Sunday or Monday visit?

Penmac

Mouseketeer
We are trying to work out our one day visit to Universal around Disney days later in our planning week. We like to take some down days in between to relax, so it's looking like we need to choose our park-to-park rope drop to close visit day on either Sunday or Monday (late August).

I am struggling to decide what to do. Sunday would work better for the flow of our park days overall, but it is more expensive and we have 5 kids. For 7 tickets, that adds up to be a noticeable difference in price. I don't mind paying more if it's the right day, but my worry is the weekend. I don't want to pay extra to be there on a more crowded day. Does anyone know if the weekends tend to be noticeably more crowded than a Monday at end of August? I know it's impossible to predict on any given day, but any trends would be helpful to know. Example, I know MK tends to be more crowded on Mondays than Sundays and I have found that to be true in our experiences over the years. I am wondering if Sunday would be lighter because the price is higher, but also thinking it could be the opposite since the locals will not be in school on a Sunday.

Thanks!

Price is higher Sunday because Universal expects it to be more crowded. I would pick Mon, I imagine it will be significantly lower crowds due to kids in school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter