Super Bowl XLIII

SimonV

Proud to have called Bob Varley 'friend'
For those who don't know some of my 'other' work (away from the Brit's Guide and various travel writing) I also cover American sports for various UK media on a part-time basis (notably a weekly View From America column for SkySports.com), and this week sees the annual Super Bowl event in Tampa, which is now the biggest annual sporting occasion by a distance.

For those interested in reading more about it, and getting a bit of insight into the huge media frenzy which occurs around it, I will attempt to update my US Sports Blog on a daily basis to provide a (hopefully!) amusing sideline to all the proper sporting comment. Feel free to drop in and leave any comments and I'll report back when I can :)

Thanks Simon. Enjoyed reading todays blog entry. Hope you get the pin!!

Look forward to reading more,
Andy

Needles to say Simon I am keeping my eyes on this - BTW shame about Philli. Got to fancy AZ for the win, their game against Philli was virtually a perfect performance.

I'll try and pop by, but, drink may stop me making much sense!

Don't know anything about the match but The Boss is singing at half time I believe?

I will miss my 1st Superbowl since 1982 this time as I am starting a college final Plumbing assessment week from the 2nd Feb. gutted.

Needles to say Simon I am keeping my eyes on this - BTW shame about Philli. Got to fancy AZ for the win, their game against Philli was virtually a perfect performance.

I'll try and pop by, but, drink may stop me making much sense!

Thats who I reckon is going to win:thumbsup2

Great life you lead Simon:goodvibes

Thanks for the feedback, folks, it is definitely appreciated :thumbsup2 Day 1 is now posted.

Yes, it is quite a fun existence (at least at the moment - next week I will have to catch up on all the work I don't do this week while I am 'working' in tampa! :sad2: ).

We are ready for the big Media Day tomorrow (Tues) and I will be interested to see how Arizona hold up to the intense spotlight as the less experienced team. Lots of questions to be answered before I am happy making any solid prediction but I do have a feeling for the Cardinals, both as the underdogs and a team that has burst into form at JUST the right time.

Yes, it was a shame about Philly, but the Cards deserve to be here, pure and simple.

More soon......!!

I don't have a clue about American football. DH tried to explain it all to me once as he was a big fan when he was in the army.

All I could do was argue with him that it wasn't football but just the American's take on rugby!

Great work though Simon your article is excellent. I hear the tickets are going for huge sums of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!