Stupid Palo/Remy Question

Makayna

Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it w
OK I do understand how stupid this question is going to sound. But, I'm going to ask it anyway. :goodvibes

If Palo and Remy (especially Remy, from what I have heard) take 2-3+ hours, why do they stagger arrival times? I mean, I know that it's for the kitchen's sake as well as the sake of the servers so they're not getting sat all at once. But, Palo only seats between 6-8:30. Theoretically, at 7:30, or even 8 o'clock, the 6 o'clock people may not be done eating yet. And at 6:30 or 7pm, the 6pm people DEFINITELY haven't left yet! But by 8:30, some of the 6:00 people probably have.

So do they schedule people for the 8:30 based on the assumption that there will be at least SOME people having left by 8:30. Or, are there enough tables for every single reservation they make, but they stagger them for the servers' sakes and for the sake of the kitchen? I notice that for my cruise, for most nights, the only time available are 8:30. I'm wondering if this is because most people don't like to eat at 8:30pm or is it because they take more 8:30pm reservations on the assumption that some people will have finished eating by then? Perhaps both.

I do understand that this is primarily speculation, but I'm just curious if anyone happens to know the answer to this question.

. . . Or, are there enough tables for every single reservation they make, but they stagger them for the servers' sakes and for the sake of the kitchen?
They stagger reservations so as to not overwhelm the servers or kitchen.

Woody

It's the same as any restaurant with reservations. They don't want everyone on drinks, or appetizers, etc... at the same time. The idea is to stagger the times so that everyone's meal moves along smoothly and the servers can sufficiently take care of their guests.

- Dreams

They also have the dinner paced in a way that you are not being forced to finish one course before the next arrives. This is also a result of the smaller kitchen and attention to detail. If you have one of the first reservations you feel like you are eating by yourself for the first 2 courses.

I think that the "reported" eating windows are getting bigger with each telling. I know there are some meals that have taken 2 - 3 hours, and I haven't eaten at Remy, which is reported to take a full 2 hours, but honestly, I've never taken more than 2 hours to eat at Palo, and it's usually more like 1 1/4 to 1 1/2, and that's even with eating each course, taking our time, spending time chatting with Anne Marie who we love!

Not every meal at Palo is going to take 2 - 3 hours, most likely, the norm is 1 1/2 hours and the longer meals are the exceptions.

So staggering the times makes sense, if I have an early time, I'm done and the tables turned long before an 8:30 diner comes in.

I'm not really asking if staggering makes sense - obviously it does. If for just the cooks, the servers and the hosts. I guess what I was REALLY asking is if there are more 8, 8:30 reservations than there are 6, 6:30, 7 & 7:30 reservations because of being able to turn tables?

I'm not really asking if staggering makes sense - obviously it does. If for just the cooks, the servers and the hosts. I guess what I was REALLY asking is if there are more 8, 8:30 reservations than there are 6, 6:30, 7 & 7:30 reservations because of being able to turn tables?

Ah, I understand now, I don't think so, because, if you've got a 7:30 reservation, that table won't be available for an 8:30 reservation, it's not going to get turned that fast.

I think they set it up where if they have reservations for 6 or 6:30, they'll turn those tables and open them up for reservations at 8 or 8:30, but the ones in the middle of the timeframe aren't going to turn over. So depending on how they stagger them, they'll have more reservations between 6 and 7 then they will between 7 and 7:30 and then up it again for 8 to 8:30.

And did I mention that we love Anne Marie in Palo on the Magic? :lovestruc

I think the reservations are pretty evenly spaced throughout the evening (at least from what I've seen at Palo). As above, I've never had a Palo meal take anywhere close to 3 hours. 90 minutes to 2 hours is a VERY comfortable pace there. We've actually had some run shorter than 90 minutes, but that doesn't settle well with my body.

These restaurants do not plan to turn tables. We have occasionally seen tables re-set at Palo, but we were told that they plan to seat each table once during the evening.

I think the reservations are pretty evenly spaced throughout the evening (at least from what I've seen at Palo). As above, I've never had a Palo meal take anywhere close to 3 hours. 90 minutes to 2 hours is a VERY comfortable pace there. We've actually had some run shorter than 90 minutes, but that doesn't settle well with my body.

These restaurants do not plan to turn tables. We have occasionally seen tables re-set at Palo, but we were told that they plan to seat each table once during the evening.

That's EXACTLY what I was wanting to know! Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter