Strategy for Gideon's

cbonewjersey

Babooey
I was just in Orlando for a conference (yes, crazy!!). I didn't get into the parks but disney springs, several times. It's mobbed, if you didn't know. Anway, the line for Gideon's bakery is incredible. I'm back in August with the family for 10 days....what do you do to get that cookie?? Is there anything online that you have to do? any help is appreciated.

I was just in Orlando for a conference (yes, crazy!!). I didn't get into the parks but disney springs, several times. It's mobbed, if you didn't know. Anway, the line for Gideon's bakery is incredible. I'm back in August with the family for 10 days....what do you do to get that cookie?? Is there anything online that you have to do? any help is appreciated.

So if you arrive at Gideon’s early as in 9-10 (opens at 10:00) they will allow you to get right in the line once the line reaches an hour wait they take your phone number and add you to a virtual line. They text you when it’s your turn to join the line which means you are lucky enough to join end of line and wait another 30-45 min before you can actually get into the store. It’s very small inside and has 3 or 4 registers. As guests leave the store they allow more in...much easier during the week vs weekends. And yes as hard as it is to believe it’s actually worth the insane wait🤷🏻‍♀️

Tips:
1. Go during the week. Weekends are busier.
2. Go earlier in the day. If you can get there between 10am - 12pm, that will be your best bet.
3. Go to Gideon's first thing when you arrive at DS. If the virtual queue hasn't started, then just get in the regular line. If the virtual queue has started, go to the Gideon's employee managing that and get put in the queue. You will need to give them your cell number and they will text you.
4. If you have been put into the virtual queue, go walk around DS and explore all it has to offer while you wait for their text message that your time has arrived.
5. Watch Gideon's social media pages for special releases and updates. If there is a special release on the day you are there, the line will be even longer and you will definitely want to make sure you get there earlier rather than later.
6. Look at their menu ahead of time and know what you want when you get to the register, well at least for the most part. You may have questions for them, and they are happy to answer them. But knowing what you want ahead of time helps keep the line moving for everyone else.
7. Here was our plan the first time we went, since we are out-of-state: We planned to get one of all of the cookies. We brought ziploc freezer bags with us to take them home and freeze them, as we knew we wouldn't be able to eat all of them during our trip. If you plan to do this, I recommend taking them out of their paper wrapper and putting them directly into the ziploc bag when you get back to your room. They kept better that way for us. The ones we left in their wrapper dried out faster.

Enjoy the sugar rush!!!

We went to the original Gideon's location in Orlando back in 2019. Is it still easier to obtain cookies from that location? We went right in with no wait back then.

I was at DS over Memorial Day weekend and I arrived at Gideon's at 9.30am (they open at 10am) and I queued for about one hour. Not too bad.

Once the queue reaches a certain length past Morimoto, CMs will add you to the virtual queue.

We went to the original Gideon's location in Orlando back in 2019. Is it still easier to obtain cookies from that location? We went right in with no wait back then.
I would say it's easier to obtain cookies from the original Gideon's location. It might be busy, but probably nothing like DS.

I would say it's easier to obtain cookies from the original Gideon's location. It might be busy, but probably nothing like DS.
We were at the original Gideon’s last week and the wait was around 15 minutes on a Monday afternoon. We think the cookies and the chocolate cake slice were totally worth the drive.

True story---I don't even want a cookie---I just want to go in the store because it looks cool, LOL! So I'll be trying for a weekday when we go and hoping for the best!

7. Here was our plan the first time we went, since we are out-of-state: We planned to get one of all of the cookies. We brought ziploc freezer bags with us to take them home and freeze them, as we knew we wouldn't be able to eat all of them during our trip. If you plan to do this, I recommend taking them out of their paper wrapper and putting them directly into the ziploc bag when you get back to your room. They kept better that way for us. The ones we left in their wrapper dried out faster.

Enjoy the sugar rush!!!
Ziplocs to freezer, great idea! Thanks for the detailed post!

True confession of a cookie freak: I've been reading about Gideon's and reading/listening to reviews for a while now. I think I am just as excited about visiting Gideon's as I am visiting the parks!

True confession of a cookie freak: I've been reading about Gideon's and reading/listening to reviews for a while now. I think I am just as excited about visiting Gideon's as I am visiting the parks!
I totally understand! I was that way too!!!

My wife has been talking about Gideon's a lot as she is a huge cookie fan. Hopefully it all lives up to her expectations. We may have to make a second Disney Springs trip if we have issue the first time.

If we're going down on a weekday in September, we're planning on spending the day at Disney Springs.. I'd imagine if we stop there first thing (like 9AM-10AM), we should be good even in the virtual queue for a spot at some point during the day, right? Can't imagine it'll still be that "bad" by then!

True story-I am planning a trip JUST to go to Gideon’s

Yes it is a very stressless way to get the cookies. This is the location we went to in June. Walked right in no line and cookies were delicious.

True story-I am planning a trip JUST to go to Gideon’s
I just realized that our next WDW trip happens to span 2 months (end of Sept - early Oct), so we should be able to get in on the "September" specials and the "October" specials that they come out with. If I were planning a trip just for Gideon's in the future, I think I would definitely try to span two months like this so I could get in on as many of their monthly-specials as possible! :)

I just realized that our next WDW trip happens to span 2 months (end of Sept - early Oct), so we should be able to get in on the "September" specials and the "October" specials that they come out with. If I were planning a trip just for Gideon's in the future, I think I would definitely try to span two months like this so I could get in on as many of their monthly-specials as possible! :)
That's the smartest planning I've ever heard!!!

I just booked a two night trip (8/14-8-16). Im really hoping to get a Key Lime Cookie. I think they specials run mid-month

We went early and got in the virtual line before brunch. Easy peasy! We failed like 3 times trying to go at "normal" Disney Springs time before trying the brunch approach.

Way easier plus we got brunch and the line for world of Disney was short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter