Stroller Rental on ship?

Mom2MyGirls

Earning My Ears
We are considering renting a single stroller while on the ship?

We will be bringing our double for use at disney, and don't really want to bring a single just to use for inside the ship. We would be using the double when we dock at Nassau ( I assume its a lot of walking) and then no stroller for the beach.

Does anyone have info on the single stroller for rent on the ship? Any pictures? Are they the hard plastic ones like they have at Disney?

Thanks

There are strollers available on the ship to borrow free of charge, first come first serve. I'm sorry, I don't know how they look, but I don't think they are the hard plastic ones like at the park. I think you'll find that you probabaly won't need one around the ship so much. Spaces are tight.

A minor correction to the info provided by the previous poster, the strollers are ultimately free of fee, but they will charge a $200 security deposit to your account that will be refunded upon safe return of the stroller. The ones we had on the Magic last spring were really nice (but bulky) jogging strollers. They folded up but were still pretty cumbersome to store in the room. Not sure how you will do it with a double stroller in there as well! We didn't use it on the ship at all, and think they would be difficult to maneuver onboard, but here's a picture...judge for yourself.

Here it is in action (DS was just under 4' tall)...
IMG_0931.jpg

and here it is folded up in the room...
IMG_0976.jpg

We only used ours on Key West, as we walked for over 4 miles. Definitely too much for a 5 year old.

A minor correction to the info provided by the previous poster, the strollers are ultimately free of fee, but they will charge a $200 security deposit to your account that will be refunded upon safe return of the stroller. The ones we had on the Magic last spring were really nice (but bulky) jogging strollers. They folded up but were still pretty cumbersome to store in the room. Not sure how you will do it with a double stroller in there as well! We didn't use it on the ship at all, and think they would be difficult to maneuver onboard, but here's a picture...judge for yourself.

Here it is in action (DS was just under 4' tall)...
IMG_0931.jpg

and here it is folded up in the room...
IMG_0976.jpg

We only used ours on Key West, as we walked for over 4 miles. Definitely too much for a 5 year old.

Thanks so much! Yes that stroller does look kind of bulky. Our double is a combi and it folds up smaller than that. Our single is a Maclaren so is even smaller. We do have in-laws room next door to store one of the strollers. Just not sure I want to drag the double and single onto the airplane, then to resort, and then on boat if we really will only use the single for shopping on the boat, and maybe a little more on the boat.

We definately want our double for Disney, more comfortable than hard plastic :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter