Summer of Heroes - June 2017 Lifestyle/Weight loss Challenge

June 29th

avengers-full-house-video.jpg

Question of the day -- This group needs to rely on each other to save the day. Who helps you save the day?

My husband broke is toe on Sunday too. I have had to force him to take it easy at least for a few days.

Oh no! Wishing him a speedy recovery as well!

Have you ever gone through your bank statements to check your spending on takeout - and what you thought you were spending on groceries? I just did that and WOW :scared1: - I am way overspending on groceries than what I thought and Takeout for the last month just left me gobsmacked.

YEP!!! And it was horrifying!!!! It adds up sooooo quick. We are trying to do better, but it's hard - for DH especially.

--------------------------

It's been a crazy past few days over here. My cousin fell and cut her arm quite deep while we were out shopping Tuesday night, so off to the emergency room. Turns out she cut tendons, so off to surgery yesterday morning. So needless to say, stress and sleep deprivation are the themes of the day. We got her set up back at home late last night, so I am back to work today. Yeesh! A day late, but Woohoo everything went well and she should recover just fine. And when life gives you lemons.... since she was laid up in bed and we had nothing to do yesterday but sit in the hospital and talk, we have our Disney trip planned out for August with our extended family. I've never gone with a group this big (16 of us total!), but it should be crazy in a good way and super fun.

QOTD: Same as you @piglet1979 -- When my husband is on track, he's a great partner and motivator. But when either one of us is lazy or wanting to make debatable food choices, the other one of us folds way to easily and we end up off the rails

QOTD: Its been just me hanging out there by myself (aside from the support of you awesome people :thumbsup2). But I am now building a support system by developing a closer relationship with my (new) doctor and doing the 12 week program with the Nutritionist, plus partaking in classes at the yoga studio (so far not actual yoga, but other healing things). I just ordered one of the books the nutritionist has written that covers her 21 day anti-inflammation program and also has 75 recipes... since I am now resigned to cooking for myself. I see her for the first time middle of next week, so that'll give me a couple days to start going thru it beforehand.

Already looking forward to the weekend and have a couple things in mind. In the crafty community I'm in there's a focus on mending and repairing as well as making your own clothing... I've been thinking for a couple years that I need a new sofa but was looking closely at it last week and realized I just need to rebuild the seat cushions and make a slip cover for it, so mend and repair it rather than get rid of it. This weekend I'm going to start working on the seat cushions, which will mean adding new foam and batting. I do for sure need a new bed though, so will probably go shopping for that in order to take advantage of the 4th of July sales. Then its strip mining the kitchen and getting everything cleaned out and organized in anticipation of working with the nutritionist. I feel like I've done this cleaning exercise multiple times, but the fridge and pantry still seem to be full of stuff.

Man, yesterday I had 9010 steps and the day before 9794, but totally forget to check and see how close I was (would have done some walking in place to get there) so I haven't quite hit 10,000 yet but I'm sneaking up on it.

Some how at some point the conversation with my hairdresser turned from "touch up my roots" to "bleach me back to blonde". I'm not sure when that happened, but this morning I am in fact platinum blonde. I think I like it but I'm kind of on the fence... I think when I go int he next time and we put some cool low lights back in it'll be what I'm searching for.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Eat healthy my friends.

QOTD- My DH if it is something like the wifi, car, sprinklers..he is good at solving things he can "fix". He is not one to ever be there for any of my health issues, kid issues, anything emotional or personal, no support for anything like that really ... I am pretty much on my own when it comes to that stuff. My kids are great but they don't get "struggles". they are 18 and 21, everything is great and easy in their world. My best friend has got alot on her plate this last yr and I think right now I am trying to be there for her.

Question of the day -- This group needs to rely on each other to save the day. Who helps you save the day?
My DH helps me save the day for the most part. Sometimes I feel bad for him because he doesn't want to tell me no don't eat that but he knows I am trying to lose weight and I will feel really bad about eating it later. But I know I couldn't do this without his love and support.

After months and months (ok maybe years) I am finally going to the doctor for a check up this afternoon. I have to have a doctor sign off before running in Europe, so thanks runDisney for giving me the extra push. I am really nervous but I can't put it off any longer.

Who helps you save the day?

Eating Healty/Getting Active - no-one really its all on me. For other things depending on what it is it can be my kids or my parents - my parents have done a lot to help out with the kids when I started going to university and working full time when I graduated. Without that help I just don't know how I would have made it all work. Chatting with all of you helps some days - it just helps to read the chatter of kind people all around the world on the same journey who understand.

It's been a crazy past few days over here. My cousin fell and cut her arm quite deep while we were out shopping Tuesday night, so off to the emergency room. Turns out she cut tendons, so off to surgery yesterday morning. So needless to say, stress and sleep deprivation are the themes of the day. We got her set up back at home late last night, so I am back to work today. Yeesh! A day late, but Woohoo everything went well and she should recover just fine. And when life gives you lemons.... since she was laid up in bed and we had nothing to do yesterday but sit in the hospital and talk, we have our Disney trip planned out for August with our extended family. I've never gone with a group this big (16 of us total!), but it should be crazy in a good way and super fun.

Of that sounds awful - one minute fun girl time next scary injury and surgery! Hope she recovers with good use of that arm. Your family Disney trip sounds like lots of fun.

since I am now resigned to cooking for myself. I see her for the first time middle of next week, so that'll give me a couple days to start going thru it beforehand.

Good luck with the dietician - and your new focus on cooking :-)

Man, yesterday I had 9010 steps and the day before 9794, but totally forget to check and see how close I was (would have done some walking in place to get there) so I haven't quite hit 10,000 yet but I'm sneaking up on it.

So close! I have no doubt you will get there very soon.

Some how at some point the conversation with my hairdresser turned from "touch up my roots" to "bleach me back to blonde".

hahaha those hairdressers sneak up on you sometimes .... Bet it looks great though.

After months and months (ok maybe years) I am finally going to the doctor for a check up this afternoon. I have to have a doctor sign off before running in Europe, so thanks runDisney for giving me the extra push. I am really nervous but I can't put it off any longer.

That is very thorough of them - but then again needing to access medical assistance in other countries can be costly. I get you feeling nervous - you are a busy mother with lots of people to care for - we often put off looking after ourselves but at the same time worry about something happening to us, hoping it all goes well for you. But I am positive it will be fine - think of all the great work you have done to improve your health and all that running you do. :hug: :-)

June 30th

Sorry for no picture again. Work is killing me right now. Question of the day -- How did your month go? Did you meet your goal?

It looks like we do not have a host for July. Any takers? Work has me super busy right now so I don't think I can take on July right now.

Sorry for no picture again. Work is killing me right now. Question of the day -- How did your month go? Did you meet your goal?

Hope work settles down for you soon. QOTD: It has been a horrible month goal wise for me. I am just so out of control this year with eating and spending. THAT all MUST change none of it is sustainable and it all it is doing is causing me anxiety and worry about where I am headed in both aspects - certainly nowhere I truly want to be.

It looks like we do not have a host for July. Any takers? Work has me super busy right now so I don't think I can take on July right now.

I will wait till a little later today and if no-one else volunteers - I will attempt it - Once I get back to work in a weeks time it will be crazy busy for me also... so questions etc may be more hit and miss than usual from me. Is July a typically quiet month though - with many of you on summer break?

How did your month go? Did you meet your goal?
My month went pretty well, I lost 9lbs and have stuck to my no added sugar lifestyle.

I will wait till a little later today and if no-one else volunteers - I will attempt it - Once I get back to work in a weeks time it will be crazy busy for me also... so questions etc may be more hit and miss than usual from me. Is July a typically quiet month though - with many of you on summer break?

If you want I can split the month with you. I am on vacation the first week but after that I am happy to host.

Hope work settles down for you soon. QOTD: It has been a horrible month goal wise for me. I am just so out of control this year with eating and spending. THAT all MUST change none of it is sustainable and it all it is doing is causing me anxiety and worry about where I am headed in both aspects - certainly nowhere I truly want to be.

This is normal for me. I work with scholarships for colleges and the deadline for students to turn in their renewal paperwork (roughly 800 students) was today. They all wait until the last week to turn everything in. They have know since Easter when the deadline was. We have received about 400 emails this week plus a ton of students mailing and dropping of their stuff. Once september rolls round it slows down and by October I am board out of my mind until the fall semester is over and they have to turn in their grades to get their spring payments. Things are better this year for 2 reasons. We upped the deadline from mid July to the end of June. This gives us all of July to process all of this paperwork. The second is in the past it was just me doing this and also working with the incoming freshmen that need to come in to the office. Last year we hired someone to help me because it was getting to be too much for just me. Last year I was training her so this year she has been able to help more.

I wanted to give @HappyGrape and @Piglet1979 a great big :thanks::rainbow: for their joint first turns at hosting. It has been a great month with lots of support, thought prompting and inspiration along the way.

I have put up the thread for July https://www.disboards.com/threads/we’re-all-going-on-a-summer-holiday-to-the-disney-parks-wish-july-lifestyle-challenge.3615158/ - Hope you are ok with the theme @MommaoffherRocker - such a rushed start to the month - I thought this would be an easy one to share back and forth :-) An of course I can pretend I am there haha

June wrap-up: can't remember if I mentioned it already but I'm giving myself 75% for the month: 100% for getting going with the nutritionist and 50% for getting going with the yoga studio, since I've decided to hold off on actual yoga for a bit.

Thanks to @HappyGrape and @piglet1979 for hosting a fun June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!