Summer '22 - Riviera and Poly DVC stay

JenB2014

Earning My Ears
Intros and overview of the trip!

Hello everyone.
Long time lurker here starting my first trip report. As I write we are one week into a two week trip and having a great time (mostly!).

To introduce ourselves, I'm J and travelling with my husband JD and our girls, E and C. We are from the UK and this is our sixth trip (I think) and our second since becoming DVC owners. We have three home resorts - CCV, BC and Poly. This time we stayed one night at Vero Beach on the drive up from Miami airport, followed by four nights at the Riviera and then nine nights at the Poly.

We were last here only at Easter so two, two week trips in one year! Mainly because we had some catching up to do after COVID!

About me:
Favourite resort: Poly 💖
Favourite ride: Guardians of the Galaxy!
Favourite restaurant: Capt. cooks for the nachos! And Bon Voyage breakfast when open.

I'll tell you a bit more about the family as I go along!

Day 1 Vero Beach

This trip we flew to Miami rather than Orlando because it was far cheaper! We couldn't decide what to do for the first night as it always seems a waste of points to book a DVC resort but a few ago we decided to waitlist for one night at Vero as it's a couple of hours from Miami and we thought it would be good to try it out and maybe stay longer on future trips.

The flight was fine (but long!) and immigration was amazing as we splurged on Global Entry after the awful experience at MCO on our last trip. So glad we did that! Car hire was great with Avis Preferred and we were soon on our way.

We got to Vero around 10pm (3am in the UK) so we were exhausted but the room was lovely and we planned to spend the following morning relaxing at the resort before heading up to Orlando.

Joining in! We've been tossing around a stay at Vero as well, and am anxious to hear how you liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter