Summer Sun, Libations, and Yetis July 2019 (Updated September 30th)

I’m very jealous of that cupcake!

Was this your first time at Hanger Bar? Have you ever taken time to look at the details? There are lots of nods to Indiana Jones, many that only a big fan might notice. A local friend of mine was pointing some things out to me the last time I was there. Pretty cool!
Yes my first time at the Hangar Bar. I did look around a little bit but I don’t feel I saw it all. I like Indiana Jones but I’m not a huge fan by any means.

Kevin!

I arrived at Animal Kingdom just before opening and it was Extra Magic Hours. I of course was too late to rope drop Flight of Passage though. I did ride Navi River Journey with pretty much no wait.

IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4889.jpg

I left Pandora and saw the new Otter Grotto! They were swimming up top.

IMG_4895.jpg

Then it was time for my Safari FP. I never get tired of the Safari. They are pushing the Lion King on it now so they'll say stuff like animators traveled to a reserve like this one to get inspiration for the film.

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

All 5 baby giraffes were out.

IMG_4911.jpg

Continued in next post...

Kevin!

I rode Everest twice, one with FP and one with single rider pretty much back to back.

IMG_5589.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

Then I decided to hang out near the Tree of Life to find Kevin. This was a new addition since my last trip so I really wanted to see her.

IMG_4925.jpg

Soon enough she was out!

IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

She was fun to follow around for a bit and watch guest interactions.

Up Next: Hallelujah!

I did have a Space Mountain Fastpass but it was down when I was walking towards it. I of course went to Peoplemover instead.
Good trade-off in my opinion! Space is too rough for me (at WDW at least), but Peoplemover is awesome!
Then it was time for my Safari FP. I never get tired of the Safari. They are pushing the Lion King on it now so they'll say stuff like animators traveled to a reserve like this one to get inspiration for the film.
They need to stop that... we don't need IP in a safari with real animals!

Good trade-off in my opinion! Space is too rough for me (at WDW at least), but Peoplemover is awesome!

They need to stop that... we don't need IP in a safari with real animals!
Yes Peoplemover is the best. I did go on Space later. I still like it.

Completely agree on the Safari.

Did you see the giraffe that was born when you were last on Safari? I'm guessing it looks a little different now...

Do you recommended Sprinkles? Every time I pass by it I’m always tempted to try it but never do.

Also, Kevin is such a great character interaction because walkaround characters are not common at WDW and it’s a nice change from the standard meet and greet locations.

Do you recommended Sprinkles? Every time I pass by it I’m always tempted to try it but never do.

Also, Kevin is such a great character interaction because walkaround characters are not common at WDW and it’s a nice change from the standard meet and greet locations.
I LOVE Sprinkles. I only can get it when I am in Disney or if I head to Chicago. They have cupcake sundaes that are really good.

Yes Kevin is so much fun!

Hallelujah!

So I had brunch scheduled at Homecomin' on this day and there isn't an easy way to get to Disney Springs from AK. I usually save one Minnie Van per trip as sort of a splurge. I chose to use that here.

IMG_4932.jpg

Minnie Vans are certainly really expensive compared to Uber or Lyft but its nice having a Disney CM as your "guide".

Soon enough I was at the Springs. I was dropped off on the West Side. NBA Experience is coming along. Later this week the store part would open.

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

Then I arrived at Homecomin'! I am a big fan of this place so I was excited to try brunch for the first time.

IMG_4936.jpg

I ordered the Sweet Tea Shine which is basically a Sweet Tea flavored moonshine. It was quite good as I love sweet tea. I also noticed that Chef Art Smith was in the restaurant! He was dining with what I assume to be friends or family so I didn't bother for a picture.

For my meal I ordered the Hallelujah Biscuit!

IMG_4937.jpg

Oh my was this good! Egg on top of fried chicken on top of a biscuit with a side of cheesy mashed potatoes! This was definitely something I would recommend and get again!

After my meal I headed back to my room to freshen up and grab a new bottle of water. On my way back you could see some of the room refurb work going on.

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4940.jpg

Once I was ready to go I headed to the bus stop to head to Epcot for the afternoon!

IMG_4942.jpg

Up Next: Saying goodbye...

I'm glad Delta worked out for you, we have a layover in Atlanta as well. The otter grotto looks like fun, I have to remember to stop by when we go.

I'm glad Delta worked out for you, we have a layover in Atlanta as well. The otter grotto looks like fun, I have to remember to stop by when we go.
Yeah I was pleased with Delta. I actually just booked my return November flight on Delta because it is cheaper than Southwest.

I personally prefer Delta since they fly direct from Detroit. Southwest no longer offers direct flights from Detroit to Orlando.

How did you find the pricing at Homecomin'? Similar to Polite Pig pricing?

I personally prefer Delta since they fly direct from Detroit. Southwest no longer offers direct flights from Detroit to Orlando.

How did you find the pricing at Homecomin'? Similar to Polite Pig pricing?
Delta doesn’t fly direct for me unfortunatelyz

I have yet to eat at Polite Pig so I’m not certain. Homecomin is a Table service whereas polite pig is a counter service. I’ve never had an issue with pricing at Homecomin though.

I’m joining in. I’m glad to see Saratoga getting some love, I don’t see it mentioned much, but it looks so beautiful and peaceful. I’m so jealous you go to see Art Smith, the food is so good here, I just love it.

I’m joining in. I’m glad to see Saratoga getting some love, I don’t see it mentioned much, but it looks so beautiful and peaceful. I’m so jealous you go to see Art Smith, the food is so good here, I just love it.
Yes I think Saratoga is great for a more quiet relaxed vacation. Homecomin' is one of my favorites!

I love Homecomin! I would probably put it in my top 5 WDW restaraunts. There church lady deviled eggs are to die for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!