Suggestions on where to stay if only in town for 1 night going to Halloween Party

itsdisneytime

oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?
I am hoping someone can help me with my racing ideas. I am trying to make the best of a very limited amount of time. My DD and I are taking a very short Halloween Cruise and we had 1 extra day to play with before heading back to college so we decided to get MNSSHP tickets which now means we are going to stay in Florida that night rather than fly home as planned. I will have access to transportation so staying on site is not necessarily a must.
I am tossing around options for efficiency of time but I am also trying to wrap my head around the fact that we literally will be heading to our room around 1am and checking out at 10am so I am also trying to reel myself in about how much I really think I should be spending for 9 hours of sleep. Where would you stay if you were me?

Really personal presence, but I would either book a value that I liked, normally I would say the Hyatt at the airport but I think at 1am I just want to be in bed as quick as possible!

Truthfully, for 1 night arriving very late and leaving before really having time to do anything I would look for a decent place off site for about $100-200 For me, this would be a Marriott or Hyatt brand possibly to help build up my stay/points.

I’d look at onsite first, just to reduce travel time. In addition to the Disney values and moderates, look at Swan/Dolphin. For offsite, look at the Disney Springs hotels and the several relatively new hotels in the Flamingo Crossings development.

I’m doing 3 nights just to go to party, add two park days. I’ve been all offsite for years now but this trip am doing AllStar Sports.

1) I’m kinda picky off-site and the best I could do $ wise is Hampton Inn - for same price as Disney.

2) Done many parties, even staying offsite and at moment I think it’s safer to take the bus back rather than travel to TTC, walk through parking lot and drive to offsite hotel & parking lot so late.

Check prices - might help decide .

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I really need to just write down some options I suppose and sort of old fashioned pro v con them ha ha

I think it just depends what your budget is. On party nights, we would always prefer to stay at CR or GF since you can walk to and from MK (there is nothing worse than waiting forever for a bus after the party when you have to get going super early in the morning). Sometimes that's in our budget and sometimes it's not. If it's not in your budget, value or moderate would be fine too. I wouldn't stay offsite personally because transportation is frustrating from MK when you're not staying onsite IMO (since you have to go to the TTC first).

I would probably just pick the cheapest WDW value available for that night so you can utilize the bus back to the resort. Getting to TTC after the party to get your car and then drive to an offsite hotel might make for a very long night. I personally would spend a few extra dollars for a little more sleep.

I’d look at onsite first, just to reduce travel time. In addition to the Disney values and moderates, look at Swan/Dolphin. For offsite, look at the Disney Springs hotels and the several relatively new hotels in the Flamingo Crossings development.
I did EMH until 1 am at MK when staying at the Swolphin. It took me an hour to get back to my car, drive back to the hotel, get back to the room, etc. If you have a car, I think Flamingo Crossing could be your most economical option. Without a car, go for a cheap Value or Mod room.

Having once waited in a VERY long line (close to and hour) for a bus back to a Disney value resort after a party, I agree with stay at Flamingo Crossing hotel and drive.

I am tossing around options for efficiency of time but I am also trying to wrap my head around the fact that we literally will be heading to our room around 1am and checking out at 10am so I am also trying to reel myself in about how much I really think I should be spending for 9 hours of sleep. Where would you stay if you were me?
With these time constraints, I recommend booking either the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian if you can. Exhaustion is not your friend when traveling the next day. Spend the money and arrive safely and better rested, IMO.

Getting out of the MK at party's end will probably take more time than you anticipate as many as stay to the bitter end. With a car, you'll still have to get back to the huge MK parking lot at the TTC and from there to wherever you're staying. Could easily take an hour or more.

The Contemporary is a mere 10-minute walk from the MK, the Grand's great new walkway about 15 minutes.

You'll be dreaming Disney dreams far sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter