Suggestions for Adult drinks and casual night

eellis88

DD from Buffalo
One day we are planning on going to AK. Then since it closes we thought about going to see some of the mid-higher end Disney hotels but would like to visit a couple that have a nice/unique lounge, speciality drink worth visiting, etc. Looking for some suggestions from the other adult DIS visitors travelling with no little ones. Thanks !

The lounge at Port Orleans Riverside is nice and Yee Haw Bob is fantastic. He entertains certain nights of the week and is very funny.

I would suggest getting a drink at Victoria Falls (right near Boma - on the level above) in Animal Kingdom Lodge, or at the bar in the Wave at the Contemporary, or get a drink at the Poly pool/Tambu Lounge and watch the fireworks from the Poly beach.

Also Jellyrolls on the boardwalk is fun...definitely casual, but not super-relaxed b/c it is a bit loud - which is part of the fun there. But walking the boardwalk at night is very nice as well.

Specialty drinks have kind of disappeared in recent years but we really enjoy Mizner's Lounge at GF and the Crew Cup at Yachtsmen. Mizner's has a more formal feel and there is an orchestra playing. Crew Cup is more of a pub feel. The lounge at Artist Point (can't remember the name) is pretty nice too.

I do not like Victoria Falls. Everytime we have been there, there have been a lot of families sitting in there waiting for Boma tables so it's hard to find a place to sit. And it's incredibly noisy since it sits right above Boma.

Definitely try the Pina Colava, it is wonderful. You can get it at many places, the Poly being one of them. They also have the Lapu Lapu...very good.

Maybe take a stroll on the beach with drink in hand....ah that is heaven!

We like the Scat Cat Club at POFQ - at least Wed to Sat. The musician there - Elliott Dyson - is the best. No matter where we stay, we usually go there to see him.

Last trip, we did a Monorail Crawl. We started at the Poly, at Tambu Lounge. We had yummy drinks & snacks. Then we went to the GF, but it was a little too mellow & we weren't crazy about the formal feel of it, so we headed over to the Contemporary & finished off the night at The Wave with more drinks & snacks at the bar there.

We also like the bars at Flying Fish & at BlueZoo. We like to have snacks when we have drinks at the bar & those were very good.

The ZooBerry Martini at BlueZoo is delish & the vibe is really cool. At Flying Fish, we had some really nice Pinot Noir one time & a fantastic Lemongrass Martini another time. At Tambu I had the Lapu Lapu just because everyone has gotta try it at least once. But next time, I'm going to try something different. I can't even recall what I had at The Wave for some reason...

My favorite place to hang out is the Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge (next to Artist Point restaurant). They have a nice drink menu, and they also have flatbreads and some to-die-for wings for noshing. They are not on the monorail, but you can get a boat from the Contemporary.

Last fall after AK we headed over to the Boardwalk for dinner and strolled around there for a bit. DBF played one of the boardwalk games and won me a stuffed animal. :) Jellyrolls was a good time. It was taking too long for a DTD bus to show up so, we hopped on the MK bus and hit the fireworks and evening EMH.
This fall we're staying at POFQ and look forward to checking out the entertainment there and POR. :goodvibes Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter