Sudden irritation with Magical Express

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
I have generally been a "stay off site and save money" type of guest. However, I recently decided to take the plunge into DVC (without ever having stayed at a Deluxe resort. I know, crazy, right?)

The irritation of Magical Express going away just fell on me today. How annoying they expect people to pay VERY expensive hotel prices and then do away with a benefit like that!

The intangible value of extending the "bubble" all the way to the airport is something the bean counters at Disney have miscalculated, imo!

It's like the good old days before magical express. LOL I hate that they are taking it away, mainly because it is such an amazing convenience, especially with little kids. Plus, as a solo, female traveler, it was safe. I really, really think that Chapek is going to destroy Disney.

Disney is caring less and less about the experiences and their guests. As a handicap person who loves to travel alone with young grandchildren, Disney has just added another wrench to make my travels harder. I only travel to Disney with them. I am very frustrated. Chapek isn't going to destroy Disney - he already is!

Before Magical Express, Mears Transportation had a similar service that you paid for, and I have every expectation that they will re-establish it. Looking at it from another angle, we live close enough to drive, and I found it frustrating that our hotel rates were a bit higher because we were subsidizing Magical Express for other guests but not using it ourselves.

Before Magical Express, Mears Transportation had a similar service that you paid for, and I have every expectation that they will re-establish it. Looking at it from another angle, we live close enough to drive, and I found it frustrating that our hotel rates were a bit higher because we were subsidizing Magical Express for other guests but not using it ourselves.
?
Except I am subsidizing your pool activity and I never use the pool…
and don’t think twice about it…

The Magic Express Bus could almost be considered Free Advertisement
and a very familiar reminder for everybody driving in this entire area. You saw that bus and you wished you were on it going to WDW or a Disney Cruise.

I have generally been a "stay off site and save money" type of guest. However, I recently decided to take the plunge into DVC (without ever having stayed at a Deluxe resort. I know, crazy, right?)

The irritation of Magical Express going away just fell on me today. How annoying they expect people to pay VERY expensive hotel prices and then do away with a benefit like that!
This kind of cutback is one major reason why I've never been tempted to buy DVC. Buying a timeshare makes it a lot harder to just take your business elsewhere.

Last edited:
The intangible value of extending the "bubble" all the way to the airport is something the bean counters at Disney have miscalculated, imo!
I'm guessing they DID calculate it. It's a numbers game. How much did they pay Mears for the service? How much did they pay employees to do the interaction? How much did they pay BAGS for the luggage portion? Did it really result in more people staying on property? How much was Mears/BAGS going to charge going forward?
The Magic Express Bus could almost be considered Free Advertisement
and a very familiar reminder for everybody driving in this entire area. You saw that bus and you wished you were on it going to WDW or a Disney Cruise.
I find it hard to believe the DME busses really contributed to advertising. Yea, sure, it's "free", but did it really result in anyone saying "let's go to WDW"? It's not like the billboards, radio & TV ads aren't all over the place also.

I think getting rid of DME is one of the worst decisions Disney has ever made, hands down. I’m still shocked they did it (and am looking at off site for my next trip, if I go at all.)

Obviously the people at the top are very disconnected from the whole WDW experience and how DME was an integral part of it for many people.

I think getting rid of DME is one of the worst decisions Disney has ever made, hands down. I’m still shocked they did it (and am looking at off site for my next trip, if I go at all.)

Obviously the people at the top are very disconnected from the whole WDW experience and how DME was an integral part of it for many people.

When people who have never been to WDW would ask me about it. I would always bring up what an amazing feature DME is. It was a big part of what differentiated WDW from US, and every other theme park. Once you get off of the plane, Disney "had" you and you did not have to worry about your bags and transportation. I think getting rid of DME is a huge mistake. More people will stay off site and also rent cars to go offsite it eat and shop.

When people who have never been to WDW would ask me about it. I would always bring up what an amazing feature DME is. It was a big part of what differentiated WDW from US, and every other theme park. Once you get off of the plane, Disney "had" you and you did not have to worry about your bags and transportation. I think getting rid of DME is a huge mistake. More people will stay off site and also rent cars to go offsite it eat and shop.
And saddly they raised hotel prices to make up for all of that.
Found this on reddit.
Change.org save magical express

I do feel for folks over the loss of Magical Express, even though I've never actually used it myself. We keep toying with different ways to get from the train station to the parks, so I can easily imagine how nice it would be to know that aspect of your trip was always set. (We haven't flown down since *before* Magic Express started!)

From all that I have heard, it is MEARS that is refusing to renew. This simply means Disney is left with no choice, as there are restrictions at the airport that limit them to only being allowed to use MEARS. I could be wrong, but this is what I have been hearing.

I'm guessing they DID calculate it. It's a numbers game. How much did they pay Mears for the service? How much did they pay employees to do the interaction? How much did they pay BAGS for the luggage portion? Did it really result in more people staying on property? How much was Mears/BAGS going to charge going forward?

I find it hard to believe the DME busses really contributed to advertising. Yea, sure, it's "free", but did it really result in anyone saying "let's go to WDW"? It's not like the billboards, radio & TV ads aren't all over the place also.
Well, the particular BAGS company they were using went out of business during COVID, so it just was no longer an option at all. Doesn't mean they couldn't have made a deal with Bags VIP, which is a competitor.

As for ME, again, from what I hear it is more MEARS wanting to end it than Disney.

That being said, when we went in June, they were may 12 people at about 5 in the afternoon waiting to get on ME.

And saddly they raised hotel prices to make up for all of that.
Found this on reddit.
Change.org save magical express
Thanks for the link…Did you sign up? not sure I want my name posted…
I already hate seeing all of the strange different resort style busses on property and get pissed at watching them trying to squeeze thru the Speedway (the one under the SkyLiner with car wash)… I wonder if they are not assigned a break area so they have to park and go at the Speedway for snack or go to the “facilities”…
Disney will be saving on so much more than just those busses with This bad decision. It takes a lot of training for safe driving on property.

I wonder if Mears will utilize vans or the oversized busses in January.
If I was a family that had to travel with car seats, I would boycott the Disney Corporation in Walt Disney World. Maybe we need a # Boycott Disney petition too!

Take this with a grain of salt, but a cast member (manager) told me “perhaps Disney will be doing their own Magical Express.” I thought that was interesting.

Take this with a grain of salt, but a cast member (manager) told me “perhaps Disney will be doing their own Magical Express.” I thought that was interesting.
Maybe Disney was pissed that Mears is better at Universal Studios…
Would love to understand what happened to Blue Van Super Shuttle and why they didn’t see Uber/lyftt in the rear view mirror.
I hate Uber Lyft on property and in the area Any other locals that agree?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter