Summer Sun, Libations, and Yetis July 2019 (Updated September 30th)

I wasn’t sure of Forky going into the movie but I really liked him!

I felt the exact same way!!! I really thought he was going to end up being super obnoxious, but now my entire family is obsessed with Forky!

Lounge life!

I decided to walk from DHS to the Boardwalk and catch a Animal Kingdom bus from there. Skyliner station is coming along. Disney has announced September 29th but I suspect people will be riding before that.

IMG_5041.jpg

I don't have photos but man the Boardwalk lobby was packed! I have never seen it that full of people before.

Soon enough I was at Animal Kingdom though.

IMG_5043.jpg

I will never not get tired of this view.

IMG_5045.jpg

First order of business was the safari! Bare with me as I have a lot of photos so this will have a few updates.

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

Rhino was trying to hide from us...

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

The giraffes were pretty active on this safari.

Continued in next post...

After my safari I headed over to Everest for my next FP! I love the Tree of Life.

IMG_5063.jpg

Front row!

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5302.JPG

Next stop Nomad Lounge!

IMG_5068.jpg

I don't remember what the drink was I ordered but it was good.

IMG_5066.jpg

I also ordered the Tiffins bread service. I love Tiffins so this was a nice snack.

IMG_5067.jpg

Then I moved onto Satuli Canteen. I was hoping to make the Festival of the Lion King but I just missed it so I headed back and grabbed a Grogs Ale and the blue cheesecake because I love it.

IMG_5069.jpg

Flight of Passage was next!

IMG_5070.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

Let's uh... Fly!

I headed off towards FOTLK to catch the next show. Club 33 construction is moving along.

IMG_5073.jpg

Up Next: The Best Show is Still Best

Great updates. It looks like an awesome trip! Any suggestions for Saratoga? I'm staying with my friends at Poly for 2 nights in September, but they have use it or lose it DVC points so they're getting me my own room at Saratoga (where I can't easily wake them up early) the last 2 nights of the trip. I haven't stayed there before, but it looks nice.

Last edited:
Great updates. It looks like an awesome trip! Any suggestions for Saratoga? I'm staying with my friends at Poly for 2 nights in September, but they have use it or lose it DVC points so they're getting me my own room at Saratoga (where I can't easily wake them up early) the last 2 nights of the trip. I haven't stayed there before, but it looks nice.
It’s very nice. I’d try and get a room either close to a pool or maybe try for the building I was in close to Disney Springs. It’s a great place to stay. I didn’t eat at the artist palette this time but it’s just like any other resort quick service. Disney Springs being so close is great for dining.

Fantastic Safari photos! I love that attraction so much.

Need to try Tiffins - haven't been in there yet. Pretty pricey for a meal but I guess you can just pop in and get a drink and some appetizers without an ADR, correct?

I haven't seen Toy Story 4, so I don't get any of this Forky trash stuff, but ... I like Forky and I'm excited that they put him in Toy Story Land.

Your safari pictures are amazing! So many giraffe pictures!!!

I still haven't been on Flights of Passage. Probably won't get on it in February either since that's a short trip. I really should probably try it eventually, right?

I don't know which one is which but last time I saw one of these babies his leg was hanging from his mother as he was being born ;)

Me too! This past January. Super amazing and kind of gross! :crazy2:
Enjoying the trip report....

Fantastic Safari photos! I love that attraction so much.

Need to try Tiffins - haven't been in there yet. Pretty pricey for a meal but I guess you can just pop in and get a drink and some appetizers without an ADR, correct?

Thanks!

Tiffins is connected to Nomad lounge. At nomad you can order drinks or appetizers so if you don’t want the full meal this is great option.

I haven't seen Toy Story 4, so I don't get any of this Forky trash stuff, but ... I like Forky and I'm excited that they put him in Toy Story Land.

Your safari pictures are amazing! So many giraffe pictures!!!

I still haven't been on Flights of Passage. Probably won't get on it in February either since that's a short trip. I really should probably try it eventually, right?

Yeah I am glad that Toy Story Land can add things like that.

Yes definitely try FoP eventually.
Me too! This past January. Super amazing and kind of gross! :crazy2:
Enjoying the trip report....
Awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter