Sulake?

Jasonbobdude

That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!
I've thought a bit about if Sulake has anything to do with VMK closing. Some people have said maybe Disney and Sulake had a contract that is expiring, which would make sense considering that they are saying things like "VMK has lasted longer than we planned" and things like that. I wrote one letter to Sulake a few days simply asking for information about the closing and I have yet to get a response. I was wondering if anyone else has written to them. The website/email addresses for Sulake are:

http://www.sulake.com
info@sulake.com

Master Waffles, this is probably the only post I will ever see from you about being serious! :lmao:

I too have been looking at the Sulake side of things; however, I would think that Disney would not be stupid and would have lawyered-up at the beginning of their venture with Sulake and maintained all rights to the name "VMK" and everything else that made the game part of the Disney-magic.

Of course, Disney could have been stupid. They are stupid in their decision to shut down VMK after all. ;)

Sulake created VMK then pretty much left it for Disney to take control, I'm guessing?

From my understanding Disney owns VMK but Sulake owns the "engine" (coding) that the site runs off of. Disney owns all the copyrights graphics so on. Kind of like Disney owning the car body and Sulake owning the engine-need both for the car to work properly.

Bug

Great - now I am sad about VMK and I miss LOST - tyvm

:rotfl:

Your welcome. :thumbsup2

What I meant was that Sulake is a puppet organization for Disney, much like Mittelwork is to the Hanso Foundation.

*cough* see community board for my news about Lost *cough*

Back on VMK topic, people :)

Oh, and Pirate-Emery? I saw you at that other site again ;) I like Grey's Anatomy btw rofl

Just looked through the Sulake website and found this little jewel:

Par teams with Habbo for promos
January 29, 2008 Paramount Pictures Digital Entertainment and Habbo, the teen-centric virtual world, have inked a deal to create and merchandize virtual goods based on at least three of the studio's films. Habbo has 1.8 million North American teens among its 8 million-strong global community and in the coming months will introduce a number of Paramount-licensed virtual accessories, including themed virtual clothing and furniture. Timo Soininen, CEO of Habbo's parent company Sulake, noted that individual musicians, actors and entertainment properties have appearanced in Habbo in the past.

Wow! That Paramount is BRILLIANT!! Create and merchandize virtual goods based on upcoming studio films!! Virtual accessories, clothing AND furniture. Now that is pure marketing genius.

And who wants to tell me the VMK business model doesn't make any profit?? OK so what is there next excuse??

Oh, and Pirate-Emery? I saw you at that other site again ;) I like Grey's Anatomy btw rofl

We don't speak about that site. Namely, because there is no filter: there is no Aengus looking at me funny over there. ;)

:rolleyes1

I wrote to Sulake too, asking if they could give me any informations concerning a game called VMK and I got no reply -_-

January 29, 2008 Paramount Pictures Digital Entertainment and Habbo, the teen-centric virtual world, have inked a deal to create and merchandize virtual goods based on at least three of the studio's films. Habbo has 1.8 million North American teens among its 8 million-strong global community and in the coming months will introduce a number of Paramount-licensed virtual accessories, including themed virtual clothing and furniture. Timo Soininen, CEO of Habbo's parent company Sulake, noted that individual musicians, actors and entertainment properties have appearanced in Habbo in the past.

Wow! That Paramount is BRILLIANT!! Create and merchandize virtual goods based on upcoming studio films!! Virtual accessories, clothing AND furniture. Now that is pure marketing genius.

And who wants to tell me the VMK business model doesn't make any profit?? OK so what is there next excuse??

Hmm. Now, seeing that story it makes me really wonder if it really IS all a contract thing. Why would they start signing deals with Paramount if they still had contracts with Disney? The timing seems to work out that things are ending with Disney just as they're starting with Paramount. Iiiiinteresting....

Yep. Disney has just failed to market and capitalize as much as they could on VMK.

Yep. Disney has just failed to market and capitalize as much as they could on VMK.

I'm not trying to bash Disney or anything, but they definitely have a long history of doing just that. I really think they need to rethink who they have dealing with marketing and promotions. If not for the fact that they generally have things in the bag simply because of name recognition, they would be long gone. But sometimes I think they're a little too dependent on the fact that they are such a household name.

Anyone notice Habbo advertising just below this thread!!!!! :scared1:

I'm terrified ,this was the first one I saw too!

I'm not trying to bash Disney or anything, but they definitely have a long history of doing just that. I really think they need to rethink who they have dealing with marketing and promotions. If not for the fact that they generally have things in the bag simply because of name recognition, they would be long gone. But sometimes I think they're a little too dependent on the fact that they are such a household name.

I agree. Their marketing department overall is very lacking. If I were running things, I would have fired the staff and hired new a long time ago.

OT:
Are you still needing a red turnstile, People Mover, Skyway pins and dream ears? If so, I have some for you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter