Strategy for Toy Story Opening Day??

Cinderlala

Pixie Dust
We are flying out of LAX on June 17th in the afternoon, but I would like to try to go to the new Toy Story ride that morning. Since that is the opening day for that ride, can anyone give me any pointers for the best bet?:confused3

Any help would be appreciated....:lovestruc

We tried to do a similar thing with Nemo, although it wasnt opening day. I just made sure everyone had gone to the bathroom to do their thing, and once in the park, go straight to the line, no pitstops!!

Have fun!!

I would say get there extra super early if possible so your one of the first to enter the park, then run straight toward TSM, if you can't do that, you might have to wait till closing time where the line may or may not be shorter.

A) Get there as early as possible and just sit in line and rush to it ASAP

B) If you arrive to an already long line wait until a minute or two before closing and enter the line. Anyone who enters a line before closing time will be allowed onto the ride no matter how long the line is.

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

Do you have any suggestions for the best way to quickly enter DCA?

Should I try the 9:30 opening just for Soarin, but just sort of hang out closer to where the Toy Story ride will be? If so, how do you get in to DCA for the 9:30 entry?

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

Do you have any suggestions for the best way to quickly enter DCA?

Should I try the 9:30 opening just for Soarin, but just sort of hang out closer to where the Toy Story ride will be? If so, how do you get in to DCA for the 9:30 entry?

No tips other than to get there early. I believe the Soarin FP machines are open at 9:30, so if you want to ride Soarin, but don't want to leave your great place at the front of rope drop, just quickly grab a Soarin FP and then hang out around with the rest of the crowd heading for TSMM. At 10AM they will have "rope drop" which means they will open the entire park to the public and everyone will "run" to TSMM. (however things might be handled differently on its opening day).

Get a room at the GCH and get in thier hotel only line early. You will be slightly ahead of the pack if you are first in line.

Get a room at the GCH and get in thier hotel only line early. You will be slightly ahead of the pack if you are first in line.

We already have rooms elsewhere---would we be able to go through GCH's entrance if we had breakfast at GCH?

We already have rooms elsewhere---would we be able to go through GCH's entrance if we had breakfast at GCH?

You can use the entrance if you have breakfast in the hotel. But I believe they open the front gates at the same time (9:30).

Its possible like Nemo that there is a opening cerimony before the actual opening of the ride. Like Nemo, the ride never opened up until the afternoon.

My best suggestion is trying to see if the ride is opened before the opening date.

Its possible like Nemo that there is a opening cerimony before the actual opening of the ride. Like Nemo, the ride never opened up until the afternoon.

My best suggestion is trying to see if the ride is opened before the opening date.

Ooh, thanks for the heads up! :)

Our flight leaves that afternoon, so if the ride did not open in the morning, we couldn't do it at all!! :sad1:

To see if the ride is open before the opening would I just have to ask a CM during the days before the official opening?

Ooh, thanks for the heads up! :)

Our flight leaves that afternoon, so if the ride did not open in the morning, we couldn't do it at all!! :sad1:

To see if the ride is open before the opening would I just have to ask a CM during the days before the official opening?

most likely, CMs dont even know about it. The current CM preview was unknown until we saw the signs that state it was happening. You bet is to go see if its opened or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts