sugar loaf club level

Hi Karen,

My DH & I stayed in Sugarloaf in January & loved it!

It is like a small hotel within a resort giving a personalized feel but then you have the main resort just a v short walk away, plus you are conveniently located not just for the main building but also the Courtyard pool, or simply turn left for the marina.

The Concierge staffmembers are in the lobby at all times for any assistance you may need & we found them very helpful.

The parks were still busy in early January (as well as freezing cold!) & it is like coming back to an oasis - calm & relaxing.

The food offerings for the most part were delicious - they clear away VERY promptly so if you are in need of a snack, you do need to watch the times!

The rooms are cleaned well & a basket of beautiful white clean linen is outside all the rooms early morning for housekeeping to

When we arrived (by car) we were met kerbside & taken straight through to Sugarloaf & to our room. We had requested a King Bed room but it had 2 Queens - but it was a lovely room. Whilst the Cast Member who took us to the room could not really help, when we went downstairs one of the Concierge staff was most helpful.

Later that day, once a King room had been vacated, she called us & asked if we'd like to check it out. The only downside was it had a connecting door. She advised they have very few King rooms, and that the only other King room was on the ground floor near the kitchen & would be noisy.

It has to be said that we were very happy with either the original room or the new one. (We did switch!)

Random notes:
I do not think we'd have liked being on the ground floor so much as I think the noise from the lobby etc could reach those rooms.

Also, I observed that balcony sizes are variable!

I think that they allocate rooms as carefully as they can, e.g. as far as possible putting families in rooms near each other & couples near each other - IF possible.

Families with young children were also catered for with a Cast Member minding several children with teeny chairs & Disney movies, & so they are not out of place either.

I am very fond of the Grand Floridian & this was a much needed break - Sugarloaf worked for us!

Thanks for responding.

Do they serve wine and beer in the evenings? What about cordials?

Do they have uncrustables , and what time of the day? (that, and pizza are the only thing that my son eats)

what other evening offerings are there?

How is the afternoon tea?

I am trying to decide between poly cl and sugar loaf. I am not sure that my family will like all the Asian inspired appetizers at the poly.

We stayed there this Xmas and will return in July and December of this year. We loved the location, food offerings and service.

Evening offerings varied but included some cold salad type options, various skewers, and kid choices. Afternoon tea was nice. Be sure to have the scones!

My husband and I did not like Sugar Loaf. Yes, the building is pretty and the food offerings are ok but we didn't like the concierge staff. They were pretty indifferent-hopefully that has changed. We went to ask a question and the concierge was reading a book. My husband and I stood there for a few minutes before he helped us.

In November, I took my teenaged daughter and 2 of her friends. We stayed in the GF at the Royal Palm court and what a difference! That staff was superlative!!! It rained and we liked not having to walk outside to get to our room.

- they offer cordials & desserts from 8.00pm - 10.00pm (beer also available). (At that time, the wine was no longer out but we only needed to ask & they provided!)

The food they offer is snack-size - so e.g. if they did offer anything "pizzalike" it would be bite-size.

Yes, the scones are v good!

Rie'smom I'm sorry that you had that issue with the Concierge staff - the lady who assisted us was a gem, & she went out of her way to be helpful & check back with us, but I do not know about the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter