• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strangest thing YOU have seen at any DVC or DVC Event

Thanks for the warning! DH golfs at WDW every time we go. Which course was this?

I'm pretty sure it's whichever course starts out with a tee shot aimed at the poly. I think it's the palms course. There's a short par 4 on the 4th hole and they usually don't let carts on the fairway. The cart path is right next to the woods, so it's a prime spot for a raccoon to raid golf carts.

Back in 2018, my daughter had an empty fruit rollup wrapper in the cart and the raccoon would not leave us alone. I ended up driving up to the next tee box and threw the wrapper away -- the raccoon emerged from the woods by the trash can...proceeded to go dumpster diving, and then came out with the wrapper in his mouth before he disappeared quickly into the woods.

I've also seen raccoon on the tee box of the 18th hole there.
This is correct...There is a cart loop at the is right of the green and turns to the left of tee box next hole,,,Brazen raccoon. even having one of us at the cart he would come within 6 feet of us looking like he was wandering ,,just waiting for us to leave...wish I had video

A large wire cage, with a few chickens hanging in it on the lawn on the entrance to the Disney Inn, now Shades of Green. The bus driver tried to convince us they were trying to catch a turtle.....you mean an alligator? Not DVC but it was odd.
I was told a long time ago that chickens in a cage on property were there to see if there was an outbreak of a contagion like the flu. Chickens normally get it first. If they do, Disney knows they have a problem with disease on property. This was long before Covid. They use to have a cage of chickens on the trail from FW to WL and we'd see them all the time. I always thought it was odd until someone told me this.
Not sure if this was 100% true but sounds good.

I went to dinner at wilderness lodge one night,
the launch skipper over loaded the boat, the faster he tried to go the lower the stern sank….. about half way between the two resorts water was about 6 inches deep and ever one was yelling we were sinking…..

Larry, the skipper was oblivious…..

Later. The transportation department tried to explain it as they put the wrong prop on the boat….

I don’t remember how many people were one the boat, but know I got an apology from the vip of transport the next day, for the boat “being so full.”

I went to dinner at wilderness lodge one night,
the launch skipper over loaded the boat, the faster he tried to go the lower the stern sank….. about half way between the two resorts water was about 6 inches deep and ever one was yelling we were sinking…..

Larry, the skipper was oblivious…..

Later. The transportation department tried to explain it as they put the wrong prop on the boat….

I don’t remember how many people were one the boat, but know I got an apology from the vip of transport the next day, for the boat “being so full.”
Wait a minute--your boat was taking on 6 inches of water? You were halfway between the two resorts--how did you get safely to a dock?

once the skipper slowed down the stern stopped squatting so much….
basically stop and at slow speed the aft scuppers were about an inch above the water line …. With any type of speed the were below….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter