Sunscreen Question

viking042900

Mouseketeer
We''l be at WDW in November this year, and having never been to Florida in the fall or winter, I'm not sure whether or not we will need sunscreen. I know in SC and GA can go out all day in the fall and not need it, but thinking there may be enough of a latitude change to make it necesary.

Thanks

Hi, We have been to Disney in November and December and I put sun screen on my kids every day. Unless its really cold out and we are in sweat shirts then I just put a little on their faces. Hope this helps
Lisa

My recommendation would be to use sunscreen any day you'll be outdoors. It doesn't matter if it's cloudy - you can still get a sunburn on a cloudy day!

I'm a big proponent of sunscreen every day; I have had two relatives in the 20s get melanoma, and am pretty paranoid about sunscreen now. Sorry to get on a soapbox, but I think everyone should wear sunscreen every day!

I agree that sunscreen year round is important. I typically wear a lotion with a low SPF in the winter at home is SC. In Florida it's still warm enough for shorts and short sleeve clothes in October and November so more skin is exposed. However, the shear volume of sun exposure time to me warrants the use of a higher SPF sunscreen while at WDW. We use and re-apply 30 SPF or higher throughout the day regardless of the time of year we go.

Ok, thanks. I was hoping for different answers so it would be one less thing to deal with, but I'll heed you guys' advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter