Summer Vacation Time - San Diego, Hotel Del Coronado, Catalina, and of course DL

Alright we're now down to seven days. Here is a pic I posted on the DL pic of the day thread. Here is how we like to countdown the days...(oh yeah we ran out of letters for some of the words :) )

IMG_2370.jpg

I'm here!!

I hadn't realized that you had started this or I would have been here sooner!!

Alright we're now down to seven days. Here is a pic I posted on the DL pic of the day thread. Here is how we like to countdown the days...(oh yeah we ran out of letters for some of the words :) )

IMG_2370.jpg

LOVE :love: your countdown. Everytime you open the fridge, I like to think of you and your family smiling and doing the happy dance. :yay:

Time is flying by, seems like you just posted that pic on the POTD thread...
I'm very excited for you all!! :yay:

Lori

We did the SeaLife Aquarium today. Adults were 19.99 and it was $10 more to add Legoland but we declined. It took us over 2.5 hours to walk thru the mini aquarium. To put it in perspective I have been to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago (awesome!) and the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey California (also very good). The KC one was good/okay. It is not world class but it had enough to keep us busy and entertained. It was my wife, youngest daughter (14) and I and we all agreed it was worth the money. This is contrary to what I have heard before from others. Here are some pics...

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2508-2.jpg

On Friday I took the lens (10-22) out to one of my favorite spots lately (Weatherby Lake). We have so many wonderful lakes up in North KC. I think its me missing the Pacific Ocean again. There is some kind of love affair I have with it. I can't wait to get back out there again.

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2403-1.jpg

IMG_2406-1.jpg

Thanks for you feedback on the new aquarium here in town. We didn't even realize it was open until we picked up a travel brochure in a DQ in western Kansas! :lmao: I guess they better get moving on their local advertising..... or I better crawl out from under my rock.

I went to school in Chicago, so went to Shedd more times than I can count. If I recall, it used to be free on Tuesdays. I'm just afraid they'e ALL going to come up short for me after that experience. We went to the Denver Aquarium and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't that impressed..... until I remembered Shedd.

I love the bicycle photo. My husband is a bicycle fanatic so I have become bicycle oriented.

I love the bicycle photo. My husband is a bicycle fanatic so I have become bicycle oriented.

My daughter is a big fan of this bike as well. We plan on getting her one for her birthday in September. She loves the old style of it and the basket up front. She's an old spirit in a young womans body.

I'm following - looking forward to your updates - your photos are so clear :thumbsup2

Thanks for the comment on the pics. I do get lucky now and again. I will tell you that for every decent photo there are several bad ones. Nature of the beast I guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Love the pics Mike! The aquarium shots are hard to get, your's are very clear.. The one in Monterey is very nice, but the best one I have been to is the Maui Ocean Center, on Maui. It's so Awesome!!

Love the bicycle pic too... :goodvibes

Lori

Very nice pics from the aquarium and using the 10-22 lens pictures look very nice. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter