Suggestions for transferring reservation to an agent!

robinsa88

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

Looking for some advice on a recommended disney travel agent.

The situation is basically that I booked myself (from down here in Australia) now I find myself wanting to change reservation (just room type) and also have the potential to scout for discounts and ring to arrange.

Unfortunately, I now realise that these involve me making international phone calls that are both expensive, and very inconvenient because of the time difference.

I'd like the recommendation of an agent who you have used, that fits the following criteria:

- Is contactable easily via email and responds quickly to requests
- Will monitor my reservation for discounts, and apply if they fit, or recommend a change to my reservation which could get a good discount
- Will make recommendations on dining BUT still allow me to book ADR by myself (online) as I see fit
- Has an easy transfer process (eg. emails forms, get's them email back and faxes to disney themselves - I do not have access to an international fax machine and some require you to fax the form yourself)

Basically I'm asking for recommendations because after several google searches there are so many 'agents' out there, some offering promotions (eg. gift card for transferring to them) but with less professional looking websites etc. and now I'm just confused!

Thanks in advance!!!

I've booked my entire trip while deployed to the Middle East through Dreams Unlimited- the agent assigned to me was Kerry Mihalik. She responds to emails almost immediately- even on weekends. I booked all of my ADRs myself and just updated her on what they were so she could add it to the itinerary she was creating based on my planned park/resort days. I've been extremely pleased with her and the services she has performed thus far!

Good luck!

For all of you that book and then transfer your reservation over to a travel agent (like I do) be advised that there are now new rules. Received message from my TA over the weekend. Effective immediately all transfers to TAs must be done within the first thirty days of booking, otherwise they will not allow it. Grrrrrr! We generally book pretty last minute and my husband works ER so we are subject to last minute changes. I hate bugging my agent with numerous tweaks but it looks like I'll be forced to if she wants her commission!

Hi all!

Looking for some advice on a recommended disney travel agent.

The situation is basically that I booked myself (from down here in Australia) now I find myself wanting to change reservation (just room type) and also have the potential to scout for discounts and ring to arrange.

Unfortunately, I now realise that these involve me making international phone calls that are both expensive, and very inconvenient because of the time difference.

I'd like the recommendation of an agent who you have used, that fits the following criteria:

- Is contactable easily via email and responds quickly to requests
- Will monitor my reservation for discounts, and apply if they fit, or recommend a change to my reservation which could get a good discount
- Will make recommendations on dining BUT still allow me to book ADR by myself (online) as I see fit
- Has an easy transfer process (eg. emails forms, get's them email back and faxes to disney themselves - I do not have access to an international fax machine and some require you to fax the form yourself)

Basically I'm asking for recommendations because after several google searches there are so many 'agents' out there, some offering promotions (eg. gift card for transferring to them) but with less professional looking websites etc. and now I'm just confused!

Thanks in advance!!!

sending you a Private Message

Thanks everyone, I've received very helpful suggestion both on here and via private message. I very much appreciate the help and have now chosen a travel agent. Very happy with the service so far!

That is true, we can only accept transfers within the first 30 days :( But if there hasn't been a promotion that expired, it can easily be cancelled and re-booked if available! Sometimes saving our clients $$ (Which is ALWAYS good in my book!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter