Suggestions for a new board?

Well this wouldn't be a new board, I guess, but I would like to see the cooking and scrapbooking board separated. I love to cook and would love to get "family" reciepies. You know foods your Mother or Grandmothers made. Not stuff you get out of a cookbook. Not that I have anything against scrapbookers but they take up so much space on the co-joined board. Just a thought.

I am not sure that this would be appropriate for the DIS but I think a board that addresses other parts of Florida, the beaches and resorts away from the orlando area would be nice. (Some folks make side trips away from the Orlando area while visiting Florida.)
These posts seem to wind up on the Orlando hotels and attraction board. I find that the info from DiS'ers is very reliable and would like to be able to plan my stays away from WDW area with the benefit of this type of input and to be able to share my experiences with those that may like to know.
The other travel message boards are not as easy to use as the DIS and I find the DIS more friendly than most too.

I agree Artuero. I can't find much info on people's experiences at these vacation homes in the Orlando area. I'd LOVE to hear some of these trip reports. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places???

I'd like to see the off-site accomodations review posts separated from the thread replies into a board or database of its own. It would be so much easier to go to one place where hotels/vacation homes are listed by name- or even area location- than to have to search thru all the boards (or use the search function) and read thru every thread just to learn if a certain hotel is clean, nasty,etc.

We would like to see aboard for those travelling with more than 4 in the party. So many great tips are out there if we could share these in one place.

I am constantly receiving great offers at some really nice looking resorts, the only problem is that you are required to take a 90 minute tour. I have often considered it because the rates are fantastic but I never have. Perhaps you could provide a place for timeshare related questions like; Is it really 90 minutes, is it high pressure, do you really get the rate they quote you. People will also be able to ask Diser's their opinion on timeshare resorts they have stayed at.

I'd like to see a board dedicated to photography. Not just snap shots but of photos techniques and exposures. Where to stand for the best shots of certain attractions.

We have some fabulous photographers on this site and it would be great to be able to share ideas with them.

Someone mentioned about separating the cooking and scrapbooking board. How about combining a scrapbook and photography board

I'll second the suggestion to have a board devoted to vacation home rentals. There are a lot of things to be aware of and numerous developments to consider that are totally different than what one has to do to rent a hotel.

Steve

I'll definately third the vacation home thread ! Seems every week we have the same questions and end up repeating the same answers !!

poll- offsite ratings area?
There is a rating area for all the Disney resorts, restuarants, ect:

Do you think us off siters need one for out hotels?

I will third family of 5 and sillmilly for those of us with big families and/or big extended families.

I would like to see a board on other cruise lines (like CCL and RCCL) compared to DCL that leave out of FL.

Vacation Homes

Vacation Homes are very different then off-site hotels. A hotel is a hotel and a home is a home.

When I first thought that I would rent a vacation home, I had to look for threads that talked about vacation homes. I love these boards but feel very strongly that vacation homes need their own site.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Since the Ebay thread is sooooooo long now.....how about an Ebay thread?

I'm another who would like to see a seperate vacation homes area!! ::yes::

Pleeeease?!?!?!

I come to hotels (etc.), ONLY in hope of finding some home rental threads...seems this is where they end up being posted.

I'm not interested in hotels..I'd never go back to renting a hotel room, not after finding the beautiful vacation homes that are available!

Is anyone even taking suggestions here anymore??..this thread is quite old, without many *wishes* being granted! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter