summer concerts -- what (if anything) are you seeing?

rubyslipperlover

<font color=red>Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>w
we've got tickets to Jesse McCartney, Green Day and American Idols. it's going to be a busy summer.

Duran Duran in Indy on July 24...got backstage passes too!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: Tickets go on sale June 3, it's a small venue so I hope they don't sell out before I get my tix. It would REALLY bite to have backstage passes and not be able to get in the doors to use them!

Kenny Chesney in July...Larry the Cable Guy...bout it..slowest concert summer for me ever.

Hillary Duff - July 18th (DD thinks I'm the best Mom ever :love1: )

Toby Keith - August 9th

Bowling for Soup - September 4th

And of course a couple of local bands here and there...

We're seeing Carole King and Crosby Stills & Nash. I wanted to see Paul McCartney but wasn't quick enough on the draw, and I'm sure not paying upward of $800 per ticket. :rolleyes:

Rascal Flatts - June 16
Kenny Chesney - July 21st
Kenny Chesney/Keith Urban/Gretchen Wilson/?? - July 23 (New england country music fest)

Carole King here as well, Danny Gans in Vegas, and just bought tickets for DS to see the Dave Matthews Band. I'd really love to seem them, but don't want to cramp DS' style by having his mom rocking out to DMB :flower:

Beach Boys at Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA in August and Neil Diamond in August in Phila.

Duran Duran - July 30th

Motley Crue - August 19th (although I am thinking of skipping this one since I will be 4 mos. pregnant and it's general admission and I know I am not going to want to be standing for so long)

Shelby5514 - did you do the VIP package for DD?

snoopy said:
We're seeing Carole King and Crosby Stills & Nash. I wanted to see Paul McCartney but wasn't quick enough on the draw, and I'm sure not paying upward of $800 per ticket. :rolleyes:

sigh. I'd love to see Carole King or CSN.

unfortunately the only McCartney my dd's are interested in is Jesse...

I am going to the Rolling Stones, and along with them will be Tragically Hip, Maroon 5, and others that they haven't announced yet.

coliebird said:
Duran Duran - July 30th

Shelby5514 - did you do the VIP package for DD?

No, I didn't, my sister got the backstage passes through her contact at the record company but since it's such a small venue (only 2500 seats) they couldn't get the actual tix. From what it appears the VIP sold very well for Indy. Should be a great show!

This summer I'm going to a special tribute to Disneyland event at the Hollywood Bowl, does that count??

As for actual rock concerts, I have tickets for:
Coldplay 8/20
Oasis 9/12
U2 11/2 & 11/4

I saw Erasure a few weeks ago and U2 twice in April. For any U2 fans on the Dis...visit the tour thread. U2 - Vertigo Tour

Dizneyholic said:
As for actual rock concerts, I have tickets for:

Oasis 9/12[/URL]
Oasis is touring!? I'm going to have to look into that!!!

I'm hoping to see Black Eyed Peas when they come for a free concert July 2.

We have tickets for Keith Urban but we aren't going to be able to use them because we'll living in FLORIDA by then!!!
whoohoo.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!