Strange posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeAriel

DIS Veteran
I think the moderators need to keep a watchful eye on someone new to these boards. :confused3

If you ever need to report a post to a moderator, click on "report bad post" icon near the bottom of the the user's ID.

I found that button yesterday. I reported someone who did some nasty posts on a thread I was reading. I then went to see if the person posted on any other boards(which they did) and reported those threads. Now I can't find the original thread I was looking at. And it was a good one too. I can't remember what it was called. Oh well. :dog: :confused3

PaMom001 said:
I found that button yesterday. I reported someone who did some nasty posts on a thread I was reading. I then went to see if the person posted on any other boards(which they did) and reported those threads. Now I can't find the original thread I was looking at. And it was a good one too. I can't remember what it was called. Oh well. :dog: :confused3
Some times a thread can be removed at the request of the OP, if it does not meet posting guidelines the Mods can also remove it. If you posted to the thread you can go back and look under your posts to find the thread if it is still there.

If there is someone you really find consistantly is rude, or for what ever reason you don't want to read, you can always put them on your ignore list.

To find threads that haven't been deleted that you posted on, go to "User CP" (user control panel) and thread you have posted in will be shown. More will be shown if you click the button saying show all threads. The CP button is located near the top on the left, in the same row as FAQ, Member's List, etc.

If you want to be sure to find a thread later on but don't have anything to post on it at the time, the middle of the top blue line of the thread has a button "thread tools". Click that and you can subscribe to the thread so that it will appear on your Control Panel.

That's creepy. I posted on a board about character experiences and didn't have a chance to log on afterwards. This morning I saw the postings from everyone who turned someone in for some disgusting post. I'm not sure what it was about since the post was removed.

Hi everyone!

If you see a suspicious post or poster, please don't hesitate to contact a moderator or webmaster directly. We'll be happy to address any issues you may have.

This also serves as a reminder that personal attacks are not allowed on the DIS. Please refrain from name calling or attacking another DISer.

Thanks!

Someone was rude to me and copy and pasted my post and used cuss words against me. So I clicked on the report a bad post button and the mods took care of it :)

I am so innocent and cute so people should not pick on me and try to hurt my poor little feelings lol :)

i'm so glad it got taken care of for you

LakeAriel said:
I think the moderators need to keep a watchful eye on someone new to these boards. :confused3

Uh huh!!! There is a newbie creeping me out, too! I'm wondering if it is the same person you are thinking of!!!

There are plenty of moderators keeping an eye on all the boards. Any time you feel you need to bring attention to a post just use the little triangle outlined in red on the left hand side. You can report a post to a moderator.

MrsTink04 said:
Uh huh!!! There is a newbie creeping me out, too! I'm wondering if it is the same person you are thinking of!!!
I'm 99.99% sure I know who you're talking about and to me, there are red flags a plenty. Call it a gut feeling or whatever, but something is not right.

Hi gang,

Just a reminder (again) that if you see something suspicious, please use the Report This Thread to a Moderator button. This is the best way to get our attention to an issue. Although we won't always delete/edit the post, we will definately investigate it.

Thank you!!

I've noticed someone that was kinda "different" but not rude or anything. Just a little weird. Is that what y'all mean? But, you can't do anything about "weird".

Oh wait, that was my own post I was reading! :rotfl2:

Sometimes I crack myself up!

blewits...you are right. (not about your own posts!!:rotfl2: )

We meant "strange" posts...not rude or derogatory. You are on the right track.

yeah, mrstink - i just spent the last hour doing some "research". i must say it was quite entertaining. but be careful, someone is listening :ssst:

the conclusion i have come to based on my research is that it can't be helped. it just "IS" . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter