Studio Backlot Tour or The Great Movie at DHS with Kids?

Studio Backlot Tour or Great Movie Ride with my kids?

• The Great Movie Ride

• Studio Backlot Tour

Results are only viewable after voting.

Carol97

Mouseketeer
I'm planning my DHS day out and I've got all the basics for my dd5 and ds4 like Muppet Vision, TSM, Beauty and the Beasts, Disney Junior, etc. I think I have room in my plan to add either the Great Movie Ride or The Studio Backlot Tour but certainly won't have the time to complete both. Which would you choose? Which would be best for my kiddos?

I haven't done the BLT but TGMR is a little scary. I still warn my kids to close their eyes for the Alien part & have to repeatedly remind them throughout the ride that it's all pretend. Good luck with whatever you decide!

In my opinion, TGMR offers a lot more entertainment than the rather dated BLT. I think your kids would have more fun on the TGMR.

My kids liked the BLT better. My son loves to go see the Star Wars props.

I can see where the Alien scene in TGMR might scare some kids... though mine laugh because it looks so fake. Then again, my now 10 year old loves the Alien movies and they don't scare him at all so that may be why he sees it as fake.

We took our DSs for their first trip when they were 5 & 6. The 5 year old was so scared at the Alien section, that he some how managed to squeeze between me and the corner of the row we were sitting in. When we took them again at 7 & 8, the youngest was still so scared that he wouldn't go near the building. Aliens has since become one of his favorite series of movies to watch, and he loved it when we went this past June (he was 13).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter