Suggestions on Timing

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
Hey, I get to book my ADRs tomorrow! I had forgotten it goes to 190 days for being onsite.

Anyway, I know where we want to eat every day. What I don't know is what TIME to eat. So, here's the plan...

Wed, 6/1: 1/2 day afternoon @ AK. Dinner at Boma. 7p?
Thurs 6/2: Full day @ MK (with afternoon rest hopefully).
Fri 6/3: Waterpark, BLT pool. Dinner @ Ohana. 8P? (and catch fireworks?)
Sat 6/4: DHS. Rope Drop with DS(7) (afternoon break possible). H&V F! package (and maybe give the tix away). 6P?
Sun 6/5: Full day at Epcot. Dinner @ Teppon Edo for DD(13) Bday! 6P?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Cast: Myself, DW, DD(12-13), DS(7), DD(5), DGma, DGpa

Staying @ BLT with Dining Plan (remaining TS meal will probably be Chef Mickey's for Bfast on either 6/3 or 6/6).

TIA.

I think the times you questioned sound reasonable based on your plans!! The only issue I'd see is if your kids get cranky after a full day (like the waterpark day) and not want to get ready to go back out once they get to the hotel (mine would be like that-don't know how yours are). :) The 8pm time slot would be too late for my crabby boys, but you know what works best for your!

Hey, I get to book my ADRs tomorrow! I had forgotten it goes to 190 days for being onsite.

Sorry, that is incorrect. It's 180 days for everyone. Onsite guests can then make their reservations for an additional 10 days beyond their arrival date.

Calculate 180 days before June 1st and you'll have the first day you can actually call.

I used http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php to figure out what that 180 days is, and it's December 3rd.

Sorry, that is incorrect. It's 180 days for everyone. Onsite guests can then make their reservations for an additional 10 days beyond their arrival date.

Calculate 180 days before June 1st and you'll have the first day you can actually call.

I used http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php to figure out what that 180 days is, and it's December 3rd.
That's what I was thinking (beginning of December). Figured I've have this holiday week to figure stuff out. BUT, when I went to the online ADR site, May 31 was available, but June 1 wasn't (greyed out in the calendar). :confused3 Figure I'll try tomorrow. It should take about 2-3 minutes, so no big harm if it doesn't work.

Personally I like to schedule the meal times for close to what we do at home.

It is important to try and keep a schedule with little ones. (and the older ones...lol)

So take that into consideration. Will everyone be ok with eating later than normal? Or earlier than normal?

Also think about if you will be going back to the resort in the afternoon. What we do is schedule dinner for early evening, that way we head right to dinner after our afternoon break.

Good luck, have fun!!

Good idea Nadjalu. We eat ~6p on weekends and between 7 & 8p weeknights (depends on sports, boy scouts, etc). And we're Eastern Time also, so that doesn't factor in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter