Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

This is another favorite for me. The F&G overlay was beautiful.
Same here, my friend. I adore it!
It really is at it's best for F&G. Lovely photo!
Thank you so much!
I agree with this. It's just not the same. I hope they bring back pick a pearl and the cultural reps soon.
I can't wait...hopefully they will be back for Christmas. Fingers crossed!
I really enjoyed Harmonius but it may be that I've seen it with Danielle and she loves it. I think it grows on you the more you see it. Danielle didn't love it at first but after seeing it so many times while working in Epcot she grew to love it and see all the little extras. She knows it by heart.
I feel that way about Enchantment. I didn't love it at first but it is growing on me.
What a great day relaxing after hitting the parks hard.

I really want to try Morimoto's some day.
With the crowds the way they were, Bill would not have liked back to back park days. I have to admit, I really enjoyed the laid back approach too. I will definitely go back to Morimoto again.

The Genie is a very bad boyfriend

So this was the day I had been preparing for. I had practiced countless times, taken Genie for a first date on Monday and been pleasantly surprised. So I was somewhat confident that our second date would go well.

Until it didn't.

I logged in to MDE at 6:57 and kept an eagle eye on the clock. Exactly at 6:59:45 I refreshed my screen and chose Hollywood Studios. I had Rise chosen as one of my must do's and it was at the top of the screen. It popped up immediately for 8:45 am. I felt quite smug and confident...I said to Bill "oh this isn't so hard after all." Then I looked at my screen again...now it said 10:30. Well I was still happy with that so I clicked on it and went to payment. The app asked me to log in. What???? I was already logged in. I entered my payment info and the confirmation screen popped up with our return time of 6:40 pm!!!!!!!!

Need I mention that this was exactly when we had dinner reservations at Skippers Canteen?

I was so upset but there was nothing I could do at this time. I decided to head to HS in hopes that guest services could help. Bill chose to stay back at the resort for a bit as he needed some quiet time. His sister's cat (who belonged to his mom before her death) had passed the night before and Bill was feeling the loss of that last connection to his mom. I completely understood and was happy to head to the park early on my own.

Arriving at HS, I made a beeline for the blue guest services umbrellas. There was nothing they could do for me unfortunately. I thought to myself, surely there are attractions I can do. It's only 8:40 am, right??? Sadly, ToT was 110 minutes, RnRC was 95 min, MMRR was 100 min etc. Yikes! I did a little shopping, some pin trading, strolled around and decided to go on the one ride I knew I could get on. Which one was it?? If you guessed the skyliner, you would be right! I headed to Riviera to take a look around then went back to HS to meet Bill.

We had to majorly switch up our day and decided we would go for an early lunch. I went on MDE and was happy to find an ADR for Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club for 11:40. This gave us some time to take the Skyliner over and walk around Crescent Lake a bit. Of course we had to do a Skyliner selfie!
IMG_0293.jpeg

Arriving at the Yacht Club, we had about a 20 minute wait for our table even though the restaurant was half empty. I knew I had to try the Parker House rolls I had heard so much about and they did not disappoint!
IMG_0297.jpeg

Parker House Rolls and Spreads ~Bacon Jam, Pub Cheese, Citrus Butter $14.00

I was in desperate need of a salad so went for the Ale and Compass salad (Watercress, Sorghum, Pumpkin Seeds, Rainbow Carrots, Beets, and Radish with Lemon-Balsamic Vinaigrette.)
IMG_0298.jpeg
It was so fresh and tasty with just the right amount of dressing.

Bill went for the Lobster and Corn chowder which he really enjoyed. We had a fabulous, personable server and thoroughly enjoyed our impromptu lunch. We decided to walk back to Hs to catch the bus back to our resort. It was a gorgeous day and we enjoyed the walk along the canal. :)
IMG_0299.jpeg
We were happy to have a little down time at the resort before heading back for Hollywood Studios part 2! Would we get on Rise? Would we make it to MK that night?
That's coming up next!

Poor Bill. It’s so hard when we lose those connections with a loved one even though we will always have wonderful memories somehow it makes it all seem so final and the grief so raw again. I’m sure he was glad of the time alone to just process everything and he looks so happy to have met up with you later even if your Genie boyfriend was being a pain!
I hate that Disney is trying to rob us of all the spontaneity that filled our trips in the past What with park reservations and genie plus.I like how you rescued your failure with the old genie to have a gorgeous walk and some good food.
I think we’ve been often enough that if we do get back this year we will not do the genie + and just see where we end up ( famous last words🤣).
Looks like a beautiful day weather wise. Nothing nicer than strolling alongside the canal after a tasty meal.

We were happy to have a little down time at the resort before heading back for Hollywood Studios part 2! Would we get on Rise? Would we make it to MK that night?
Disney needs to fix the LL$ purchases so that you aren't surprised like that. We ended up with an evening LL$ for RotR and ended up really liking the park at night. But when you have dinner plans at a different park then it all becomes a big mess.

It is nice that Ale and Compass is once again serving lunch. The Parker House rolls really are good. :)

I was somewhat confident that our second date would go well.

Until it didn't.
So he's a love 'em and leave 'em kinda guy, huh?
It popped up immediately for 8:45 am. I felt quite smug and confident...I said to Bill "oh this isn't so hard after all." Then I looked at my screen again...now it said 10:30. Well I was still happy with that so I clicked on it and went to payment. The app asked me to log in. What???? I was already logged in. I entered my payment info and the confirmation screen popped up with our return time of 6:40 pm!!!!!!!!

Need I mention that this was exactly when we had dinner reservations at Skippers Canteen?
:sad2:
Bill chose to stay back at the resort for a bit as he needed some quiet time. His sister's cat (who belonged to his mom before her death) had passed the night before and Bill was feeling the loss of that last connection to his mom.
Sorry to hear that. Loss of a pet is never easy. And it being his last connection to his mom... even harder.
It's only 8:40 am, right??? Sadly, ToT was 110 minutes, RnRC was 95 min, MMRR was 100 min etc. Yikes!
:faint:
Of course we had to do a Skyliner selfie!
Of course! (And a nice shot of you two. :))
Arriving at the Yacht Club, we had about a 20 minute wait for our table even though the restaurant was half empty. I knew I had to try the Parker House rolls I had heard so much about and they did not disappoint!
IMG_0297.jpeg

Parker House Rolls and Spreads ~Bacon Jam, Pub Cheese, Citrus Butter $14.00

I'd not heard of that! Sounds delicious!
Like your dress. :)

I totally agree, Genie is not a good boyfriend. He double crosses you often, ugh!
We love going over to Riviera on the Skyliner!
Your salad looks delicious and the rolls yummy!
The weather looks beautiful 🤩
Happy Mother’s Day 👩

Poor Bill. It’s so hard when we lose those connections with a loved one even though we will always have wonderful memories somehow it makes it all seem so final and the grief so raw again. I’m sure he was glad of the time alone to just process everything and he looks so happy to have met up with you later even if your Genie boyfriend was being a pain!
You perfectly summed up how Bill was feeling. Spencer was the last physical connection to his mom so it was a blow to him.
I hate that Disney is trying to rob us of all the spontaneity that filled our trips in the past What with park reservations and genie plus.I like how you rescued your failure with the old genie to have a gorgeous walk and some good food.
I think we’ve been often enough that if we do get back this year we will not do the genie + and just see where we end up ( famous last words🤣).
My next trip is late August and I am debating if I will do Genie + again or just take my chances.
Looks like a beautiful day weather wise. Nothing nicer than strolling alongside the canal after a tasty meal.
It was glorious!!
Disney needs to fix the LL$ purchases so that you aren't surprised like that. We ended up with an evening LL$ for RotR and ended up really liking the park at night. But when you have dinner plans at a different park then it all becomes a big mess.
I did enjoy the park in the evening too but it did mess up dinner for sure. We were able to cancel Skippers and ended up with a delicious alternative.
It is nice that Ale and Compass is once again serving lunch. The Parker House rolls really are good. :)
It's such a great lunch spot. I love those rolls!
So he's a love 'em and leave 'em kinda guy, huh?
He's a dirty double crosser.....
Sorry to hear that. Loss of a pet is never easy. And it being his last connection to his mom... even harder.
Absolutely, he definitely need some time just to process everything.
Of course! (And a nice shot of you two. :))
Thank you!
I'd not heard of that! Sounds delicious!
They are so good! I loved putting pub cheese and bacon jam on the roll and enjoy them that way.
Like your dress. :)
Thank you! It's from Stitch Shoppe by Loungefly. I really liked the Mickey comic strip pattern. :)
I totally agree, Genie is not a good boyfriend. He double crosses you often, ugh!
He is a very bad boyfriend!
Happy Mother’s Day 👩
Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend!

Arriving at HS, I made a beeline for the blue guest services umbrellas. There was nothing they could do for me unfortunately.
This is so disappointing to hear! Would they at least refund the ILL you couldn't use? I'm really worried about purchasing one and getting a time during a meal reservation, even worse that yours would have had you in two parks at the same time.

This is so disappointing to hear! Would they at least refund the ILL you couldn't use? I'm really worried about purchasing one and getting a time during a meal reservation, even worse that yours would have had you in two parks at the same time.
They would have refunded the ILL cost if I had have asked them to. My DH really wanted to ride Rise so I ended up cancelling our dinner reservation (moving it to a later date, then cancelling). We made the best of the situation but it was far from ideal.

Ugh, what a disappointing morning! The time getting pushed is so frustrating. And wow, those wait times right at park opening! This definitely helps me curb my expectations when I go in July.

Looks like a very refreshing salad, though!

Ugh, what a disappointing morning! The time getting pushed is so frustrating. And wow, those wait times right at park opening! This definitely helps me curb my expectations when I go in July.

Looks like a very refreshing salad, though!
I was not a fan of the push back at all. Next time I plan to do an ILL I will make sure I don't book an ADR that day. I think the wait times were super high because it was spring break and crowds that day were level 10. I have never seen studios so busy! Hopefully it will be better for you in July. :)

I logged in to MDE at 6:57 and kept an eagle eye on the clock. Exactly at 6:59:45 I refreshed my screen and chose Hollywood Studios. I had Rise chosen as one of my must do's and it was at the top of the screen. It popped up immediately for 8:45 am. I felt quite smug and confident...I said to Bill "oh this isn't so hard after all." Then I looked at my screen again...now it said 10:30. Well I was still happy with that so I clicked on it and went to payment. The app asked me to log in. What???? I was already logged in. I entered my payment info and the confirmation screen popped up with our return time of 6:40 pm!!!!!!!!

Ugh, I have yet to try Genie at either park. We used Fran's pass, that now I can't remember what it's called, but it's for handicapped folks. It worked out well for us.
His sister's cat (who belonged to his mom before her death) had passed the night before and Bill was feeling the loss of that last connection to his mom.
:hug: It's so sad losing a pet especially in a situation like that.
I was in desperate need of a salad
:laughing: I'm not sure I've ever heard someone say that before!

Yikes! I am park hopping for the first time in a long while Th and Fri. I really hope I'm able to play the Genie game... It's SO Not fair that it's after you pay that it gives you that late time!

Ugh, I have yet to try Genie at either park. We used Fran's pass, that now I can't remember what it's called, but it's for handicapped folks. It worked out well for us.
I think the DAS pass would be better than Genie any day. I might try Genie again this summer .

:laughing: I'm not sure I've ever heard someone say that before!
What can I say? I love my leafy greens! :)
Yikes! I am park hopping for the first time in a long while Th and Fri. I really hope I'm able to play the Genie game... It's SO Not fair that it's after you pay that it gives you that late time!
Good luck to you! Hope it goes well!

I'm so sorry Genie+ was so bad. It's terrible when he Ghosts you.

I had issues with the time changing on me too like it did for you.

I'm very sorry for the loss of Bill's Mom's kitty.

You did great going with the flow and making your own fun. Your salad does look very refreshing.

I'm so sorry Genie+ was so bad. It's terrible when he Ghosts you.
We had some success later in the day but it sure didn't start off well.
I had issues with the time changing on me too like it did for you.
That drove me crazy!!
I'm very sorry for the loss of Bill's Mom's kitty.
Awww, thank you!
You did great going with the flow and making your own fun.
I think that's the key to a successful trip. You can be cranky and upset over things beyond your control or you can regroup and make the best of things.

As usual I'm trying to catch up around here! Love the food photos and all the things you got to try. I'm so sorry your morning at HS and genie + didn't work out too well for you, but you got the bread and to eat all the carbs lol....nothing wrong with that! And skyliner too!!

As usual I'm trying to catch up around here! Love the food photos and all the things you got to try. I'm so sorry your morning at HS and genie + didn't work out too well for you, but you got the bread and to eat all the carbs lol....nothing wrong with that! And skyliner too!!
I know you've been busy with what I've seen on FB. Hope you got home safely and C is settling in. It's always interesting when our young adult children come home after a year of independence. We didn't have the best luck early in the day but made the best of things. I try to just roll with what's happening as I know I will be back sooner than later. :)

owever the New Wave Lemonade Mead was refreshing and delicious. I would definitely get this
Oh! I wish I had tried that when we were there. That sounds good.

This was such a quick and easy way to keep track of our spending and it was so convenient to just quickly swipe the card. It worked out perfectly as I think we had about $3 left after our goodies at Japan.
What did you do about the last 3 bucks?

Sadly it is just not the same these days without the cultural representatives and the shelves are pretty bare.
We thought the same thing!! There was so much merch missing and I felt like what they had you could get at Hot Topic. I am sure it's supply chain issues.

I would like to know however, what is with the queue? It has to be one of the most boring and unimaginative queues in all of Disney. Did they run out of money?
So true!!! And it's short, alot of it is outside. Maybe they expect eventually the wait to not be that long?

The ride vehicles are cute but I didn't love the screen technology and had to close my eyes several times so I didn't get nauseous.
It was dated before it even opened since they literally cloned the France one.

I was very grateful that we had added beer to our Instacart order as I saw the price for one Schofferhofer was $10 USD!!!! I bought a 4 pack for $9.60 and just tucked a couple into our pool bag with an ice pack.
66905083187__6CCC726E-54CE-4422-9889-7E021E247CFF.jpeg
Good Thinking!

We made our way through the Springs to Morimoto and checked in right on time. What a gorgeous restaurant!
My college girlfriend's husband designed it!!!! I love bragging for him. ha.

We tried the famous chili hoisin ribs next and they did not disappoint! The meat just fell off the bone!
IMG_0289.jpeg
Yeah!!! Glad you guys liked them!!! They aren't your normal ribs. And they do fall off the bones!

The Genie is a very bad boyfriend
So so so so true!

Oh! I wish I had tried that when we were there. That sounds good.
One of our twins is obsessed with mead so when we saw it, we had to try it!
What did you do about the last 3 bucks?
I transferred it over to one of my other gift cards.
So true!!! And it's short, alot of it is outside. Maybe they expect eventually the wait to not be that long?
Maybe....I just don't get it. It really feels like they cheaped out on it.
It was dated before it even opened since they literally cloned the France one.
I wasn't much of a fan. I'd certainly never wait in line for it again.
My college girlfriend's husband designed it!!!! I love bragging for him. ha.
He did an amazing job!
Yeah!!! Glad you guys liked them!!! They aren't your normal ribs. And they do fall off the bones!
I thought of Gwen saying you had to go to Morimoto so she could get the ribs. I knew I had to try them after her rave reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!