Sugar free Margarita Mix?

D

dahirsh

Has anyone come across a sugar free Margarita Mix?

My brother in law was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and one of the things he's truely missing is an occassional Margarita.

I figured someone here might know of a source.

Thanks in advance

Deb

I would love to know this also. dx in Nov with Type 2 myself. and not that I drink them alot only a few times a year, would love to know if there is such a thing.

I am trying to find a simliar substitute, not because I am diabetic, but because I am on Weight Watchers and there are soooo many points in a margarita.

One of my fellow WW members makes frozen cocktails using Crystal Light....so the only calories are the alcohol. I was going to try lime flavored crystal light and see if that was a good substitute w/ tequila. Dont know if that is Diabetic friendly or even tasty, but you might try that!

I don't know if this will help, but I make mine without a mix. I just use fresh lime juice. If you can find mexican limes, they are a little sweeter than the other limes.

Hi! Wyler's also makes a sugar free limeade drink mix. Or, you can use the cool aid mixes in the envelopes that you are supposed to add sugar to (instead of sugar use artificial sweetner). Freeze the prepared drink mix into ice cubes and use them in the blender instead of plain ice cubes because the drink mix is not as strong as margarita mix and you don't want your drink watery tasting. You can also make your own margarita mix with water, lime juice and equal or splenda.

:D

I have this recipe for my low-carb diet. I am not sure if a type 2 diabetic can have splenda or not.

Low-Carb Margarita Mix

1 1/2 cups lime juice, fresh or bottle
1/2 cups lemon juice, fresh or bottle
1 1/2 cups Spenda
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon orange extract

Compine all ingredients in a blender for 1 minute, store in refrigerator until ready to use. Combine 2 ounces of tequila with 6 ounces of mix. Put in blender with lots of ice or simply serve it on the rocks. Don't forget the margarita salt!

For 6 ounce of mix it is 10 grams of carbs.

I am sure you could use another type of sweetner if Spenda does not work. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter