh has loved most was when I literally FILLEd the house with candles...tealights on every surface...almost 100...they reflected in the windows and seemd to double in number. We had a picnic on a blanket in the living room floor with all the lights out except the candles and enjoyed just spending time together with no tv, no phone, nobody in the world but us.

How about a walk along the bayshore or a picnic in the park? Just going to a free outside concert or free art exhibit. Free walk through farmers market.

I live in PGH & we like to go to the Strip District [outdoor/indoor markets]& walk around & eat goodies. Tacos,egg rolls, gyros, whatever. It's a multi culture area & it makes for a vey cheap fun place to grab lunch outside on a nice day. It's kinda like what we like to do in Epcot. :thumbsup2

Hi:
This might sound strange but call your local library. Our town with the library runs a Concerts on the Green program every Wednesday night during the summer. One week there will be a rock band, another week jazz, another week Celtic. It's so much fun and free! If not, check the local ice cream stands. We have one in the next town over that has an antique car show along with a band every week that's free. Of course, you go buy ice cream!

Have fun!

I would go to Busch Gardens. Ride the coasters, hold hands, eat ice cream...sounds lovely to me! If your friend will keep your child overnight, why not go to BG during the day, then come home and watch a movie and snuggle.

Now that the summer season has started. VA Beach Oceanfront has concerts, festivals and stuff going on every weekend for free.

You could have a nice picnic on the seawall in the evening in Olde Towne Portsmouth, then then take a romantic walk along the water.

Have a picnic in the evening on the beach.

And I agree, BG without the kids is always fun...hmmm..where is DH?

A lot of local rec departments and libraries host free outdoor movies this time of year. Also, letterboxing is free and fun!

I think BG sounds great. We are Cedar Point pass holders and DH and I make it point to go on at least one "date" there during the summer. We ride a few coasters, walk around, go to a couple of shows and eat some snacks.

We also like to go to a local outdoor shopping center and walk around. One of the best dates we had was there. I had lost my job 2 month prior, it was my birthday and we had very, very little money. I had a birthday certificate for a free burger for Red Robin. We ordered waters to keep our bill down, DH got his burger, I got mine and we paid $14 with tip! Then we walked around the shopping center and held hands and browsed the book store and found the center had an outdoor fire pit so we got a coffee, split it and sat and talked by the fire. It was heavenly and cost us a total of like $16 for the whole evening.

Our local Science Museum has a lot of things for adults on the weekends. Wine tastings and movies with dinner. They aren't expensive either and some are free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter