castleview

I'm on my 103rd attempt to grown
In short:

Nearly 4 year old stove
Baking element and clock went
Cost to fix $275 before tax
I paid $600 for the stove

New Stove?

Can you install the new stove yourself? Will you have to pay delivery?

I just paid $250 for a much older stove to have the ignitor replaced. DH said "we could have bought a new one for not much more". But you add on delivery and installation it was more money that didn't make sense.

We are hoping to move in a couple years so again, the extra money didn't seem worth it.

Can you install the new stove yourself? Will you have to pay delivery?

I just paid $250 for a much older stove to have the ignitor replaced. DH said "we could have bought a new one for not much more". But you add on delivery and installation it was more money that didn't make sense.

We are hoping to move in a couple years so again, the extra money didn't seem worth it.

$10.00 delivery and they'll take the old one

I feel for you. We have a 3 year old Duet washer that keeps crapping out on us and I keep wondering the same thing. Do I pay a few hundred to fix it or buy a new cheaper one.

If I were you I'd probably buy a new one. I know it stinks being out the original money you paid, but who knows if "fixing" it will actually fix it.

Keep an eye out for the ads. Sears and most big electronics stores are always having some type of sale. We have one local appliance store that always has really great deals.

Good luck to you!

Rachel

Same thing happened to me last year. We decided to get a new one and went to one of those home stores that let you pay in back in 12 months without interest. It was the right choice for us but each family is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter