"Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." - April Dark Side Weekend 2018 - 5/15 Boma

Enzo’s Hideaway

While we waited for the arrival of our friend, we shopped the Marketplace side of Disney Springs. We were window shopping more so to pass the time and eventually wandered into the Art of Disney where Greg McCullough was signing artwork. Over the course of 2017, my husband had two large tattoos put on his calves that were from his Star Wars/Disney mashups. My husband was a little nervous as either he could end up offended or honored since it was his artwork. Funny enough, Greg mentioned that he literally just was visited by someone else with a Boba Duck on his leg and this was the first time he’s seen people with his mashups tattooed on them.. It was Dark Side weekend so it was the crowd most likely to have Star Wars/Disney tattoo

vX49goq.png

Photo With Greg

After our conversation here, our friend had arrived so we met him over on the West Side to look through the shops there. As it neared time for our reservation, we headed into Enzo’s for dinner. This would be our second time here and our friend’s first time. We ordered a bottle of wine to share among the three of us. This uses the same grape as Barolo wine but as it wasn’t from Piedmont, it was less expensive and also didn’t need as long to decant before being able to be enjoyed.

Fm69K1u.jpg

Nera Wine

We were presented with a different amuse bouche than what we received in February. This time, I was the only one that enjoyed it but I love raw tuna. It was a perfect bite!

osEwizQ.jpg

Amuse Bouche - Tuna

Both our friend and I ordered a Caesar Salad (we hadn’t heard about the lovely Romaine Lettuce Recall at this point). This was a bad order for me as I wasn’t aware that the salad had egg yolk on it like pictured below. I hate egg yolk but I wasn’t going to blame the restaurant for that so I picked around it and my husband ate some of it as well. Our friend loved his and ate all of it! Now I know for next time, state no egg topping.

JEvDVGU.jpg

Cesare - Enzo’s Favorite Recipe w/ Romaine Lettuce Leaves, Sourdough Croutons, Crisp Prosciutto

Between all the drinks and snacks earlier this day around EPCOT, I wasn’t feeling having a large meal for dinner. I decided to order an appetizer as I figured it would fill me up without overdoing it. Since I loved the meatball so much in the dish I ordered last time, I knew the meatball appetizer would be the perfect choice and it was! The meatballs are of a decent size so two was more than enough. They are seasoned just enough to not need any added salt or pepper and the polenta was done right!

CSUcIEN.jpg

Polpettine - Classic Meatballs, Soft Polenta

My husband loved Nonna’s Pasta so much last time, he got the same thing again! This dish is really well done with the short ribs being perfectly tender, a well seasoned meatball and a nice sauce and bechamel on top.

ZEnWD0m.jpg

Nonna’s Pasta - Mezze Rigatoni, Braised Short Ribs, Meatball and Sausage in Tomato Gravy Topped with Nonna’s Secret Besciamella Recipe

Our friend did have a slight mistep this evening. His original lasagna came out and the first bite was great; however, when he moved towards the inside, it was ice cold. This was very quickly corrected by our server and a new one brought out that was fully to temperature. He loved this dish once it was cooked correctly and had it finished off in no time!

cqQJuJh.jpg

Classic Lasagna - Layered Pasta, Meat Ragu, Bechamel, Mozzarella

The three of us passed on dessert as we were all full from our meals. We wondered around Disney Springs some more before our friend left to head home and we went back to the resort to relax for the evening. Despite the slight misstep of the cold lasagna, we’re still going to return in November. My mother and I are planning on trying Maria & Enzo’s in September.​

How cool the hubby got to meet the artist that his tattoo's were from. Glad to see you all enjoyed another meal at Enzo's. The Italian food doesn't interest me too much (I'm 3rd generation Italian and Jason owned an Italian restaurant for awhile so we eat Italian a lot) but I love the look of the Speakeasy. I'm sure we'll get there at some point.

Very cool meeting the artist who inspired your husband's tattoos. I'm obsessed with Brian Kesinger who does mashups of Star Wars and Calvin and Hobbes. 'Lil Kylo is hysterical. Your dinner looks yummy. I'd definitely like to check it out. Thanks for mentioning Wine Bar George in one of your posts above -- I'd forgotten about that so need to add that to the F&W plans too. I could stay for the whole festival and not do everything I'd like to.

Really great review on Enzo's Hideaway. I've never been there before. The amuse bouche looked good to me. The whole concept of the restaurant seems really cool to me, I'll have to check it out.

I always wish I could eat more when at F&G, your impulse orange Bird is so cute in the pictures. I love Italian food and everything looks delicious at Enzo’s.

Wow, Enzo's looks great! I read a few mixed reviews when they first opened but am now really looking forward to trying it. I'm definitely trying the meatballs! The dish your husband got looks great as well. Glad it was a successful dinner and that you got to see your friend!

I cringed reading the cold lasagna just thinking about that bite. Been there (not at Enzos)! I’ve actually had it happen with meatballs, too, at one of our standby Italian restaurants in Maui. Glad they were able to redeem themselves; food looks good. May have to try it for a pre-race carbo load dinner :) As we didn’t cross paths this time either I’ll hold out hope for F&W?

Following along!

Great Review so far!

Thanks for sharing.

We just left WDW yesterday and my husband said I should get that Orange Bird plush because I kept picking it up and loving it. I didn’t get one because I can’t even figure out what to do with my kid’s stuffed animals that he never plays with.

Enzo’s looks fun, I would like to try it sometime. So many DS spots that I want to try though!

How cool the hubby got to meet the artist that his tattoo's were from. Glad to see you all enjoyed another meal at Enzo's. The Italian food doesn't interest me too much (I'm 3rd generation Italian and Jason owned an Italian restaurant for awhile so we eat Italian a lot) but I love the look of the Speakeasy. I'm sure we'll get there at some point.

It was really cool to meet him post tattoos! We had met him back in 2016 when we bought the last of the Star Wars prints.

I totally get not wanting to eat Italian in your situation. At least you could do cocktails at the bar on your next bar hopping night as there are some cocktails totally up Jason's alley there!

Very cool meeting the artist who inspired your husband's tattoos. I'm obsessed with Brian Kesinger who does mashups of Star Wars and Calvin and Hobbes. 'Lil Kylo is hysterical. Your dinner looks yummy. I'd definitely like to check it out. Thanks for mentioning Wine Bar George in one of your posts above -- I'd forgotten about that so need to add that to the F&W plans too. I could stay for the whole festival and not do everything I'd like to.

I do love 'Lil Kylo! He's so emo, its perfect!

Yes! It should be opening in the next few months. I'm so excited as we love wine!

Really great review on Enzo's Hideaway. I've never been there before. The amuse bouche looked good to me. The whole concept of the restaurant seems really cool to me, I'll have to check it out.

It is really cool. I love the speakeasy theme and it works with the story that goes along with Maria & Enzo's upstairs as this was the speakeasy for there air terminal.

I always wish I could eat more when at F&G, your impulse orange Bird is so cute in the pictures. I love Italian food and everything looks delicious at Enzo’s.

We had to make sure we dedicated an additional meal to it! I think we did pretty well on Friday for lunch a well. Enzo's is such a welcome addition!

Wow, Enzo's looks great! I read a few mixed reviews when they first opened but am now really looking forward to trying it. I'm definitely trying the meatballs! The dish your husband got looks great as well. Glad it was a successful dinner and that you got to see your friend!

I think most restaurants at opening have some issues. At home, we usually wait about 3 weeks before trying some place new! With either dish you could try the meatballs so you cannot go wrong either way! I think my husband misses seeing his friend as they used to work together at his last job so it was great to see him. Glad he had training in the right location at the right time! He's also why we are visiting Wisconsin in July for his wedding since his bride is from there.

I cringed reading the cold lasagna just thinking about that bite. Been there (not at Enzos)! I’ve actually had it happen with meatballs, too, at one of our standby Italian restaurants in Maui. Glad they were able to redeem themselves; food looks good. May have to try it for a pre-race carbo load dinner :) As we didn’t cross paths this time either I’ll hold out hope for F&W?

I'm glad the cold lasagna didn't happen to me but I get how it can happen as they probably prep the dish early and have them ready to pop into the oven upon order. Since it was so close to opening, they might not have had the oven hot enough yet or it was colder than they thought! Too bad about the meatball!

It is a great pre-race carb load - although as you totally embrace the deluxe dining plan, you may be too full to really enjoy it all. We have a longer trip for F&W - 1st to 11th! Tomorrow is ADR day and the same day for us to book for Dark Side Weekend!

Following along!

Great Review so far!

Thanks for sharing.

Glad you are enjoying it!

We just left WDW yesterday and my husband said I should get that Orange Bird plush because I kept picking it up and loving it. I didn’t get one because I can’t even figure out what to do with my kid’s stuffed animals that he never plays with.

Enzo’s looks fun, I would like to try it sometime. So many DS spots that I want to try though!

I own more stuffed animals than a 31 year old woman should and I'm not ashamed for it. It is very cute and small! He's currently above our fridge.

There are so many DS spots now with even more on the way! I'm so glad they upgraded it over the past couple of years. Finally worth spending lots of time at since the demise of Pleasure Island!

EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival

My husband and I woke up around 7AM, got ready and headed down to the bus stop to head to EPCOT. I know we arrived about 15 minutes before park opening so I’m pretty sure we did good on time.

I even got a cute photo with Daisy before park opening!

u2xcEp0.jpg

Daisy Photopass

We joined the mad rush towards Soarin’ where we didn’t wait too long and then went on a very empty Living with the Land. From there we did Nemo, Figment and Pixar Shorts. It was nearing 11AM so it was time for us to head back into the World Showcase and keep checking off the booths while eating and drinking our way around the world. Our first stop was for some alcohol at the Pineapple Booth in the front of World Showcase. I just wanted to try the Mana Wheat which I did enjoy but my husband wanted the Dole Whip and the other beers. I enjoyed my Mana Wheat as it was light which is what I enjoy. My husband really likes Gose so he liked how this one was like a sour pina colada. The IPA was just ok. He loves ice cream so it he really was happy with that!

9tIJOO2.jpg

Pineapple Soft-Serve w/ Parrot Bay Coconut Rum

T1WefXr.jpg

Pineapple Beer Flight - Coastal Empire Beer Co Coco Pina Gose, Maui Brewing Company Pineapple Mana Wheat, SweetWater Brewing Company Going Coastal IPA with Pineapple

We headed to the Honey booth where I wanted to try a dish that my husband had no interest in even trying a bite but he was still enjoying his Rum Dole Whip. I was pleasantly surprised by how good this was and how easy it was to remove the charred vegetables I didn’t want to eat. The chicken was tender and the honey sour cream didn’t overpower the dish. I wanted to get a second one eventually during the trip but I failed at did.

cNYZrlr.jpg

Honey Tandoori Chicken Flatbread w/ White Cheddar Cheese, Charred Vegetables, Clover Honey Sour Cream and Micro Watercress

We headed towards Canada as my husband wanted the beef and we both wanted to drink some beer. The beef dish didn’t fancy my interest as there were mushrooms in it and not the biggest mashed potato fan but my husband was happy with its hardiness.

Twe7Bs3.jpg

Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables

We love Unibroue. We were first introduced to this brand at a Le Cellier Signature Event during Food & Wine Festival. Each of these are great in their own way but the ephemere was my favorite. My husband loved the Maudite the most. This is the one flight that was also had to be more careful on splitting as we all wanted them.

EYuYwVX.jpg

Unibroue Beer Flight - Maudite Amber Ale, A Tout Le Monde Saison, Ephemere White Ale

We headed to the cider house near England. My husband and I each selected a dish and we got another flight. My husband was not a fan of his dish as it was bad corned beef. He usually loves corned beef too! Most of it went into the trash.

DERLe6w.jpg

Pear Cider-Brined Shredded Corned Beef with Braised Cabbage and Branston Dressing with Pears

I ordered a dish, fully intending to not eat half of it. I really just wanted the potato and cheddar biscuit as who doesn’t love biscuits as drinking food? The biscuit was awesome. The smoked salmon went into the trash too!

3vPSUmj.jpg

House-Made Potato and Cheddar Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare

This was another flight that was hard to split between the two of us. We both love ciders but the real star for this one was the Grand Mimosa Apple Orange. I made my husband bring home 2 6 packs of it from work as its near its end of life as it is a seasonal item.

QZB8KyH.jpg

Cider Flight - McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider, Florida Beer Company Caribe Pineapple Tropical Hard Cider, Ciderboys Grand Mimosa Apple Orange Hard Cider

We headed to France where we bought three of the items from the booth. I went with one of my favorite proteins, duck, as while I hate to cook it, I love to eat it! This dish was one of my favorites of the festival this year. The gnocchi was well made and the sauce was hearty. It was the right amount of savory to really fill you up as well.

qi2vI02.jpg

Braised Duck Confit with Parisian Gnocchi

The Rose Frozen Slushy has been around for a few years now. Still enjoy it! It isn’t really strong but with the amount we were drinking, we didn’t need for it to be!

cM3VSwr.jpg

La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Grey Goose Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice

We also got the chocolate macaron lollipop to share! We really enjoyed this as the macaron was cooked correctly (unlike the mickey shaped macarons around the park) and perfectly chocolatey. We probably should have each gotten one rather than share!

IyxY3sa.jpg

Chocolate Macaron Lollipop

For our final booth visit, we headed to Florida Fresh for a dish Betsy told me I had to get and more beer as well, we like beer! I was really happy with this version of shrimp and grits. It was just the right amount of spicy for me.

Oz8Kxg1.jpg

Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Stone Ground Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy w/ Local Sweet Corn Relish

As far as the beer went, my favorite of the three was the Key Lime Wheat as it was light. My husband really enjoyed the fruit ale and neither of were fans of the Milk Stout.

Kprk7MV.jpg

Beer Flight - Tampa Bay Brewing Company Quat Seasonal Fruit Ale, Big Top Brewing Company Conch Republic Key Lime Wheat, Fight Magnitude Brewing Company Monarch Milk Stout

We both noticed we were getting a little bit too much of sun at this point and we weren’t really well hydrated (or we were depending on how you look at it) so that after we did our Frozen FP+, we headed back to the hotel to relax and nap. Vacation naps are the best naps.​

Hi! I'm joining in! Gantu is too cute! Our puppy just turned one, and I know what adorable little devils they can be. We affectionately call her Stitch (her name is Ellie.) The cuvee looks divine. I love rose gold, even if it's edible rose gold!

I did not pay enough attention to the booths on my visits this year for some reason. You found several things I didn't see and would love to try. I guess I'll have to try to squeeze in another trip. :idea: Although day trips really limit the potential alcohol consumption, unfortunately. Looks like you guys had a fun day. I agree that lazy vacation days when you're free to nap are the best.

I love the photo of you and Daisy. You both look very pretty. :)

And I love the puppy photos. :cloud9: Just make sure you keep him away from Orange Bird. My “puppy” (who will be 5 years old in July) would rip that bird to shreds in seconds.

Your food all looks so good. I love the food and wine festival with so many different types of food to try. I need to try that french slushy, it looks so good.

Oh my gosh what a great morning/afternoon. Just seeing all your photos makes me miss Epcot so much! (Nevermind that I mostly miss the food... haha) that was a great idea to split the flights. I didn't get to try as many beers as I wanted to in April as most of the time I just ordered one selection (the group of girls made it harder to figure out sharing drinks than when I am there with R). I wish desperately that I had the time or money to get back to F&G before the festival ends! Stupid wedding :duck: (not really)

I didn't try any ciders, but it sounds like I missed out. What luck that you were able to get your husband to grab some! I will have to check our local shops to see if they have any left. If I remember where your husband is working correctly, we have a few around.

Hi! I'm joining in! Gantu is too cute! Our puppy just turned one, and I know what adorable little devils they can be. We affectionately call her Stitch (her name is Ellie.) The cuvee looks divine. I love rose gold, even if it's edible rose gold!

They are adorable little devils. He's calming down slowly which is nice. We recently installed a dog door onto our lanai and I think that helps. He seems so happy to just lay on the lanai chewing his toys. We won't give him full access to the backyard unsupervised until he's full grown as he's escaped out of the fence once between the gate and the fence.

I do love the Rose Gold trend! It is so pretty!

P.S. Happy ADR day! Hope you had luck like we did!

I did not pay enough attention to the booths on my visits this year for some reason. You found several things I didn't see and would love to try. I guess I'll have to try to squeeze in another trip. :idea: Although day trips really limit the potential alcohol consumption, unfortunately. Looks like you guys had a fun day. I agree that lazy vacation days when you're free to nap are the best.

Oh no! You should totally squeeze in another trip to make up for all those misses. Yeah, the day trips do limit the alcohol consumption! I understand that! Tomorrow is Taste of Collier and while I could actually go this year - I don't want to as I couldn't drink all I want to!

I love the photo of you and Daisy. You both look very pretty. :)

And I love the puppy photos. :cloud9: Just make sure you keep him away from Orange Bird. My “puppy” (who will be 5 years old in July) would rip that bird to shreds in seconds.

Thank you :) It's nice to see characters when the line isn't too long! Shockingly, he hasn't destroyed a stuffed animal yet. He has destroyed one teething toy so far. He has some stuffed TsumTsums from Petsmart (Stitch, Mickey, Scar, Scrum) and while they may be missing a foot or two - the stuffing killing hasn't occurred yet. Our Jafar that passed in December, well, he would kill the animal within 5 minutes. Mr. Orange Bird is onto of the fridge though for safe keeping at the moment though just in case!

Your food all looks so good. I love the food and wine festival with so many different types of food to try. I need to try that french slushy, it looks so good.

It was mostly good! I love how they have so many different festivals now! Can't wait for Food & Wine! We're booked for Flower & Garden next year as of yesterday (Star Wars Race Weekend) so we're happy with that too!

Oh my gosh what a great morning/afternoon. Just seeing all your photos makes me miss Epcot so much! (Nevermind that I mostly miss the food... haha) that was a great idea to split the flights. I didn't get to try as many beers as I wanted to in April as most of the time I just ordered one selection (the group of girls made it harder to figure out sharing drinks than when I am there with R). I wish desperately that I had the time or money to get back to F&G before the festival ends! Stupid wedding :duck: (not really)

I didn't try any ciders, but it sounds like I missed out. What luck that you were able to get your husband to grab some! I will have to check our local shops to see if they have any left. If I remember where your husband is working correctly, we have a few around.

EPCOT is my favorite! I'm starting to plan out our November Trip and currently I don't have us going into EPCOT until Day 4. It does become very EPCOT focused after that though due to Food & Wine Festival and the races being done with. I"m not sure that is going to end up staying that way - we need our 1st Day Tequila Bar visit!

Trips with the girls are so much different than trips with the significant others! I don't have issue with sharing drinks with my one friend but it can be an issue when it comes to others or too many.

There is always next year! Its totally the right time to focus on the wedding. That of itself will be amazing! EPCOT isn't going anywhere ;).

Yes - that cider is so good! I need to get him to bring more home but at the same time - we need to drink down what is in the fridge currently so I'm abstaining from asking for more!

Paddlefish

We woke up from our afternoon nap and drove over to Disney Springs. I figured we wouldn’t end up drinking much this evening since we had so much at Flower & Garden earlier in the day. We checked in right on time for our dinner and were quickly sat near the downstairs bar.

I think our server was really new and really scatterbrain and worried for her job. It was strangely inconsistent and her spiels were repeated a couple times along with forgetting items we ordered - like my husband didn’t get his Diet Coke until he was almost done with his soup or seeming upset we didn’t order alcohol or dessert. Oh well! I care more about the food quality than the service for this meal as it was more about eating and getting back to the room for a reasonable bedtime before a 2:45AM wake up call.

My husband had the clam chowder and enjoyed this. It was perfectly creamy with enough clams throughout! It amazes me how he loves clam chowder but doesn’t really like to order clams on their own.

VF2CZG6.jpg

New England Clam Chowder

I went with a caesar to make up for the day before’s that I didn’t enjoy. This was the caesar I wanted. Cheese. Dressing. Croutons. Lettuce. No Hard Eggs. It was gone in no time!

Vulq4vp.jpg

Caesar Salad

For my entree, I really ended up split among a few options but I wasn’t hugely hungry and I didn’t want to get the exact same dish I got last time. I also didn’t feel like dealing with peel and eat shrimp this day, especially with our flighty server who probably would have forgotten to bring me a wet nap or something. I went with the fried shrimp and they were perfectly executed. Shrimp is my favorite seafood! I didn’t really eat any of the fries, although my husband did steal some as fries are his favorite.

KuiSHG2.jpg

Crispy Shrimp - Flash-Fried, Cocktail Sauce, Skin-On-Fries

My husband got the same dish he got last time he was here. He remembered loving is so much that it was no real decision making looking over the rest of the menu. This pork is fork tender and easily falls of the bone! The grits were well done as well but he rather have my fries than the grits so a lot of those got left behind.

aL5Tb5g.jpg

Pork Osso Bucco - Cider-Braised, Cheddar Grits

Overall a decent food meal. The service was eh but at least it wasn’t a David level service goof (That’s for you @pepperandchips & @Vernie822) so it will be less memorabile as time goes on. We’ll probably skip it in November but we’ll back sometime in 2019.​

They are adorable little devils. He's calming down slowly which is nice. We recently installed a dog door onto our lanai and I think that helps. He seems so happy to just lay on the lanai chewing his toys. We won't give him full access to the backyard unsupervised until he's full grown as he's escaped out of the fence once between the gate and the fence.

I do love the Rose Gold trend! It is so pretty!

P.S. Happy ADR day! Hope you had luck like we did!

Happy ADR Day! Yes, about that. I got up at 6:00 to do my ADRS, but it only let me book for 11/1/18. I remember being able to do them for the whole week last year. Were you able to get all of yours booked? I tried the app and the website. I booked Tokyo Dining for our first dinner, but that's all I could get.

Amorette’s Patisserie

We were full and ready to head to Disney Springs before our ADR at 6PM for Enzo’s. We walked to the Beach Club to take the bus there to Disney Springs. While waiting for the bus, we ran into my friends again from earlier as they were going to catch the expo bus from Beach Club. Upon arrival at Disney Springs, we headed somewhere for me to get more alcohol as well, I hadn’t had enough for the day. I had seen on the Disney Parks Blog that they had a fun instagram worthy drink at Amorette’s that I really wanted to try. My husband wanted a diet coke.

The drink is a glass of Fairy Tale Cuvee with Hibiscus Syrup topped with a pink white chocolate Minnie Ears. This drink is super fun looking and the hibiscus syrup doesn’t affect the quality of the champagne. It was kinda hard to eat the white chocolate ears without getting the rose gold all over your fingers which was a little disappointing.

mskEw6L.jpg

Millenial Pink Champagne

As we both were a little hot, we sat inside for a good 30 minutes, played on our phones and watched the bakers decorate various Mickey Mouse cakes. My husband was also talking to a friend to figure out when he would arrive at Disney Springs as he would be joining us for dinner later that evening since he nearby training for his job.​
MUST. HAVE. THIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter